What's new

GMR fallout? Visa now must for Maldivian medical tourists

India is better off without the Islamist scum of Maldives. India should also kick out Maldivians studying in India Islamic centres around the country. The real reason why India has been soft on Maldives is because Maldives is Islamic country and congress doesn't want to alienate its Muslim vote bank.

This is a great opportunity for Sri Lanka to further develop its close relationship with the Maldives, and for other countries, including China, to do the same. The Maldives maybe a small country, but the Maldivians are a proud people. They do not deserve to be the victims of Indian bullying and high handedness.

whats bullying here??do u accept foreigners with out visas????

This is a great opportunity for Sri Lanka to further develop its close relationship with the Maldives, and for other countries, including China, to do the same. The Maldives maybe a small country, but the Maldivians are a proud people. They do not deserve to be the victims of Indian bullying and high handedness.

yea proud enuf to go n sit right in the chinese lap and become their puppet.GOI has for a long time been very soft towards them.time to teach them some manners

Not a wise move. Mend the damage through diplomacy... not through retaliation! Tit for tat actions will widen the gap & will allow opportunists to take advantage of the hostile situation!!

Using medical patients held hostage with indian visa regime highlights india as a total bully. This is the new low for india and dismal dispaly of a responsible and civilized policy.

Using medical patients held hostage with indian visa regime highlights india as a total bully. This is the new low for india and dismal dispaly of a responsible and civilized policy.

You're one to talk...!!!Pray tell me how you have arrived at this brilliant deduction ??

Well , I do think we are being jerks in this case. Many of these patients probably suffer from life threatening injuries or complicated cases , which is why they are willing to come to hospitals here. Visas should be made much harder for Maldivian students and tourists , not for medical tourists who just want to get treatment done and go back. Visa free access should be allowed in case of medical conditions.

Well , I do think we are being jerks in this case. Many of these patients probably suffer from life threatening injuries or complicated cases , which is why they are willing to come to hospitals here. Visas should be made much harder for Maldivian students and tourists , not for medical tourists who just want to get treatment done and go back. Visa free access should be allowed in case of medical conditions.

people should step back and see who started the fight. Who is throwing the tantrums?? Govt. is dead broke to even pay its own employees, how the hell will they compensate GMR. I say tighten the screws even further. I say freeze the 25 million dollar aid we promised them. We should use our connections to destabilize this illegitimate regime and force them to conduct elections.

Good move.You just cannot harm an Indian company there by India's interest, and have everything same has before. Hope India will have the same attitude while dealing with other larger powers.

India didn't say that it will not allow patients from Maldives, now the patients require a medical visa.

Sri Lanka has a lot better health care system.But Colombo is bit expensive than Indian cities and hospitals won`t be any different.And Maldivians are the only people who get on arrival visa to Sri lanka

Sri Lanka has a lot better health care system.But Colombo is bit expensive than Indian cities and hospitals won`t be any different.And Maldivians are the only people who get on arrival visa to Sri lanka
LOL.. you have to go to chennai ariport to see hordes of sri lankan medical tourists who think otherwise.

They could certainly go to Bangladesh for treatment. you can treat your muslim brothers for free.

yeah the same proud people who were to fanatic even to let buddhist idols exist in their speck of a country.

Rofl......i'll not even talk about New Delhi and Mumbai even Chennai is more expensive and enjoyable city than Colombo . Wonder why lankans dont follow your ideology and wait days and night for their turn to get admission in an Indian hospital .

lol Chennai is expensive than COlombo ? I doubt u ever been to Sri Lanka..I am new so i can`t post any links here yet but anyone who has been to both India and Sri Lanka know what i m talking about..Colombo is more expenisve than ANY indian city including MUMBAI..And 100 times cleaner , have better roads , Have 10 times better living conditions (Colombo has the highest gdp per capita($6800 - 2011) for a South Asian city and 4 times that of mumbai,lol)..Sri Lanka is miles ahead of India in education system (98% literacy rate-those who go to india to do med only go there bcz SL pvrt med schools are more expensive and Eurpe is obviously too expensie for an average SLn..same with medical - tourists if any goes there !! ) , have far better Human development compared to whole of South Asia(0.751) , have far better health care system (lot higher life expectancy - 77yrs, under 5 infant mortality rate) , and an average Lankan earn 2.5 times more money than an Indian (GDP per capita 2012 - $3300 , purchasing power - $7000 compared to 1400 odd in India).I ve been to india and i felt colombo is Sweden compared to Delhi !..Nothing suprising as 38% of Indians live under $1 per day compared to 6% under $1.2 poverty line in Sri Lanka !! India is all about quantity..No quality !!

Back
Top Bottom