Gunmen target Shia community in Quetta, kill 12

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
GeoTV, 12 dead and many injured...

GeoTV, 12 dead and many injured...

RIP to the dead. May the terrorists rot in hell. Having an open border with Kandahar doesn't help either. Someone who has taken this route myself in the 90s towards Iran, I am nothing but distressed hearing this. It hurts too much. I hope the Shia people completely avoid this city for sometime, it is almost like asking for it, considering the volatile conditions of this border region. Sometimes I wonder if there is even a Baloch provincial government at all, considering the fact that Quetta is the provincial capital & the terrorists are freely operating in it.

Exactly how they did in Mastung...
The gunmen forced them to stand in a line and then opened fire, killing 12 people and wounding six others. It is unclear if those wounded were also Shia.

I am guessing the oncoming ambulances too will be targeted.

Its becoming almost like a daily occurence in Quetta.

These people should move towards more urban areas.

Dont Hazaras carry arms with them ?

Rest In Peace .. the dead innocent ones.

I know, that is why I drew the parallels, and mainly guessing that the killers are the same that struck late last month.

Balochistan is a victim of both secessionist (Baloch nationalism) & sectarian violence. Sometimes, it is a mixture of the two, such as Jundullah, which bases itself on Baloch nationalism violence as well as sectarian (supported through local organizations like SSP/LeJ). Then there is terrorism from the Taliban as well, in the Pashtun dominated areas close to the Afghan border, like Quetta & others. The top part of Balochistan is Pashtun dominated, whereas the South West & the rest of Balochistan is dominated by the Balochs. But still, the Baloch people are less than the number of Pashtuns in Balochistan, so certain Baloch nationalists have grievances against all non-Baloch people, including the Hazaras, who are easily noticeable because of their distinct Mongoloid features. The Hazaras are also overwhelmingly Shia, so it becomes hard sometimes distinguishing whether terrorism against them is sectarian, or based on ethnic violence. BLA/BLF, like Jundullah, tends to be more active in the South West of Balochistan which is sparsely populated as compared to the Pashtun dominated areas.

Iran isn't going to like this. They closed all border trading with Pakistan, after the last attack.

RIP.

RIP to the dead. May the terrorists rot in hell. Having an open border with Kandahar doesn't help either. Someone who has taken this route myself in the 90s towards Iran, I am nothing but distressed hearing this. It hurts too much. I hope the Shia people completely avoid this city for sometime, it is almost like asking for it, considering the volatile conditions of this border region. Sometimes I wonder if there is even a Baloch provincial government at all, considering the fact that Quetta is the provincial capital & the terrorists are freely operating in it.

This is not terrorism, this is act of sectarian violence.. There is difference btwn Terrorism, Communal riots, Maoists, Political violence and sectarian violence.

Don't Label "terrorism" According to ur convenience..

@topic: RIP dead, May ppl understand that Faith unites...

Not much different.. Terrorism is defined by methodology and not ideology..

I don't agree with you... Suppose I hate one particular religion, I went into their worship place and open fire, killing dozens. Will you call it insanity or terrorism???

This is not terrorism, this is act of sectarian hate..

It is sectarian terrorism, because the Hazaras are overwhelmingly Shia & easily recognizable with their Mongloid features. The border region with Afghanistan (Quetta) is also full of sectarian terrorism. But with the Hazaras, as well as other non-Baloch people, it can sometimes also be a case of Baloch nationalism, not sectarianism; but that occurs mostly outside the Pashtun belt of Balochistan.

Back
Top Bottom