What's new

GPS Used by Pak Armed Forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saquib

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a thought - Which country's GPS system is used by PAF, Army and Navy or is it Pkistan's GPS?

Isn't China developing its own Global Positioning System ?

Most probably American GPS.

I read some where that they are using GPS, Glonass. Beidou will probably going to replace them.

Its based on the AMERICAN GPS navigation system only.

May be Magellin or Garmin

Its based on the AMERICAN GPS navigation system only.

I doubt that . JF-17 have operational support for Glonass and to some extend Beidu.

Only the western equipment use American GPS.

May be Magellin or Garmin

I think these companies doesnot provide with military class GPS signal. For that ,I think they need to ask permission from US of A .

I doubt that . JF-17 have operational support for Glonass and to some extend Beidu.

Only the western equipment use American GPS.

All equipment supports GPS, only Russian equipment supports GLONASS. And given that JF-17 is devoid of Russian avionics, it's highly unlikely that it supports GLONASS.

All equipment supports GPS, only Russian equipment supports GLONASS. And given that JF-17 is devoid of Russian avionics, it's highly unlikely that it supports GLONASS.

JF-17 supports GLONASS as backup Navigation . I have read it in the pic from some air show , i will try to find it and post it here.

Civilian grade GLONASS is available to anyone for free who can make a simple reciever... You don't have to be a Russian to use it.

Hi,

You can create your own GPS. All you need is a simple GPS receiving module and proper software in it to compute the coordinates from the data that is beamed by the satellites.

Anyone can do that.

Civilian grade GLONASS is available to anyone for free who can make a simple reciever... You don't have to be a Russian to use it.

Hi,

You can create your own GPS. All you need is a simple GPS receiving module and proper software in it to compute the coordinates from the data that is beamed by the satellites.

Anyone can do that.

I guess these system doesnt use free service , they use Military grade GPS or GLONASS signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom