What's new

Guy holding AK in Blue Area Islamabad

But nooooooo. That would be a violation of media rights!!! How dare law enforcement officials show them daanda and put them out of possibly dangerous situation

This would be grounds for mass protest at press club!

*more face palms*

Actually that did happen!

The policemen was trying to get the ARY news reporter away, who didn't budge. Rangers guy cam and even then he didn't budge. Then a forlift with a concrete block came and the guy finally moved. Idiot.

Then a fight broke out between Dunya cameraman and police when they were telling them to move back. Dunya still crying that their camera men weren't being let to do their job. Pathetic.

If I were within yards of him and a security official, I would interpret his non verbal physical actions as hostile and threatening.

4 or 5 times he lifts his weapon in the air, pointing it almost at officers.

More than enough justification to take him out.... Lethally or non-lethally

Sir law is simple as the taught in police:

Dafa 99: nahi nahi, if the persons jesters are not threatening a person of imminent thread to life, or threat to property or case of izzat zany bil jabber the. You can't use lethal force.

Dafa 100 ; Hundred "Han Han" if the jesture or actions of the person are life threatening, or immediate loss of life, izzat, zany bil jabber then lethal force is justified.

Even in this umbrella you have to justify level of force used. You can't shoot someone hurling abuse saying I was under imminent threat. Similarly if the weapon is in shakari position the threat is minimal and 99 not 100 would apply.

Now when we talk about use force in Pakistan, not USA:UK etc, here is te levels of force:

Level 1: Physical presence- te physical presence, uniform, appearance an demeanour deter criminals
Level 2: Verbal caution/ compliance - achieved by using assertive direct cautions and commands.
Level 3: Non aggressive physical interention: using hands to stop person by blocking path, redirection, intervention
Level 4: pain compliant locks and physical contact: joint locks, body locks, physical restraint
Level 5: non lethal force: tear has, batons etc
Level 6: Lethal force
Level 7: Kill Zone

Hope this helps, remember that this can move upon down level dynamically ad can be though of line a rubber band.

i think the people who were handling the situation are more experienced than us watching on our TV sets. A guy with fully loaded guns at his disposal is always considered dangerous. He was firing randomly in air so the guy did knew how to use his weapon.

If you even brandished a weapon in Washingon DC -especially within hundred yards of White House - secret service as well as snipers atop the White House would take turns pumping you with 7.62mm and 9mm lead

Just putting things in perspective

This should not have been multiple hours affair. Media had a blast, but it reflects poorly on Islamabad police. They are having well trained people but they don't have water in their ball sacks. Show some muscle! Get those god damn civilians out of there, set up cordon, no media people to give him attention.

I'm not saying be trigger happy but the second he raises weapons and using threatening posture like that he is fair game

If you even brandished a weapon in Washingon DC -especially within hundred yards of White House - secret service as well as snipers atop the White House would take turns pumping you with 7.62mm and 9mm lead

This should not have been multiple hours affair. Media had a blast, but it reflects poorly on Islamabad police. They are having well trained people but they don't have water in their ball sacks. Show some muscle! Get those god damn civilians out of there, set up cordon, no media people to give him attention.

I'm not saying be trigger happy but the second he raises weapons and using threatening posture like that he is fair game

thats what i want to tell,

if you give a trained person that much time he will ruin the party. kill many and will do too much damage.

Fair game for you and me maybe, but what about your Hamid Mirs and Asma Jehangirs?

Lal Masjid was also fair game. The guy killed for not stopping at a checkpoint was also fair game. When you don't stop, you get a bullet, simple.

But those guys are in jail now.

Policemen and Rangers now think twice before using force in cities, had this been in Rajanpur or some tehsil of Sindh, this would have been over in 30 minutes. But here the media was all over the place. The media has become a mafia and PEMRA is sleeping. 30 minutes primetime to a terrorist!

Sir law is simple as the taught in police:

Dafa 99: nahi nahi, if the persons jesters are not threatening a person of imminent thread to life, or threat to property or case of izzat zany bil jabber the. You can't use lethal force.

