What's new

Game of Thrones-themed café opens in Islamabad

$3 for just a medium-sized cup? wow..
Yup very expensive but coffee is not a everyday drink in Pakistan even for those who can afford it. So you will see these kind of cafes with their fancy setups and people would go there just to hangout and put out a status on Facebook.
When I am not in Pakistan I make do with my $1 cup from a 7-Eleven on my way to work or uni.....you don't have that culture here.

Interesting idea but the food seems very 'normal'

strange especially considering how much the books love to describe the food, there's even cookbooks based around the things they eat!

Yup very expensive but coffee is not a everyday drink in Pakistan even for those who can afford it. So you will see these kind of cafes with their fancy setups and people would go there just to hangout and put out a status on Facebook.
When I am not in Pakistan I make do with my $1 cup from a 7-Eleven on my way to work or uni.....you don't have that culture here.

Good point.. And that's why after I made that comment, and thought about it for a little while, I realized that obviously some things here in the states we might take for granted might be more limited or expensive in other countries.

Plus it's a themed Cafe, which I'm guessing would probably overcharge a little anyway. Something like that here in the states would probably do the same exact thing.

I don't on a regular basis get coffee out since I got my Keurig single-serve machine. Which by the way, I think is virtually the best thing since sliced bread :lol:

Yeah that part is kinda isolated. Not sure why they would choose to build cafe there though.
The location matter alot. You can see many big fishes sitting in civic center. If they would have asked me i would have suggested them to open this cafe in f6 or any other f sector of Islamabad rent would have been an issue but customer turnover would have been awesome there. But still best of luck to the owner. They have stiff competition ahead of them.

Back
Top Bottom