What's new

Gardner: 2016 World Machine Tool Survey (Data & Ranking by Country)

Shotgunner51

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
China
2016 WMTS Report-01.jpg

This is the 51st edition of an independent annual survey that collects statistics from machine tool consuming and producing countries and compares them in real U.S. dollars. It is conducted through the research department of Gardner Business Media, Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio USA, by Steve Kline, director of market intelligence, and Nancy Eigel-Miller, research manager. Data for this report comes from research conducted by Gardner Business Media, the publisher of this magazine.

As home to world's largest industrial base, China Mainland continues to be world's #1 largest consumer of machine tools by a huge margin, even more than the next five nations combined. Taiwan ranks #9.

2.png

In recent years China Mainland has already overtaken traditional machine tool powerhouses like Japan, Germany, and emerges as the #1 largest producer. Taiwan ranks #7 as producer, and #3 as net exporter after Japan, Germany.

3.png

Read the full report at: http://www.gardnerweb.com/cdn/cms/2016 WMTS Report.pdf

Last edited:
Global and China CNC Machine Tool Report, 2016-2020
PR Newswire December 15, 2016

SHL-CNC-Machining-Gantry-Type-CNC-Machine.jpg

LONDON, Dec. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ As a key role in manufacturing, CNC machine tools have been emphasized by developed countries. China's CNC machine tools occupied about 30% in 2015, which indicates a gap with Germany which is beyond 70%, while Japan achieves over 90%. Nevertheless, China's CNC machine tool industry has seen a number of highlights since 2015.
  1. Fast-growing demand from electronics industry stimulates a surge in the demand for 3C-use CNC machine tools.
  2. China achieves a breakthrough in aerospace-use five-axis linkage CNC machine tools, and even exports such products overseas.
  3. Made in China 2025 catalogues high-end CNC machine tools as one of ten key strategic areas, and Industry 4.0 further boosts the development of the industry.
With the above incentives, Chinese CNC machine tools, especially high-end and intelligent ones, will usher in rapid development in future.

CNC systems are the key components of CNC machine tools. Currently, Chinese enterprises represented by Wuhan Huazhong Numerical Control, GSK, Shenyang Machine Tool, Dalian GONA and the like can produce economical and mid-range CNC systems, but they lose out in the high-end CNC system market to Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Yamazaki Mazak, Siemens, DMG and other Japanese or German counterparts. According to the plan, the localization rate of Chinese mid-range and high-end CNC systems will exceed 60% and 20% respectively by 2020.

At present, China's CNC machine tool industry has entered a critical period of transformation and upgrading.
  • Shenyang Machine Tool Co., Ltd. enforced "i5" strategy in 2014 to build a new model of intelligent factory. In 2015, despite the traditional metalworking machine tool market downturn, over 5,000 i5 intelligent machine tools were ordered, of which over 3,000 ones were delivered actually. The company plans to build 30 smart factories, and strives to produce and sell 20,000 i5 intelligent machine tools in the country in 2016.
  • Dalian Machine Tool Group Corporation has enhanced the supply of high-precision efficient products and expanded Russia, Pakistan and other overseas markets radically in recent years. At the same time, it has erected incubators in Pearl River Delta and Yangtze River Delta, as well as overseas service centers in India, Russia, Mexico and other countries, in a bid to gradually improve global competitiveness. In the next five years (2016-2020), the company's goals will be global layout, intelligent products, diversified marketing, industry & academy combination and public management.
  • Qinchuan Machine Tool & Tool Group Co., Ltd. has proposed "three 1/3" strategic concepts (host machines, key components and modern manufacturing services) in recent years. In 2015, the company and Shanghai Bosch Rexroth Hydraulic & Automation Ltd. signed a strategic agreement on strengthening the cooperation in CNC systems, gear boxes and industrial robotics reducer.
  • Wuhan Huazhong Numerical Control Co., Ltd implements "one core and two subjects" strategy around Made in China 2025. The core is CNC system technologies, and the subjects refer to CNC machine tools and industrial robots. In 2015, the company acquired Jiangsu Jinming's expanding robots and system integration. In May 2016, the company invested RMB200 million in establishing Wuhan Intelligent Control Industrial Technology Institute Co., Ltd. with Wuhan Airport Economic Zone Construction Investment And Development Co., Ltd. jointly to intensify its supporting capacity in the field of new energy vehicles.
Global and China CNC Machine Tool Industry Report, 2016-2020 mainly deals with the following:
  • Market supply & demand, import & export, and competitive landscape of the global and China machine tool industry;
  • Global situation of CNC machine tools, and development of CNC machine tools in major countries;
  • Supply & demand, import & export, key enterprises and development trends of China machine tool industry;
  • Status quo and key enterprises of the core CNC machine tool component market (including CNC systems, servo systems and the like);
  • Automotive, aerospace, rail transit, electronic information and other downstream markets as well as their CNC machine tool applications;
  • Operation and business in China of 12 key global companies;
  • Operation, revenue structure and development strategies of 19 key Chinese enterprises.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4126834/

