What's new

Gallantry awards in armed forces renamed

Avisheik

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
The government decided to rename the gallantry awards for the heroic and courageous role of the members of the armed forces.

The decision came as the cabinet at its regular meeting endorsed a proposal for giving awards, grants and allowances to the members of the armed forces for gallantry.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina presided over the meeting in the cabinet room of the secretariat.

After the meeting, PM's Press Secretary Abul Kalam Azad briefed reporters in the PID conference room.

According to the proposal, the new names of the gallantry awards will be Bir Sarbottam, Bir Mrityunjoyi, Bir Chiranjib and Bir Durjoy.

Earlier, the names were Bir Shreshtha, Bir Uttam, Bir Bikram and Bir Pratik.

"From now on the year will also be mentioned in the award along with the name and amount of money for the award will be enhanced," Azad said.

The meeting also approved a proposal for giving awards, donation and allowances to the members of Bangladesh Police, Border Guard Bangladesh, Ansar and VDP, Bangladesh Coast Guard and Fire Service and Civil Defense Department

I don't like new names. mrittunjoyi, chironjib? Ridiculous. They are not popular bangla words.... Sreshtho, utt0m were best.... What about renaming them as Bir Bangabandhu, bir Jamal, bir kamal and bir rasel award??

I don't like new names. mrittunjoyi, chironjib? Ridiculous. They are not popular bangla words.... Sreshtho, utt0m were best.... What about renaming them as Bir Bangabandhu, bir Jamal, bir kamal and bir rasel award??

I think we should have kept the original names of the award. Army officers would have been more motivated to protect the country just like our fathers and uncles did in 1971

I like the names. :tup:

Sarvottam-Shrestha- Best

Mrityunjay-Someone who has conquered over their death

Cheeranjiv: Someone whose life never ends

Durjay: invincible

I like the names. :tup:

Personally, I think these (some of them atleast) raise some issues. E.G. "Bir Mritunjoyi" will only be awarded posthumously? Or that "Bir Chiranjib" cannot be awarded posthumously?
IMHO, the existing names seem to be perfectly fine.n I do feel there is little need to bring living/dying in to this.

Personally, I think these (some of them atleast) raise some issues. E.G. "Bir Mritunjoyi" will only be awarded posthumously? Or that "Bir Chiranjib" cannot be awarded posthumously?
IMHO, the existing names seem to be perfectly fine.n I do feel there is little need to bring living/dying in to this.

I think only Bir Sarvottam is awarded posthumously. The rest are given regardless of dead or alive

I think only Bir Sarvottam is awarded posthumously. The rest are given regardless of dead or alive
I dont think it will be appropriate to give chiranjeev or mritunjoi awards posthumously.

where is Bir Banghubudu Sheikh Mukij ???

what is wrong AL they are changing name and the name they are choosing is so bad one

what is the use even changing name

Back
Top Bottom