What's new

Grand port food street opened in Karachi today!

Dance

Reaction score
KARACHI—Governor Sindh Dr Ishrat ul Ebad and Federal Minister for Ports and Shipping Babar Khan Ghouri will jointly inaugurate the much awaited Port Grand food and entertainment complex today ( Saturday). Port Grand Project is a food, shopping and entertainment complex which has been built with over Rs. 1 billion investment by Grand Leisure Corporation. Port Grand project is a 13-acre world-class facility that has been designed and built in collaboration with top international architects/designers who employed the latest technology and building techniques to deliver a state of the art facility. About 40 outlets are being made operational at this stage while more outlets would be opened soon. The entry fee for the Port Grand would be Rs. 300 per person out of which Rs. 200 would be redeemable at different food outlets and shops inside the project.

The native jetty bridge has been entirely rebuilt to ensure a world-class tourist destination and a source of pride for Karachites that would ultimately attract millions of people from all over the country and beyond. Visitors would come to Port Grand not only for food and entertainment but for over a hundred different concepts at port grand that includes free wifi, port bazaar, bookstore, florist, Art lane, gift and antiques etc.

Parking for over eight hundred cars with complimentary valet service, and pristine public restrooms and Plenty of Pedestrian friendly walkways are additional attractions at the project. The few trees that existed on the site, have been preserved and replanted. The 150 years old Banyan tree has been treated with greet care making its home for an iconic tavern known as the Napier’s tavern that sits at the edge of the Napier Mole Bridge. GLC has installed a special irrigation system in the tree to give it an even longer life. Port Grand is also one of the first projects in the City that has been dedicated to building an open eco-friendly/ green environment, with special focus on urban regeneration. Port Grand is going to be a model for lot of good to be followed in the city.—NNI

Ebad to Inaugurate Port Grand Project today

You may not believe but i read "tourist attraction" as "terrorist attraction" because that is what the mind all think about with word "T" now a days!

or yahan lahore mein taklay ganjo ne band kerwa di, just because it was initiated in mush era...

chalo ji acha hu ab lahoris karachi ayain ge food ke liye :D :yahoo:

waise, for vagabond like me, no problem, it might occur to me any time of the day that I must go and taste food street in Karachi, and I will be kicking off the very night for Karachi... we do go to gujranwala just for "chiray" and sometimes for Desi Nashta as well... food street there is also not bad...

but no match with this one in Karachi, simply awesome !!

I didn't know it was Asia's biggest food street

Last edited by a moderator:
I will definitely go there if visit Karachi later this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistani grill food is the best in subcontinent, especially kabab items. In USA, if I go out eat Desi food then I go to Pakistani restaurant to enjoy some lamb chops and kabab items. :P :bounce:

yar only if could add the pakistani atmosphere, Im sure you would be loving every second of it.

Back
Top Bottom