To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-machine-tool-report-2016-2020-300378455.html

Last edited:
Quite interersting that Germany with a population of 82 m consumes almost as much as the USA with almost 4x the population. Deindustrialisation in the USA has progressed to a crazy level.

Also interesting is the fact that both, Germany and Japan produce more machines than both consume, while China, although the biggest producer, has a negative balance sheet. I bet, a lot of those consumed machines were either imported from Japan or Germany. :)

Deindustrialisation in the USA has progressed to a crazy level.

Since beginning of this decade, non-U.S. produced models already made up 64% of five-axis simultaneous control machine tool models in the inventory of U.S. government contractors (e.g. defence contractors), in other words, the so-called "hi-tech" US industry (say defence) relies heavily on foreign hi-tech machine tools for production. No wonder why US firms perform so poorly in UN patent reports (WIPO 2016) but still claim "hi-tech".

Yes, in upstream sectors like machine tool, especially on CNC five-axis and above, high precision (below 3-micron or even sub-micron), US industries are indeed tiny and fast becoming irrelevant, if not already are. But deindustrialisation doesn't matter, they export expensive fiat papers, so they can always import everything else.

http://www.manufacturingnews.com/news/10/0305/fiveaxis.html
https://defence.pk/threads/three-waves-of-industrialization.357870/page-2#post-6754367

Germany and Japan produce more machines than both consume

Correct. Top net exporters of machine tools ($ million) are
  1. Japan (7,685.0)
  2. Germany (6,061.2)
  3. Taiwan (2,466.0)
  4. Italy (2,170.2)
  5. Switzerland (2,014.8)
  6. South Korea (935.0)
China, although the biggest producer, has a negative balance sheet. I bet, a lot of those consumed machines were either imported from Japan or Germany.

Correct, though being #1 largest producer, China is also a net importer (and #1 largest). You bet right, most imports are indeed from Japan or Germany, say Fanuc (JP), Mitsubishi (JP), Yamazaki Mazak (JP), Siemens (DE), DMG (DE).

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!

Last edited:
Quite interersting that Germany with a population of 82 m consumes almost as much as the USA with almost 4x the population. Deindustrialisation in the USA has progressed to a crazy level.

Also interesting is the fact that both, Germany and Japan produce more machines than both consume, while China, although the biggest producer, has a negative balance sheet. I bet, a lot of those consumed machines were either imported from Japan or Germany. :)
China is still importing large numbers of foreign CNC.

I believe even though we can make 5 axis machines, the micron level precision ones for specific applications are still imported.

Correct. Top net exporters of machine tools ($ million) are
  1. Japan (7,685.0)
  2. Germany (6,061.2)
  3. Taiwan (2,466.0)
  4. Italy (2,170.2)
  5. Switzerland (2,014.8)
  6. South Korea (935.0)
Switzerland and Taiwan are big surprises.
My country isnt doing bad either.

• 【报告名称】:China CNC Machine Tool Industry Report, 2009
  • 【关 键 字】:Development of China CNC Machine Tool Industry Investment Opportunities and Risks
  • 【出版日期】:2010年1月
  • 【报告格式】:PDF电子版或纸介版
  • 【交付方式】:Email发送或EMS快递
  • 【报告编码】:S
  • 【订购热线】:400-666-1917(免长话费)

【Report Name】:China CNC Machine Tool Industry Report, 2009
【Published】:Jan/ 2010

Output of CNC Machine Tools in China, 2000-2009
2010126114850734.gif

Output of CNC Machine Tools in China by Region, 2009
2010126114850580.gif

China CNC Output.png

China is still importing large numbers of foreign CNC.

CNC is like a mother f****r of all the machines!

Like I've said before, breaking monopoly in traditional industries is extremely hard.
We can easily break such monopoly in graphene products and optic fibre.
But in terms of traditional industrial sectors, we have to spend more time and invest more money.

https://defence.pk/threads/robot-theme-wedding.445479/

20:30-30:00 Machine tools: from traditional to numerical-controlled
The lack of high-end machine tools was the pain of Chinese industry.
China has just exported the first high-end machine tool with indigenous numerical control system to Germany (2013).

Expert: It's the lifetime motivation for me and my mentor to develop our indigenous numerical control system. My mentor failed in his lifetime, but I will never give up.

Yes, Taiwan and Switzerland have vibrant machine tool industries to an extent they become major exporters. The two are among only handful of nations that successfully venture into sub-micron level after Japan and Germany.

3.png

Yes Turkey is doing very well, production value ahead of several others in the region like France, Russia and Netherlands. In fact I found similar pattern when I check Industrial Design - a WIPO indicator - Turkey ranks #6 globally. These indicators all show Turkey has an industrialization degree ahead of most peers in her region.

Like I've said before, breaking monopoly in traditional industries is extremely hard.
We can easily break such monopoly in graphene products and optic fibre.
But in terms of traditional industrial sectors, we have to spend more time and invest more money.

https://defence.pk/threads/robot-theme-wedding.445479/

20:30-30:00 Machine tools: from traditional to numerical-controlled
The lack of high-end machine tools was the pain of Chinese industry.
China has just exported the first high-end machine tool with indigenous numerical control system to Germany (2013).

Expert: It's the lifetime motivation for me and my mentor to develop our indigenous numerical control system. My mentor failed in his lifetime, but I will never give up.

Many Chinese companies already make great breakthrough.
But we still need some time to build our reputation in this field.

Not bad at all, you have more production than a 1 billion population country with supreme demographic dividend.

But we still need some time to build our reputation in this field.
Yes, the video also told the story how domestic buyers were convinced of made-in-China CNC.
It takes some time to build reputation.

That's true. CNC is critical to industrialization and economy, even national security, remember the 1987 Toshiba-USSR incident?
http://www.nytimes.com/1988/03/23/business/japan-fines-toshiba-unit-for-sales-to-soviet.html
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/06/19/business/more-toshiba-tools-said-to-reach-soviet.html
  • Fast-growing demand from electronics industry stimulates a surge in the demand for 3C-use CNC machine tools.
  • China achieves a breakthrough in aerospace-use five-axis linkage CNC machine tools, and even exports such products overseas.
  • Made in China 2025 catalogues high-end CNC machine tools as one of ten key strategic areas, and Industry 4.0 further boosts the development of the industry.

Under the Wassenaar Arrangement (successor of CoCom), China wouldn't be able to import those high-precision five-axis linkage CNC machine tools from Japan nor Germany, that's why the recent technological breakthrough is of paramount importance. And that's why "Made in China" initiative and associated actions plans are critical not just to national economy, but also national security.

Last edited:
i5智能机床打造企业和地区新兴竞争力(组图):yahoo:

发表时间:2016-11-09 16:44来源:羊城晚报 字体:[大][中][小] [打印] [关闭]

135817299_14786805228961n.jpg

i5智能机床

135817299_14786805229321n.jpg

工业发展创意图

135817299_14786805229351n.jpg

沈阳机床数控产业园区

135817299_14786805229381n.jpg

深圳某i5智能机床用户生产现场

135817299_14786805229411n.jpg

沈阳机床为佛山日和汽车零件有限公司定制的i5智能机床

当前,以德国工业4.0、美国第三次工业革命、中国制造2025为代表的世界新一轮产业创新正在加速推进,中国企业此次与世界企业处于同一起跑线上。作为中国机床行业的知名企业,沈阳机床去年全球首发基于互联网的智能终端“i5系列智能机床”,被德国工业4.0专家和企业代表认为,沈阳机床的实践为他们提供可资借鉴的路径。今年以来,沈阳机床i5智能机床也进入爆发增长的态势,珠三角区域企业用户和政府均给予很高评价,极大契合了网络化的智能制造工业发展战略。

“沈阳机床配置了 i5智能数控系统的i5智能机床跟国外知名企业品牌比,不但智能系统可以自动随时升级,而且通过系统自身参数调整还可以优化零件加工的程序,达到工艺优化。”深圳某手机壳类产品生产企业的老板张旭介绍说。

他是做手机配套加工的,以前加工新零件,先画出设计图,然后编程,再输入机床,每道程序要不同的专业技术人员操作。2015年1月,从沈阳机床订购了30台i5智能机床产品,这下不一样了,只要把设计图用U盘插入机床,编程、输入全部自动完成,比进口的名牌机床还方便简捷,加工精度、稳定性也是呱呱叫。张旭说,沈阳机床的技术人员还允诺,用不了很长时间,i5智能机床就可实现在线连接,U盘都不用了,这点他也很期待。

i5的界面便于操作,这点让用户操作工最满意。i5系统界面是一块7寸的超大“汉化”界面,而且具有一键直达功能。从主界面直接点击进入,然后选择相应功能,两步即可。换做国外的系统,至少要四步以上,还都是英文界面。用户的操作工李师傅说:“i5智能机床直观、简洁,操作上比其它品牌产品都方便,还有智能报警系统,用这种智能床子干活十分轻松。

“i5”,改变世界生产方式,率先打造智能工厂、在线制造“十一”前,广州地区一家合资企业负责人来到沈阳机床在沈阳的数控机床园区。此前,这家企业已经购置了2台沈阳机床出品的i5智能机床。这次来,他寻求更多更深层次的合作。2015年初以来,广东地区已有几十家企业先后购置了2000余台i5智能机床,单一企业购置数量正由几十台向几百台和上千台迈进。有相当多的企业在购买机床设备后,与沈阳机床合作在企业建设“智能工厂”。东莞、江门诸市领导纷来沈阳机床,商讨建设高端智能制造基地事宜。

转型智能制造风潮在东南沿海正呼啦啦地刮起来,这种背景下,当地企业和政府把目光开始投向沈阳机床。近年来,沈阳机床在机床核心技术突破后,又在商业模式上进行积极探索,深度契合了东南沿海产业转型智能制造的需求。

自2007年开始,沈阳机床连续五年累计投入研发资金11.5亿元进行核心技术研发,成功攻克运动控制领域的核心底层技术,并于2012年诞生了世界上首台具有网络智能功能的i5数控系统,i5是5个“i”的意思,即有效集成的工业化、信息化、网络化、智能化、集成化英文首字母的简称。该系统误差补偿算法、五轴控制技术、虚拟与显示系统达到了世界领先水平。2014年2月,沈阳机床在业内率先全球首发基于互联网的智能终端“i5系列智能机床”。随后,在中国机床市场上引发了机床新品类产品从未有过的“小井喷”效应,2014年市场订单近2000台。2015年,“i5”智能系统的五轴技术成熟,可以进行商业化并生产完全自主知识产权的五轴智能机床。至此,沈阳机床已经完全掌握了整机运动控制的所有底层技术。

作为基于互联网的智能终端,i5智能机床实现了智能补偿、智能诊断、智能控制、智能管理,其表现出来的“易操作、易上手”等功能特点正在被越来越多的客户所欣赏。更重要的是,基于i5智能数控系统开发的车间级生产管理系统(WIS),让用户能够实现车间信息的透明化管理,打造“指尖上的工厂”。

WIS集成互联网技术、物联网技术和信息技术,实现对机床设备的实时传递和交换,异地监控和管理,同时为用户提供一个“多端口”的企业信息查询工具,可以通过PC、移动设备(手机、平板)等各类终端,查看成品或在制品的工序加工信息及详细质量数据等相关信息,让产品生产的每一个环节都能被追溯和控制。

i5智能数控系统就是当下工业领域的操作系统,依托此核心技术,连通i5智能机床终端、智能工厂、云制造平台,沈阳机床实现了网络化的智能制造。这种基于互联网的新型制造模式被东南沿海企业和政府所看中。

