What's new

Going green: Honda launches its first hybrid car in Pakistan

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
647974-hondacrzhybridexteriorside-1387491251-971-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: Honda Atlas Cars Pakistan Limited has launched its first hybrid car in Pakistan, the Honda sports hybrid CR-Z.

The two-door coupe will appeal to the younger market, which wants a green car with a bit of pizzazz, said Honda officials at the launch ceremony.

CR-Z offers three drive modes: Sport, Normal and Economy. Sport mode enhances the car’s performance, while Economy mode maximises fuel economy.

Explaining the product, Honda Pakistan General Manager Sales and Marketing Ayaz Hafeez said the CR-Z is powered by a 1.5-litre iVtec engine with Honda’s integrated motor assist (IMA) hybrid electric system.

The system delivers a combined peak output of 134 horsepower at 6,600 revolutions per minute (rpm) with a plus sport system. The S+ button on the steering wheel can be used to deliver increased acceleration.

Speaking on the occasion, Honda Atlas Pakistan President and Chief Executive Officer Takehari Aoki said CR-Z is an ideal balance of technology, performance and design and it will give the ultimate driving experience to Pakistani car-enthusiasts.

“It is an ideal car for those who recognise the value of advanced technology, for those who desire an eye-catching car while caring for the environment,” he said.

“As part of our commitment to provide the best ownership experience and peace of mind to our customers, we are launching this first sports hybrid covered under warranty by Honda Atlas Cars,” he said.

Going green: Honda launches its first hybrid car in Pakistan – The Express Tribune

I wonder about the price tag.

But great initiative.

How much is it? Must be more than 50 lakh. I m just surprised at the prices these Pakistani auto makers demand. Too exorbitant and actually more expensive than same car in Canada.

Also, if you look at quality here and quality in Pakistan, there is a big difference.

I looked at Honda Pakistan website the other day and the price of Accord there is Rs. 1 crore! Thats like $100,000. The fully loaded Honda Accord here is $35,000. For 100K, you can buy here a high end BMW 5 series.

Anyway, this hybrid technology is very expensive to maintain. I dont know about Pakistan as there are many upstarts there who just want to showoff their money, the consumer here is very mature and tell you the truth, hybrid is not very popular here at its very expensive in parts and maintenance.

Mostly for urban burger eaters. For a saag eating paindoo like me, a four wheel drive cuts it.

Both the Insight and the CR-Z are pathetic little cars with poor performance and value.

Both the Insight and the CR-Z are pathetic little cars with poor performance and value.

Yes they are but cars like Insight is good for everyday drive. They are not some luxury or high performance cars. These hybrids saves alot of $$ on gas. Insight gives you 46miles/g whereas Accord gives you 32miles/g.

Yes they are but cars like Insight is good for everyday drive. They are not some luxury or high performance cars. These hybrids saves alot of $$ on gas. Insight gives you 46miles/g whereas Accord gives you 32miles/g.

The Insight is not an Accord class car, and gives mileage similar to the ordinary Corolla with no benefit of the added cost and technology, whereas the Prius is much better at nearly 50 mpg.

How much is it? Must be more than 50 lakh. I m just surprised at the prices these Pakistani auto makers demand. Too exorbitant and actually more expensive than same car in Canada.

Also, if you look at quality here and quality in Pakistan, there is a big difference.

I looked at Honda Pakistan website the other day and the price of Accord there is Rs. 1 crore! Thats like $100,000. The fully loaded Honda Accord here is $35,000. For 100K, you can buy here a high end BMW 5 series.

Anyway, this hybrid technology is very expensive to maintain. I dont know about Pakistan as there are many upstarts there who just want to showoff their money, the consumer here is very mature and tell you the truth, hybrid is not very popular here at its very expensive in parts and maintenance.

It is not that the Cars Cost more in Pakistan because the Auto makers are demanding a higher Price. The Price tag goes up because of 400% Custom Import duty of Autos or Parts including engines even if Assembled in Pakistan.

That is what creates the price differential between the price of same car between North America and Pakistan on Japanese Auto

Price is around 33 lac. pkr, only 2 seater thats bad.

Back
Top Bottom