Dafa 100 ; Hundred "Han Han" if the jesture or actions of the person are life threatening, or immediate loss of life, izzat, zany bil jabber then lethal force is justified.

Even in this umbrella you have to justify level of force used. You can't shoot someone hurling abuse saying I was under imminent threat. Similarly if the weapon is in shakari position the threat is minimal and 99 not 100 would apply.

Now when we talk about use force in Pakistan, not USA:UK etc, here is te levels of force:

Level 1: Physical presence- te physical presence, uniform, appearance an demeanour deter criminals
Level 2: Verbal caution/ compliance - achieved by using assertive direct cautions and commands.
Level 3: Non aggressive physical interention: using hands to stop person by blocking path, redirection, intervention
Level 4: pain compliant locks and physical contact: joint locks, body locks, physical restraint
Level 5: non lethal force: tear has, batons etc
Level 6: Lethal force
Level 7: Kill Zone

Hope this helps, remember that this can move upon down level dynamically ad can be though of line a rubber band.

I could take 3 or 4 freeze frame pictures and show when his barrel is pointed at officers. And that too I think when he had finger on the actual trigger (cops can't see if safety on or off from meters away)

I don't know procedures or police checklist but thanks for sharing. At least thank God no officers killed or severely injureD

India is not perfect, but Pakistan still require time to make a system and let it be matured. Police did a good job by not shooting, respecting human life, giving time to let him wore off. But climax washed all. Why police was shooting in air after capturing him??? They did not won a war against enemy, they only shot and caught an offender of their own country. What they are celebrating for??? No offense, but it is indiscipline to my eyes.

Fair game for you and me maybe, but what about your Hamid Mirs and Asma Jehangirs?

Lal Masjid was also fair game. The guy killed for not stopping at a checkpoint was also fair game. When you don't stop, you get a bullet, simple.

Policemen and Rangers now think twice before using force in cities, had this been in Rajanpur or some tehsil of Sindh, this would have been over in 30 minutes. But here the media was all over the place. The media has become a mafia and PEMRA is sleeping. 30 minutes primetime to a terrorist!

Extremely a cause for frustration

I could take 3 or 4 freeze frame pictures and show when his barrel is pointed at officers. And that too I think when he had finger on the actual trigger (cops can't see if safety on or off from meters away)

I don't know procedures or police checklist but thanks for sharing. At least thank God no officers killed or severely injureD

The first time the SSP came to talk and when Sikandar got his gun up to gesture, I had my heart in throat moment.

But the officer seemed pretty calm, at least on the outside.

India is not perfect, but Pakistan still require time to make a system and let it be matured. Police did a good job by not shooting, respecting human life, giving time to let him wore off. But climax washed all. Why police was shooting in air after capturing him??? They did not won a war against enemy, they only shot and caught an offender of their own country. What they are celebrating for??? No offense, but it is indiscipline to my eyes.

It was a lot stupider after Manawan police academy incident. After the terrorists were all killed several officers were doing hawayi firing with AKs full auto. In fairness - I think they were cadets only

It doesn't reflect well on the whole force. Actually I was aware of only firing during the incident when they tried scaring away media and civilians. Not aware of firings after suspect went down

why dont our agencies and army controll our media?? the first question comes to my mind after watching these bas...tds
this negative propaganda against army and ISI is hurting us badly. a layman take their point of view as well. Army and ISI are unable to talk to a layman. but these bitche..s will always be their to creat a point.
its our army and ISI's fault not going after these.

What are they brandishing their gun in the air for firing away like that... I hope I am mistaken and this is not some sort of idiotic celebration in taking this guy down.:undecided:

the guy didnt even shoot that zamrud khan nor any civilian nor any soldier... how can he be a threat?! He just fired randomly ....

I hope he survives and we could know the real story who was behind him or why he acted this way but He would get very high sentenced or will be send to mental hospital if found abnormal.

Back
Top Bottom