深圳某医疗行业国内知名企业是一家在纽交所上市的民营企业,其销售额中50%以上来自海外。以前,这家客户只用进口的、成熟的高端机床产品。去年年底,这家客户开始尝试使用沈阳机床的i5智能机床。很快,便签定了一批i5智能机床的订单。“没想到,加工速度快,外观大气,还能打造无人工厂,用了才知道比进口机床还好。” 该公司副总裁胡雄伟说,后期他们要搞自动化工程改造项目,还要选购一批i5智能机床。

依据智能特性打造新的“分享”经济

2015年,沈阳机床针对i5核心技术的商业化和系列化攻关正在进行深层次的突破,以i5系统核心技术为基础打造出i平台,将设计、制造、服务、供应链、用户集成到云端,让智能制造从单机个体扩展到无限群体,并延伸构建全款销售、融资性租赁、金融性租赁、租售、售后回租、U2U模式。

其中U2U指UNIS(沈阳机床下属优尼斯公司) TO USER。沈阳机床正在规划一套商业系统、计费系统、结算系统,不再以制造产品为盈利手段,而是使用价值营销,为客户创造价值,提供全生命周期管理服务。客户无需一次性拿出大笔资金购买设备,只需支付部分定金,就可以接单生产。这种模式完全改变传统经济中简单“买”与“卖”的模式,通过按产品工件、使用时间甚至是所创造的价值付费,极大地降低了将用户的创业门槛,形成“共享”经济新模式,由此打造制造方、使用方和供应链伙伴新型关系。

张旭的公司手上订单饱满,对i5智能机床也很满意,但资金的限制还是让客户在再次选购设备时迟疑了。当沈阳机床推荐U2U方式后,客户马上就决定先租后买,于4月初以经营租赁方式,再次签订70台i5智能机床的合同,合同期为两年。“i5智能机床不仅稳定,加工精度可靠,还能采取租赁的模式,让我可以提前使用设备,这种合作方式解决了我发展的大问题。”客户张旭对两年后全资购买i5智能机床信心十足。

这家客户成为i5产品在这个行业的示范用户。另一客户万华泰科技公司以前坚持要买其他品牌的数控机床,当看到i5智能机床在张旭公司的加工效率、稳定性后,改变了想法, 4月中旬也订购了30台i5智能机床。

从“千床一面”到个性凸显,通用设备也能“量身”打造,研发、市场紧密衔接,不仅根据客户需求打造产品,更着眼于形成“i5”智能制造+工业互联网+在线服务+金融+大数据+再制造的战略发展平台,强化智能装备的技术研发,提升中国企业和地区的新兴竞争力。

参与价值创造 相互分享成长

台资企业

小成本“玩转”900台智能机床

7月1日,沈阳机床与深圳市联懋塑胶有限公司一次性签订900台立式加工中心机床订单,为制造国内大品牌的下一代手机零配件储备产能。

联懋集团是华为、联想等知名手机品牌的一级配套商,用不到10年的时间,实现了营收不足1亿到20亿的飞跃。如今,面对饱满的市场需求,联懋集团急需扩大产能。该公司负责人说,“在3C行业,三、五十台机床只能给3C大佬们打短工。数百台的机床拥有量也才是二级供应商,我们是国内知名手机品牌的一级供应商,必须保证千台机床以上的规模。”

沈阳机床i5系列智能机床于2014年全球首发,其中i5指工业化、信息化、网络化、智能化、集成化的有效集成。该产品所配备的i5数控系统是沈阳机床集团攻克了CNC运动控制技术、数字伺服驱动技术等核心底层技术,完全自主研发的数控系统。 i5智能机床操作简单便捷、设计人性化,且该系统误差补偿技术领先、控制精度达到纳米级,达到世界精度最高,完全满足联懋集团的加工需求,才使他们一次性签订了900产品订单。

其实,吸引这家企业的不仅仅单纯传统机床加工上的这些理由,沈阳机床今年初推出全新的U2U商业模式,能极大节省企业初期投入,这点让他们更加青睐。

按时间、按工件、按为用户创造的价值收取费用,沈阳机床今年初推出了新型的商业模式,购买机床的企业无需一次性拿出大笔资金购买设备,就可以扩大生产规模,接单生产。联懋集团今年承接了国内一家知名手机品牌商加工生产的任务,新上包括千台以上机床的生产线,如果按照过去传统的模式,仅仅购买机床设备,联懋集团就要投入2亿多元。采用了新模式,联懋集团支付300余万元定金后,就可以“购买”到全部的设备,然后安装生产了。

对此,沈阳机床消费电子行业事业部总经理赵星说,沈阳机床推出颇受用户喜欢的U2U模式,一个是商业模式的创新,顺应了市场的潮流。另外一方面,沈阳机床经过7年研发,攻克了数控机床数控系统底层技术,并打造出世界新品类的智能机床,使机床成为智能化的终端,再辅以沈阳机床的云制造平台,客户通过移动终端就可对工厂的设备进行操作、管理、监控,实时传递和交换机床的加工信息,打造无人工厂,使企业管理步入智能化。

佛山日资企业

为i5智能机床竖大拇指“i5机床,不错”,佛山日和公司日方经理对着来访的客人竖起大拇指,称赞沈阳机床的i5智能机床符合他们公司的期望。目前,i5智能机床以自动线的方式嵌入了世界顶级汽车品牌生态的链条。

佛山日和汽车零件有限公司主要为日本本田、丰田、三菱等日系汽车企业进行螺丝配件的专业配套,被日本经济产业省认定为“支撑将来日本的振兴的制造的中小企业300强”。日和公司对设备的精度和稳定性要求苛刻。主要设备采购对象历来以国际其它的大品牌机床为主,尤其是近年来采购的机床需要组线自动生产,国内品牌基本不在他们的视野之内。

今年初,应沈阳机床佛山区域销售总经理张志刚的邀请,日和公司负责人前来看i5智能机床的展示样机,被时尚的外观和良好的加工性能打动。在30样件试切后,一次试切达标,结果让这位负责人很惊讶。紧接着在3个月内,先后又做了6次样件试切,i5智能机床稳定性一直没让他失望。

更让这位负责人惊奇的是,沈阳机床的服务工程师根据他们产品的特点,把加工节拍从原来的82秒缩减到了68秒以内,大大超出了预期。这位负责人对国内机床设备印象大为改观,认为国产机床达到这么高的技术水平,很了不起! i5产品不但外观设计的美观、精致、机床本身配置高,而且联网远程监控解决了生产现场的数据实时追踪的问题。

最近一段时间,日和公司又与沈阳机床i5佛山团队开始了新一轮深度合作的探讨,并初步达成了i5智能机床产品全面替换计划,对现场原有生产线进行全面升级改造。

有意思的是,日和公司的“伙伴”企业日本爱汽科技公司,生产汽车变速箱齿轮,他们例行参观日和公司后,对沈阳机床提供的i5智能机床自动线加工状况十分满意,马上主动联系了张志刚,准备进行合作,向日和公司学习,也要用i5智能机床提升自身的加工效率和水平。目前已经完成样件切削,就深度合作达成了共识。

http://www.chinaequip.gov.cn/2016-11/09/c_135817299.htm

i5智能机床打造企业和地区新兴竞争力(组图):yahoo:
http://www.chinaequip.gov.cn/2016-11/09/c_135817299.htm

Excellent by Shenyang Machine Tool Co., Ltd, all the best to their "i5" strategy! If there is English language links please add, for the time being let me quote from previous post:

At present, China's CNC machine tool industry has entered a critical period of transformation and upgrading.
  • Shenyang Machine Tool Co., Ltd. enforced "i5" strategy in 2014 to build a new model of intelligent factory. In 2015, despite the traditional metalworking machine tool market downturn, over 5,000 i5 intelligent machine tools were ordered, of which over 3,000 ones were delivered actually. The company plans to build 30 smart factories, and strives to produce and sell 20,000 i5 intelligent machine tools in the country in 2016.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom