What's new

Gujarat soon to have 7,000mw surplus power: Narendra Modi

Reaction score
Country
India
Gujarat soon to have 7,000mw surplus power: Narendra Modi

Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today said that the state would soon be having around 7,000mw of surplus power, and could help other power-starved states.

"We currently have 4,000mw of excess power and within a year or so we expect to have 7,000mw of surplus power that will help eradicate the darkness in the country," Modi said, addressing a gathering of women from public sector enterprises at Indian Institute of Management here.

"In 2001, when I came to power, the state was facing a shortfall of nearly 2,000mw. People used to come and request that there should be power supply at least during the dinner time.

"The situation has changed, from power deficit we are a power surplus state today," he said.

Modi noted that Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh had expressed concern over `the poor health of the power sector' (discoms) recently, but, despite all odds, Gujarat's electricity company was a profit making entity today, he said.

Gujarat soon to have 7,000mw surplus power: Narendra Modi - India - DNA

if others wont do, then let Namo create an Example ... Build a state tht ranks among the top echelons of global HDI and the country will follow suit. Kinda like Bihar.

But first we need BJP to win.

Gujarat should export its surplus power to Rajasthan and Maharashtra , Both have shortage of 2000-3000 MW
Remaining surplus power could be exported to Pakistan

Gujarat should export its surplus power to Rajasthan and Maharashtra , Both have shortage of 2000-3000 MW
Remaining surplus power could be exported to Pakistan

i read somewere that gujrat will sale the power in future actually i live in gujrat and lets say from last few years there aint any power cuts .. namo is doing excelant ..really hats of to this guy :welcome:

if others wont do, then let Namo create an Example ... Build a state tht ranks among the top echelons of global HDI and the country will follow suit. Kinda like Bihar.

But first we need BJP to win.

Gujrat HDI is not really is of world standard, neither has it changed much since 1990s.

wcdnicinpublicationgdig.jpg

Anyway I'm not sure if it's official or speculation, however according Central Electric Authority report following states will be power surplus after 2012.

A CEA report dated April 2010 ('Power Scenario at a Glance') says that Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Delhi, West Bengal, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram are the eight states likely to have surplus power at the end of the XI Five Year Plan.

At the end of 2012, Delhi (peak surplus: 2,023 megawatts (MW), energy surplus: 23,344 million units (MUs); Sikkim (peak surplus: 1,214MW, energy surplus: 3,137 MUs); Uttarakhand (peak surplus: 772MW, energy surplus: 4,344 MUs) and Himachal Pradesh (peak surplus: 1,472MW, energy surplus: 4,609 MUs) are the States which will have significant surplus power.

http://www.moneylife.in/article/8/6418.html

TN in coma from 8+ hrs of powercuts but here gujarath has 7000Mw surplus power - i dont know how he did it maybe modi has some supernatural powers or something - this guy is unstoppable :woot:

I'm perplexed.

I recently toured Gujarat and I spoke to many autorickshaw drivers in many cities and trust me, apart from one, they all were singing praises for Modi.

One guy even said, "Hamare liye to Modi bhagwan hai.".

This was what I personally experienced.

Something doesn't seem right somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom