What's new

Growing up in Pakistan in the 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.

53fd

New Recruit

Reaction score
You know you grew up in Pakistan in the 90’s when:

• When you watched The Jetsons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Captain Planet on STN.

• You played “Kings” in school (the game where the first person to yell “Kings” would try to step on someone’s foot. Then that person would try to step on someone else’s foot and so forth).

• You played Dark Room, Tilo-Express, Oonch Neech, Chor-Sipahi and Chupan Chupai.

• You decided conflicts not by rock-paper-scissors, but by Pugan-Pugaai, In Pin Safety Pin, or Akar-Bakar-Bambay-Bo.

• 5 words: Yassoo-Panjoo-Haar-Kabootar-Doli.

• Anyone owning a real Barbie or Hot Wheels was a source of envy and admiration.

• “Bil Patori naasa chori aadhi mithi aadhi kori I’m sorry I’m sorry” means something to you. As do “ZAAAAAYYYMEEENAAAA!!!” and “Mein kon hoon, mein kya karoon, mein kiss ko khaaon” and “Ulloo ulloo hello, ulloo ulloo hello.”

• You drank Frost juice with Super Crisp chips. And then when you were done, you’d chuck the juice box on the floor and jump on it to burst it.

• "Idiot," "Shut Up" or "Badtameez" was your first cuss word.

• There was never a line at the canteen. Instead everyone drove the canteen wala mad by screaming at the top of their lungs.

• You had to ask “Ma’am/Miss may I come in” before entering a class, and you had to stand up to answer questions during a lesson.

• You played Sega-Mega Drive, Atari and Super Nintendo.

• You played Mario Brothers like there was no tomorrow.

• You remember the Nintendo game where you had to shoot ducks with an actual gun-shaped joystick and thought it was the most amazing thing ever.

• Your life was never the same again when your first Windows 95 was set up in your house.

• Walls wasn't as good as the Challi Walla

• You had "kutti" (pinkie finger) with your enemies and "sulli" (index+middle finger) with your friends.

• The coolest clapping games were "Cham Cham Cham," "O Pillar," "Zig Zag Zoo."

^^ posted esrlier aswell in this subforum

what about thunder cats and miami vice and A-team?:hang2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom