What's new

Gurgaon (India) will get POD taxi – A futuristic transport system

sms

Reaction score
Country
India
No drivers, no rails, no emissions and no haggling over fares. The future of Gurgaon’s public transport is bubble shaped and it’s called a pod taxi.
Designed to work on specialized roads reserved for them, the space age pods are unmanned. And, if Haryana government is to be believed, these low energy, no emission vehicles will become Gurgaon’s transport reality in near future.

getimage.dll

getimage.dll

Model | Build, operate & transfer
Phase-I (New & Old Gurgaon) | 105 km, 143 stations
Stretch | Ist: 31km IInd: 74km
Pod density | 30 pods after every kilometre
Land Needed for a station | 100 sq yard
Facility at stations | Multi-level parking
Status | Detailed project report completed
Time needed | 18 months from the day of awarding of the project

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Defau...=1284453650375

I will be more than happy if govt concentrates more on broadening of roads and traffic discipline instead of this fancy futuristic things,,,,

High flying ideas... just focus on developing the whole of Gurgaon as ONE city... there is too much disparity in the so called 'showcase city of India'... fix the traffic situation... get reliable power, water etc instead

These 'fancy futuristic things' will reduce road traffic by leaps and bounds. Moreover, it won't take a very long time to develop this project once approved. Read: Time needed | 18 months from the day of awarding of the project

Think about it, would you use your car if you have the option of travelling by these pods/metro/a combination of both ?

this is a great Initiative.....now if this extends to the entire national capital region ( Greater Noida ,Faizabad , etc).....we can rapidly improve connectivity...
and this is the best part......
low energy, no emission vehicles will become Gurgaon’s transport reality in near future.

metros like delhi , mumbai ,Kolkata to name a few is already struggling with increased pollution levels...with a dramatic increase in environment friendly public transport facilities ...it will go a long way in preventing a Beijing like situation in our cities.....bangalore has already implemented several steps in this regard....low emission Volvo buses( compliant with euro III norms) and 40 % green cover in the main city.....:cheers:

I dont believe a word of it. Ask the folks who live in Gurgaon. Tall buildings and office complexes but the roads are non-existent. Its craters everywhere. I bet if Hooda can spend even half of the proposed amount on roads there would be no need for any futuristic Pods.

these things are very much important,

A very good step taken by govt. road boradning wont help even an iota. we all know what happned with the new nh-8 - there is a traffic jam even on 8 lane road.

best way to go forward is by developing people's transport.

roads should be made better but more important aspect should be to make public transport better, make people come out of their cars.

You cant just create a time machine and skip steps in progress. Walking before running. Roads are mass transit and have to be properly upgraded and maintained before any funds are thrown down the drain.

its not skipping -steps.

problem here is diffrence compared to 1940's america. better roads should be created by having multi level flyovers.

gurgon is doing all that with - new freeway, new radial roads, express roads, multi entry to city.

but the population is big - so they need more solution metro being one , new low floor buses second, now this new POD will be big boost.

its not skipping -steps.

problem here is diffrence compared to 1940's america. better roads should be created by having multi level flyovers.

gurgon is doing all that with - new freeway, new radial roads, express roads, multi entry to city.

but the population is big - so they need more solution metro being one , new low floor buses second, now this new POD will be big boost.

The freeway doesn't connect areas inside Guragon. The multiple entry/exit points again take you in or out of the city. The truth is if you have to travel inside the city, you are doomed. This POD thing is another money-making exercise for the politicians and the bureaucrats.

They' do better to just build good roads, clean up the jammed sewage-ways and ensure a minimum 20 hr of electricity.

I dont believe its going to be made soon. As many members said, first Hooda need to biuld roads (currently non existant) before spending money in such fancy stuff. I had lived in GGN, NOIDA and now living in GZB. Dont know much about Faridabad, but I can fairly say that UP govt have done much much better in developing NCR in a planned way. NOIDA is much better than GGN, wide roads, planned development with proper mix of commercial & residential areas, and master plan to develop NCR right upto Agra and Meerut already in implementation. GGN have to go a long way in terms of public infrastructure development. Only swanky commercial buildings are not enough to make it world class city.

I dont believe its going to be made soon. As many members said, first Hooda need to biuld roads (currently non existant) before spending money in such fancy stuff. I had lived in GGN, NOIDA and now living in GZB. Dont know much about Faridabad, but I can fairly say that UP govt have done much much better in developing NCR in a planned way. NOIDA is much better than GGN, wide roads, planned development with proper mix of commercial & residential areas, and master plan to develop NCR right upto Agra and Meerut already in implementation. GGN have to go a long way in terms of public infrastructure development. Only swanky commercial buildings are not enough to make it world class city.

Absolutely. Hope people singing undue praises of Gurgaon understand that you just cant judge a city by high rises. Basic civic amenities matter a lot.

We should invest in grade one infrastructure like concrete roads which can be sustained in long run. We should take into account the exponential growth of traffic instead of adressing the current situation only. In developing coutries like India there are no alternatives to mass transit like metro & mono rail.

We should invest in grade one infrastructure like concrete roads which can be sustained in long run. We should take into account the exponential growth of traffic instead of adressing the current situation only. In developing coutries like India there are no alternatives to mass transit like metro & mono rail.

There are a lot of "we should" to be done. Long term planning while developing infrastructure is non-existant here. We start making flyovers to cater for projected traffic figures for coming 50 years, take 5-6 years to complete it and withing 5-6 years, again reach at the same level, because the traffic had grown much quicker than projected.

Delhi metro is one of the better managed projects, it is more or less on time as far as implementation is concerned. quality is world class, every details being looked into for planning the routes, train frequency and all. But traffic projections?? already we face stampede like situations in Kashmiri gate, rajiv chowk and other major stations. what the hell???

And then, rather than looking for ways to correct these, politicians come up with such fanboy projects.

Are the elections coming up in haryana ???

You cant just create a time machine and skip steps in progress. Walking before running. Roads are mass transit and have to be properly upgraded and maintained before any funds are thrown down the drain.

1. Nobody disagreed that roads shouldn't be invested in.

2. Money isn't being thrown down the drain. It's called investment. Try it. it's a wise thing to do.

Regards.
Peace.:wave:

Back
Top Bottom