What's new

Game of Thrones-themed café opens in Islamabad

Cool concept but do they serve drinks?

game-of-thonres-tyrion-lannister-i-drink-and-i-know-things.jpg

I'm curious, are there any other themed restaurants besides this and the Harry Potter one?

There is also a Harry Potter themed cafe near-by.

Normally around $3 for a medium size cup in these sort of places but its shitty.

$3 for just a medium-sized cup? wow..

Game of Thrones-themed café opens in Islamabad
By Hafsah Sarfaraz
Published: February 6, 2017
40SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1318359-___o-1486366552-463-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: KING'S LANDING CAFE & GRILL

Ever wondered what dining like the Lannisters would be like? People in Islamabad and Rawalpindi don’t need to wonder, they can now experience it. A Game of Thrones-themed café named King’s Landing Cafe & Grill opened in Phase 4, Bahria Town Islamabad recently.

0-___o-1486366288.jpg

PHOTO: KING’S LANDING CAFE & GRILL

The café is a brainchild of five young graduates – Qasim Ben Tariq, Ali Saif, Moiz Hashmi, Hammad Anwar and Arslan Sajid who graduated from FAST University with engineering degrees. Speaking to The Express Tribune, Tariq said they are a bunch of young playful students with a diverse skill set.

0-___o-1486365545.jpg

“The current job market for engineers is so disappointing that we were left with no choice but to put our creativity to good use. So we started our quest for an appropriate entrepreneurial venture and all options were put under consideration. After research, we identified that the formula for success is to provide the modern day consumers with a unique experience and memories associated with a product or service,” he said.

0-___o-1486365730.jpg

Restaurant review: Ambrosia is a cut above the rest

Tariq also mentioned that they didn’t want to open just another café and hence decided to explore the theme of Game of Thrones (GOT). “One of the biggest challenges was to coordinate scheduling and implementation of tasks assigned to local contractors in appropriate sequence and within designated time; our labour force has a tendency to not meet their deadlines. The entire GOT merchandise was ordered from international online retailers and sometimes the items delivered were not in the perfect condition,” he shared.

0-___o-1486365472.jpg

Quality – 3/5

Without any surprise, the menu at King’s Landing Cafe & Grill is specifically tailored according to the show. There are items named like Little Fingers, King of the Andals, Valar Spaghetti Pasta, Sand Snake Pasta, the Cheesy Khaleesi, the Red Keep, the Hound’s Chicken and many others.

0-___o-1486365796.jpg

Calorie Court: Health Act gets approved

The Cheesy Khaleesi has butter-fried chicken topped with hard cheese and served alongside fries and coleslaw; this is a perfect snack for the evenings. The Taragoryen Chicken is one of their specialties, which is so delicious that it lives up to its reputation. It has grilled chicken topped with creamy tarragon sauce served with sautéed vegetables. The steaks are where this café needs to work. The Mexican steak we tried was absolutely bland but then again steaks are hard to perfect and this café focuses more on the experience and the ambiance.

0-___o-1486365597.jpg

An interesting feature at the café is the Mighty Mountain Challenge, which is named after the character of Gregor Clegane nicknamed The Mountain in the GOT series. Essentially, this is a giant beef burger and the challenge to finish it in a given time gets you an exclusive 50% discount on it. As an added benefit, the winner gets their name on the café’s Hall of Fame wall and keep getting a 10% discount on all their future bills until someone else knocks their name off the list.

0-___o-1486365545.jpg

anyone know where i can buy the picture of the eagle?

Cercie Chicken brest were all I needed however they only have salad option
They could have also had Dragon's boiled eggs for breakfast darn it

PS: Quit common for diners to have themes

Nice little place

There’s A Game of Thrones Themed Cafe In Rawalpindi That ‘You Know Nothing’ About!
Cool-Twitter-Avatar-UserID-1-original-Avatar-vector-black-white-emo-skull-profile-200x200-80x80.jpg

By Tazzo Man
Posted on February 3, 2017
mop-1000x600.jpg

Themed cafes are opening up in Pakistan, and the trend is absolutely marvelous! At first, there was a Breaking Bad themed café and now there is a Game of Thrones themed café as well. Fans always want to live the tiny details of their favorite shows.

