ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
China keen to invest in Halal meat industry

November 04, 2019

5dbf8f3007349.jpg

Leader of a Chinese delegation Zhu Maa has shown interest in investing in Halal meat industry in Pakistan and exporting it to China and Middle Eastern countries. — AP/File
ISLAMABAD: Leader of a Chinese delegation Zhu Maa has shown interest in investing in Halal meat industry in Pakistan and exporting it to China and Middle Eastern countries.

Mr Zhu said this during a meeting with Minister for States & Frontier Regions and Narcotics Control Shehryar Khan Afridi.

According to a statement issued by the ministry on Sunday, the delegation from Sichuan Province has also a number of Muslims.

Saying China has good equipment and services, Mr Zhu vowed to showcase Pakistani products and Halal food in Chinese markets.

“I have visited Pakistan around half a dozen times and each time it was a great experience. People of both countries are very friendly. There is a need to project opportunities for investment in Pakistan to Chinese people,” he said.

Minister says one-window service for foreign investors has been introduced

The minister said that the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) has created opportunities for the underdeveloped countries to rise like China.

“Chinese President Xi Jinping’s vision will benefit the underdeveloped countries to join the world and they will rise with help from BRI,” he said.

Mr Afridi said the PTI government had launched a reforms process in Pakistan so it could be open for foreign investors.

“China and its people live in our hearts. Chinese people stood for Pakistan since day one. It gives me immense delight that I am meeting Muslims of China who believe in one God and faith.”

He said that China’s unprecedented rise reflects that a strong nation can get all parts of the country along and this is how President Xi has done wonders with his poverty alleviation campaign.

“We salute and cherish the way the Chinese government has got 800 million people out of poverty. Today China is an inspiration for the entire globe,” he added.

The minister said that Pakistan provided firm support to China during Ping Pong diplomacy and helped it become a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council and it (Pakistan) is still with China when it has become a great world leader.

“It is unfortunate that Pakistan’s image has been replicated negatively. I hope after watching Pakistan closely you would become ambassadors of Pakistan and tell Chinese nation how peaceful and loving Pakistanis are,” he said.

Mr Afridi said that due to Chairman Mao Zedong leadership and Deng Xiaopeng’s reform agenda, China has become one of the greatest economic giants of the world.

“Entrepreneurship is the way of Sunnah of Holy prophets. Pakistan is blessed with all resources. We have all seasons and we are blessed with our youths and we have rich mineral resources and fertile lands. Return on investment is much higher in Pakistan in the entire region and our government has opened Pakistan for international investors to come and invest here,” he said.

Published in Dawn, November 4th, 2019

KARACHI: Pakistan has the potential to meet demand for halal meat and its by-products, speakers at a seminar said .

“Global halal markets include not only Islamic banking and finance, but also food, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, education, chemical, travel, tourism and hospitality industries,” said Ahmed Ali Siddiqui, director at the Centre for Excellence in Islamic Finance at the Institute of Business Administration.

Islamic finance is a critical component of the Halal market, he said. For a product to be completely halal, its ingredients as well as financing and manufacturing process must be Shariah-compliant, he added.

Mufti NajeebKhan, who has been associated with the halal food industry for the past decade, said that Islamic finance and the halal food industry are growing in Pakistan.

Although consumers tend to think all food products in Pakistan are halal, the country is flooded with non-compliant items in seafood, chicken and chocolate segments, according to a speaker.

Leader of a Chinese delegation Zhu Maa has shown interest in investing in Halal meat industry in Pakistan and exporting it to China and Middle Eastern countries

I would be afraid if China came into this...

I once had a conversation with a Chinese student...She asked me why I only bought from a particular shop. I said coz it is halal. She asked what is halal so I explained. She said oh all the meat in China is halal coz we hang the chicken upside down (the only part of my hour long explanation that she understood)

:(

I once had a conversation with a Chinese student...She asked me why I only bought from a particular shop. I said coz it is halal. She asked what is halal so I explained. She said oh all the meat in China is halal coz we hang the chicken upside down (the only part of my hour long explanation that she understood)

Hehe that's funny. That's not a Chinese specific reaction though. Most non-muslims don't understand halal.

That's not a Chinese specific reaction though.
I hope not...She was just 1 such student ..

A lot others wanted to know why remove the blood while some said their grandma did it back in their village. Others claimed that they saw butcher hang chicken upside down (conclusion: all of them were stuck at the removal of the blood by hanging the chicken upside down)...Maybe it was the only part they understood...

Most non-muslims don't understand halal.
No they dont...the problem is not just the concept but also the language barrier ...the language needed to explain and express it.

I still would be doubtful about meat coming from China...sorry just me being me!

An industry still not fully exploited by Pakistan.
I had attended a halal food convention about 1 decade ago. only 1 delegation from Pakistan appeared. Rest were from Korea, Japan, Thailand and some from West. These countries were interested in collecting information and surveying how much work was being done in the market!

Enough to say 1 delegation who probably didnt report back or just flushed the idea and decided it was more of a travel abroad trip? Coz for 10 years Pakistan has done nothing in this field!

the only reply you will get from me on this post is in Chinese, "Yeeessssss"

A lot others wanted to know why remove the blood while some said their grandma did it back in their village. Others claimed that they saw butcher hang chicken upside down (conclusion: all of them were stuck at the removal of the blood by hanging the chicken upside down)...Maybe it was the only part they understood...

No they dont...the problem is not just the concept but also the language barrier ...the language needed to explain and express it.

I still would be doubtful about meat coming from China...sorry just me being me!

Yeah, there is definitely a language barrier but most major countries have Muslims that speak the native language. but anyways this article is about the Chinese investing in the Pakistani meat market and then exporting to china and middle east.

Chinese investing in the Pakistani meat market and then exporting to china and middle east.
halal meat industry! And middle east meat is supposed to be halal if it is coming from Pakistan!

I had attended a halal food convention about 1 decade ago. only 1 delegation from Pakistan appeared. Rest were from Korea, Japan, Thailand and some from West. These countries were interested in collecting information and surveying how much work was being done in the market!

Enough to say 1 delegation who probably didnt report back or just flushed the idea and decided it was more of a travel abroad trip? Coz for 10 years Pakistan has done nothing in this field!

Pakistan can earn so much, we have entire gulf next to us and we are Muslim country.

Top halal exporters are non-Muslim countries: Brazil, India, China, Australia

New Zealand is also big in the game, their entire domestic meat industry only produces halal meat. All meat in New Zealand is halal.

5a2a6634ec1ade313c142aed

Top halal exporters are non-Muslim countries: Brazil, India, China, Australia

New Zealand is also big in the game, their entire domestic meat industry only produces halal meat. All meat in New Zealand is halal.

5a2a6634ec1ade313c142aed

WoW, it’s time for me to move to New Zealand.

Back
Top Bottom