What's new

Gaziantep Patriot Batteries

atatwolf

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
We all know these batteries were placed to protect Incirlik American base, and not the population there. Everybody with a brain knows this. In case Syria launches missiles at Turkey and Patriot missiles shoot those Syrian missiles down in the air. If those missiles carry chemical head, this will rain down upon the people of Gaziantep. Why doesn't the government distribute masks in that area? It is very possible that Syria might do something weird at the end of his reign.

That would be suicide for Assad,i dont think he would take that risk.

But what if he has nothing to loose? I think he will come to a point where he has nothing to loose
There is much to loose,he cant use that option no matter what.
Such dictators can only use it on their own people.
If he was going to do something,he would have allready used it on Israel(biggest enemy).
After all Israel bombed Syria(Hezbullah arms shipments).
We never know but,i dont think so.

What a bs topic. Patriot missiles hits ballistic missiles in ther thermanal stage. When a Ballistic missile enters the atmosfer to hit the target and not somewhere in the space.

A cruise missile, jetfighter and other flying objects is not a problem for the system. We dont have THAAD missile system ore aegis.

Ever heard of Scud missiles?
Btw the patriots are only there against Iran.

I think atawolf's suggestion has some merit in it. Whenever there's a political crisis Israeli government distributes gas masks for their population. We should step up to do the same.

Hollandali Turkler burda ne mal ya. Soru sordum birsekil cevaplar, bullshitler, avirlar tavirlar..

Ben bunu soylemiyorum, eski komutan bu soruyu kac hafta once sormustu gaz maskeleri niye halka verilmiyor diye.

Why do Patriot crew have gas masks? I heard Patriot can only shoot 20 km, so when Syria shoots a missile with chemical payload, it will fall onto Turkey and above Gaziantep people.

I think atawolf's suggestion has some merit in it. Whenever there's a political crisis Israeli government distributes gas masks for their population. We should step up to do the same.

Besides its small population and size, Israel is dealing with much more serious threats than us. But yeah, it would have been nice if they done that.

By the way, is it possible to set the impact location with Patriots in order to control fallout?

Oh didn't you know, gas mask sales are booming in Turkey? Not because of Syria but because of the excessive usage of tear gas in peaceful demonstrations. So don't worry about that, Erdogan has that covered the one way or the other.

Hollandali Turkler burda ne mal ya. Soru sordum birsekil cevaplar, bullshitler, avirlar tavirlar..

Ben bunu soylemiyorum, eski komutan bu soruyu kac hafta once sormustu gaz maskeleri niye halka verilmiyor diye.

Why do Patriot crew have gas masks? I heard Patriot can only shoot 20 km, so when Syria shoots a missile with chemical payload, it will fall onto Turkey and above Gaziantep people.

O zaman bu eski komutan meslegini bilmiyor ve anlamiyor.

Go think why have the operators of patriot unit a mask. Go and think come with rational answer.

can somebody show the distance between Gaziantep and Incirlik please?

Not to sound offensive or anything but I can't believe this is even being discussed. Israel distributes gas masks in order to gain political support and create a crisis environment. When have you ever seen Turks afraid that some idiot Arab dictator is going to kill them in the masses?

Oh didn't you know, gas mask sales are booming in Turkey? Not because of Syria but because of the excessive usage of tear gas in peaceful demonstrations. So don't worry about that, Erdogan has that covered the one way or the other.
Those are probably industrial gas masks they don't have the filtering against chemical weapons.

Military gas masks must be replaced once in every five year or so. Filters get outdated.
Not to sound offensive or anything but I can't believe this is even being discussed. Israel distributes gas masks in order to gain political support and create a crisis environment. When have you ever seen Turks afraid that some idiot Arab dictator is going to kill them in the masses?
This isn't offensive, this is moronic. The fact that people aren't afraid doesn't change the fact that the state is under obligation to protect them from such events that may occur in the future. I don't care which side's doing what but we can't stay irrelevant to the reports of chemical attacks coming from Syria.
Besides its small population and size, Israel is dealing with much more serious threats than us. But yeah, it would have been nice if they done that.

By the way, is it possible to set the impact location with Patriots in order to control fallout?
Probably, but depends on how fast we can detect such a threat. AN-TPY 2 stationed in Kürecik could be of some use, B737 Peace Eagle could be of even more use. Doing radar sweeps with F16s isn't practical.

Back
Top Bottom