For example, wearing a fur robe just like Lannisters and Starks, sitting on the Iron Throne, or perhaps even drinking from a chalice just like Tyrion does, and cafes like these offer just that. There is so much to do in such restaurants apart from dining-in and walking out. The idea is a unique one, and so far people are loving it.

parhlo1.jpg

Courtesy: Qasim Ben Tariq

The King’s Landing Café is the talk of the town in Rawalpindi these days. Opened just a few days ago, anyone can guess by now that the place is based on Game of Thrones. An exceptionally sized place with an ambiance that matches the dark theme of Game of Thrones.

parhlo2.jpg

We happened to come across one of the partners who runs the place and decided to ask them a few questions that everyone would love to know about. Here they are:

parhlo3.jpg

1) WHAT GAVE YOU THE IDEA OF OPENING THIS CAFE?
p4.jpg

“Within a year of graduation from university, our team members, whether employed or not, found themselves equally disappointed. After tons of brainstorming sessions, we had concluded that an entrepreneurial venture was the only way to fulfill our need to succeed and gain control over our destiny. We knew that the repetitive and routine nature of working 9 to 5 for another entity’s benefit couldn’t feed our burning passion for creativity and innovation. The urge to explore the unseen took over gradually and we embarked on the adventure with each other’s moral support. Having seen the recent escalation of startup culture in the twin cities, we had put all sorts of options on the table but the concept of a Game of Thrones style cafe always overshadowed the others. So after conducting a market feasibility study with positive results we unanimously decided to start working on it.”

2) WHO ARE THE FACES BEHIND THIS CAFE? IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET A PICTURE OF THE WHOLE GANG?
mm.jpg

“The team behind this cafe was actually formed on the back benches of one of Islamabad’s esteemed higher education institutions. Given the competitive nature of our industry and the safety of our private lives, we consider it best to stay behind the lens but should you plan to visit us at Bahria Town, Rawalpindi you’ll always find us at your service.”

3) ARE YOU HUGE GOT FANS?
p6.jpg

“Any man who says ‘I am a GoT fan’, is no true GoT fan.”
Wow yaar this is my favorite show and I am so delighted that there is now a cafe themes from GoT. Can't wait to go there myself. I'm headed to Islo this weekend so will definitely go there.

4) HOW’S THE RESPONSE SO FAR? AND IS THERE A FLAGSHIP MEAL?
p5.jpg

“Interestingly enough our cafe was so well anticipated that we had to serve walk-in customers before our official launch. Ever since the opening day, we have had an overwhelming response from the customers. The Mountain challenge, in particular, has gathered a lot of attention. For those of you who don’t know, it involves a huge beef burger that you have to finish in the given time and in the case of success you get 50% off on it. Furthermore, your name gets on the board of fame listing last 5 successful challengers and as long as you stay on it, you get 10% off on all of your future bills.”

5) HOW OLD ARE YOU GUYS, AND WHAT EDUCATION HAVE YOU RECEIVED?
p7.jpg

“We’re all early 90s kids and we bonded together after enrolling in FAST-NU Islamabad for their Electrical Engineering program in 2010. Since we were studying in the same university, same program, same batch and often the same hostel room; we found ample opportunities to see through each other’s skins and thankfully stood the tests of time.”
https://www.parhlo.com/game-of-thrones-themed-cafe-in-rawalpindi

0-___o-1486366288.jpg

1318359-___o-1486366552-463-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: KING'S LANDING CAFE & GRILL

0-___o-1486365796.jpg
Omg so cool! Can't wait to visit and check-out all of their designs and decor. Would love to take on the mountain challenge.

There is also a Harry Potter themed cafe near-by.

Normally around $3 for a medium size cup in these sort of places but its shitty.
I have been there but it was a disappointment. Hopefully this GoT themed cafe won't be disappointing.

Well this cafe is located near pwd gate and its to be very honest quite isolated. They shoud have opened it in Islamabad because Bahria is very un-predictable market. It look good from inside i have seen it couple of time from outside. Good initiative and good luck with this venture.

FYI they should screen GOT episodes all the time and live when they are released it will be a huge advantage as i know many follow this season. including me
Yeah that part is kinda isolated. Not sure why they would choose to build cafe there though.

Back
Top Bottom