What's new

Gunmen target Shia community in Quetta, kill 12

As I said, Jundullah has been aided by the LeJ & the SSP for sectarian violence, & it is a Baloch nationalist movement as well. Baloch nationalists do not target only Punjabis, there is no tag on a person that says "I'm Punjabi", & "I'm non-Punjabi". Baloch nationalism is aimed at all non-Baloch ethnicities, & the government especially, who the Baloch nationals feel have "converted" Balochistan from a Baloch majority province, to a Pashtun majority one. The BLA/BLF are more secular than Jundullah of course. They target all non-Balochs equally without discrimination.

What you said was valid if Jundullah was fighting against the Pakistani state, which is not the case.Its fighting against the Iranians only and hence out of the equation.

BTW its a movement which is a Sunni org fighting against the Shia Iranians.And its composed of not only the Baloch but also others especially the SSP and LeJ recruits who are not Baloch.

But my rebuttal was for you callling the Baloch nationalists (like BLA, BNP, BRA) being responsible for this. That is not the case.

And no, again I have not heard the Baloch fighters targeting Sindhis or Pathans. They only hate the Punjabis viscerally. BTW there need not be any tag saying "I'm a Punjabi". But once you open your mouth the language acts like a tag.

Statistics from last year's Pakistan security report:

As many as 737 attacks— including 614 by nationalist insurgents, 105 militant, 12 sectarian and two communal

Fine where does it say the Nationalist insurgents were behind the sectarian violence ? getting confused ?

Assalam alaikum

A sad incident, why these ppl travel without protection and where the govt. of blochistan is, yaar yeh cm to nasha'i lagta hay

TARIQ

What you said was valid if Jundullah was fighting against the Pakistani state, which is not the case.

Jundullah is fighting both Iran & Pakistan for a separate Baloch state. It is only fighting harder in Iran because Iran is Shia majority, whereas Pakistan isn't. So there is that element of sectarianism as well, although it delves with their version of Baloch nationalism.

It was Pakistan that arrested Abdolmalek Rigi, the leader of Jundullah:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...lah-chief-abdolmalek-rigi-pakistans-help.html

Jundullah has been responsible for fighting against the Pakistan government as well, & details of their actions inside Pakistan against the government are mentioned in this article:

Asia Times Online :: South Asia news, business and economy from India and Pakistan

BTW its a movement which is a Sunni org fighting against the Shia Iranians.And its composed of not only the Baloch but also others.

Yes, but it is a Baloch nationalist movement as well.

But my rebuttal was for you callling the Baloch nationalists (like BLA, BNP, BRA) being responsible for this. That is not the case.

As I have shown you with the statistics, most attacks in Balochistan are by Baloch nationalists. But I agree that the BLA, BNP, BRA are more secular than Jundullah. Read the Dawn link below.

Fine where does it say the Nationalist insurgents were behind the sectarian violence ? getting confused ?

Read this article, you will understand that certain elements of Baloch nationalism are getting intermingled with sectarian ones, like the LeJ & the SSP; & not just against Punjabis.

Forced out of Quetta by ethnic violence | Provinces | DAWN.COM

Baloch nationalist condemns Punjabis’ killing:

http://www.pol-dev.com/?p=440

What you said was valid if Jundullah was fighting against the Pakistani state, which is not the case.Its fighting against the Iranians only and hence out of the equation.

BTW its a movement which is a Sunni org fighting against the Shia Iranians.And its composed of not only the Baloch but also others especially the SSP and LeJ recruits who are not Baloch.

And no, again I have not heard the Baloch fighters targeting Sindhis or Pathans. They only hate the Punjabis viscerally. BTW there need not be any tag saying "I'm a Punjabi". But once you open your mouth the language acts like a tag.

Let me quote you from the Pakistan Security Report 2010 (I can give you the link if you want):

Incidents of target killing of Punjabi and other non-Baloch settlers had first begun in Balochistan with the murder of Nawab Akbar Bugti in August 2006 and Mir Balach Marri in November 2007. Such killings have continued ever since. In 2010, however, not only was the number of such killings alarming, but their scope also spread to the districts of Noshki, Khuzdar, Mastung, Gwadar, Turbat and Kech.

Baloch insurgents and certain other groups generally targeted the poorer sections of society—such as barbers and tailors claiming that they were informers for intelligence agencies—or the more well-off Punjabi businessmen. On August 14, militants of Baloch Liberation Army (BLA) assassinated 16 ethnic Punjabis in two incidents of target killings in Bolan and Quetta districts. These incidents created further panic among the Punjabi settler community of Balochistan.

Even the Mastung killing of Hazaras a few days ago was in a Baloch populated area.

Pakistan protest over Iran hanging:

Abdolmalek Rigi was head of the Jundullah militant group.

It says that it is fighting for the rights of minority Sunni Muslims in Iran's Sistan-Baluchistan province.

Iranian authorities say the group is involved in dozens of deadly attacks, including one which killed 40 members of the Revolutionary Guard in 2009.

Iran says the group, which operates out of Pakistan's Balochistan province, has the support of Pakistani, US and British intelligence agencies.

"Abdolmalek Rigi's only fault was that he spoke for the rights of the Baloch," Abdul Wahab Baloch, who led the demonstration, told the BBC.

Mr Baloch is a leader of the Baloch National Front, an alliance fighting for the rights of the impoverished province.

He was speaking as demonstrators holding posters of Mr Rigi stood by, chanting anti-Iranian slogans.

Mr Baloch said that Mr Rigi was a Baloch hero.

"Jundullah is a Baloch nationalist organisation - it has wrongly been labelled a sectarian group," he said.

"It is fighting for the rights of the Baloch in Iran, which is a largely Shia country.

"That is why we have been called a Sunni group."

Mr Baloch said that Iran had used large-scale repression to crush the Baloch.

"At least 700 Baloch have been hanged in Iran during the last two years," he said.

"They include religious leaders, politicians and intellectuals."

He said his party was in touch with Jundullah and they planned to launch a united front in both Pakistan and Iran.

"We are fighting both Iran and Pakistan for our rights and control of our land," he added.

Nationalist groups in Pakistan have been a thorn in the side of the government for several years.

However, this is the first time they had expressed solidarity with secessionist groups in Iran.

BBC News - Pakistan protest over Iran hanging

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Please read this to get a better understanding of the Baloch conflict:

Editorial: How Much Support For Jundullah Is Too Much? | The Baloch Hal

So the Muslims have this shia - sunni issue. Hindus have caste systems where people from the same religion have different classes. And then we have Christians, some Roman Catholics and then protestants.

still people think that religion helps create unity!

RIP to dead

Provincial government still couldn't arrest terrorists of Mastung killing; if they moved their backs sincerely to protect people from any further terrorism then it was not happened.

They are moving freely and killing people with unknown agenda and with unknown support. Pakistan interior ministry is the sum of incompetent people.

this really needs to be dealt with promptly before it ingrains further into the society and becomes and other ideology problem.

So sad. What the government is doing there. They should ban travelling by bus without police protection and advise people to travel by train. I guess it is time to start running armored trains there for protection of people. These killers are supported from outside that is for sure. They kill, take responsibility and then nothing happens.

looks more sectarian than nationalist plus the jundullah have been famous for targeting the hazaras.

Last edited by a moderator:
The major chunk of Pakistan's 7 trillion dollar mineral reserves is in Baluchistan. The major chunk. No wonder the dark forces are trying to break away this province from Pakistan using their trusted friends in Pakistan against unity of this nation.

Back
Top Bottom