What's new

Gaddafi has suicide plan to blow up capital

Transformers

BANNED
Reaction score
Moscow: Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi has a "suicidal plan" to blow up the capital Tripoli if it is taken by rebels, the Kremlin's special envoy to Libya told a Russian newspaper on Thursday.

"The Libyan Premier told me: if the rebels seize the city, we will cover it with missiles and blow it up," Kremlin envoy Mikhail Margelov said in an interview with the the Izvestia daily.

Margelov met Libyan Prime Minister Baghdadi al-Mahmudi last month.

"I imagine that the Gaddafi regime does have such a suicidal plan," he added, saying that Gaddafi still had plentiful supplies of missiles and ammunition.

But Margelov, who has had rare access to senior Libyan officials, questioned reports that Gaddafi could be running out of arms in the drawn-out conflict.

Gaddafi had still not used a single surface-to-surface missile, he argued.

"Tripoli theoretically could lack ammunition for tanks, cartridges for rifles. But the colonel has got plenty of missiles and explosives."

Margelov met the Libyan Prime Minister on June 16 in Tripoli after holding talks in Benghazi earlier the same month. He has not met Gaddafi himself.

Russia abstained from a vote on a March UN Security Council resolution that opened the way for foreign involvement and has since criticised the campaign -- particularly arms drops by France.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov met US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday for talks on Libya, where Lavrov sought to play down differences between the countries.

However, the Russian Foreign Ministry said earlier Wednesday that Moscow would not take part in talks on Libya later this week in Turkey, which has also seen itself as a mediator in the conflict.

http://zeenews./news/world/gaddafi-has-suicide-plan-to-blow-up-capital_719675.html

well we got a wonderful nut job here . a man who does not care what his people want just wants to stay in power.

Wasn't Gaddafi handing out millions of AK's and Machine guns to women and men ? This will be a last resort if Tripoli is about to fall.

Wasn't Gaddafi handing out millions of AK's and Machine guns to women and men ? This will be a last resort if Tripoli is about to fall.
You mean another Iraq in the making..this is what saddam did..opened the weapon depots for general public..which assured that even with Saddam out, the Iraqi people will not be welcoming the collation forces with rose petals. But in reality a lot of factions are fighting each other for power..bloodshed..only bloodshed

Instead of suicide plan he should just throw what he has on europe its only like 29-30 km away from italy

Psychopath after 40 Years of rule that AH still wants to rule Libya. I do not support any foreign involvement in attacking any other sovereign nation and millions have suffered due to NATO/US in Libya but I would wish sooner some missile would blow away gaddafi once and for all.

Those rebels have no brains they are destroying their own people and their own country on behalf of someone else merely for the power they want to seize.

If you look at Gaddafi record while in power, you will find out that he has bring a lot of good benefits to its people.

If you look at Gaddafi record while in power, you will find out that he has bring a lot of good benefits to its people.

Benifits like? robbing billions of petro dollars and spending them on luxurious villas and distributing it among his children who spent them on one night babes in Florida? I don't see what special gaddafi has done for libyan people except for oppression for the past 40 years.

Benifits like? robbing billions of petro dollars and spending them on luxurious villas and distributing it among his children who spent them on one night babes in Florida? I don't see what special gaddafi has done for libyan people except for oppression for the past 40 years.

let me say it in this way, libya is africas norway. the only exeption is that it is not democratic!

Like the rebels are a trustworthy bunch.

They were the ones who planned to fake an explosion so that they could blame Gaddafi's forces for breaking the ceasefire.

It's another fake news or Margelov was drunk on vodka when he made those statement, anyways the Russian ministry officially denied it.

Unless Gadaffi has several multi-megaton nukes, how would he able to blow up tripoli?

Back
Top Bottom