What's new

Fukushima's record-high radiation broke a cleaning robot after two hours

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/10/14580674/fukushima-record-high-radiation-cleaning-robot-recalled

A robot sent into a Fukushima reactor to inspect and clean the nuclear plant had to abruptly end its mission after excess radiation fried the robot’s camera. It was the first time a robot had entered the Unit 2 reactor since the 2011 earthquake and tsunami, reports the Associated Press.

THE ROBOT ENDURED AN ESTIMATED RADIATION OF 650 SIEVERTS PER HOUR

The cleaning robot was recalled after just two hours into the mission after enduring an estimated radiation of 650 Sieverts per hour according to noise analysis of the images transmitted by the robot before its camera went dark. The robot was designed for up to 1,000 Sieverts of cumulative exposure.

The AP reports that level of radiation would kill a human being instantly. After the cameras started malfunctioning, the team decided to pull the robot back from its mission before losing it entirely. Images captured from the chamber before the robot malfunctioned showed layers of melted paint, cable insulation, and metal grates.

reattore_fukushima_602x320.jpg

Tokyo Electric Power Company said the robot was deployed to observe and clear the passageway with a high-pressure water nozzle so the team could send another robot to assess the structural damage. Pulling the first robot early means the follow-up machine will have more work to do and less time to do it, since both robots were designed to withstand the same amount of radiation.

The high levels of radiation may seem alarming, but there’s good news: it's contained, and there are no reports of new leaks from the plant. That means that the radiation shouldn't affect nearby townships. Higher levels of radiation could also mean the robot is getting closer to the precise source of radioactivity to properly remove the melted fuel.

Hmmm.... China is building a super N-Plant in HawksBay Karachi :)

The oceans will get polluted due to Nuclear waste for 70-80 years

Since tokyo is near by likely lot of cancer rise

Last edited:
http://countercurrentnews.com/2017/02/fukushima-first-images-emerge-of-radioactive-salmon-in-canada/
Fukushima: First Images Emerge Of Radioactive Salmon In Canada
February 9, 2017 10:42 ambyCCN

Bad news for everyone – the first radioactive salmon have been found in British Columbia, Canada and there are pictures to prove it.

First-Images-Emerge-Of-Radioactive-Salmon-In-Canada.jpg

After researchers realized over a third of the world’s oceans were contaminated from the Fukushima rector’s explosion, a team of researchers from the University of Victoria started investigating radioactive samples of salmon.

The American West Coast is also contaminated, and traces of seaborne Cesium 123 (the indicator of Fukushima nuclear contamination) can still be detected in the ocean waters.

Environewsreports:

WHOI is a crowd-funded science seawater sampling project, which has been monitoring the radioactive plume making its way across the Pacific to America’s west coast, from the demolished Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in eastern Japan.

This isn’t the first reported case of contamination far from the waters in Fukushima; in fact, there have been numerous reports, but only now is the story gaining mainstream traction.

According to the tests, the samples from the Oregon coast measured around 0.3 becquerels per cubic meter for cesium 134.This level of radiation was deemed safe and“not a risk to humans or the environment”by multiple researchers in both the US and Canada. Of course, we know better – there’s no such thing as safe amount of radiation for living organisms. Every exposure to radiation, no matter how small, increases our risk for cancer and other serious medical conditions…which is why we’ll be avoiding salmon for a while.

Last edited:
http://countercurrentnews.com/2017/02/fukushima-first-images-emerge-of-radioactive-salmon-in-canada/
Fukushima: First Images Emerge Of Radioactive Salmon In Canada
February 9, 2017 10:42 ambyCCN

Bad news for everyone – the first radioactive salmon have been found in British Columbia, Canada and there are pictures to prove it.

After researchers realized over a third of the world’s oceans were contaminated from the Fukushima rector’s explosion, a team of researchers from the University of Victoria started investigating radioactive samples of salmon.

The American West Coast is also contaminated, and traces of seaborne Cesium 123 (the indicator of Fukushima nuclear contamination) can still be detected in the ocean waters.

Environewsreports:

WHOI is a crowd-funded science seawater sampling project, which has been monitoring the radioactive plume making its way across the Pacific to America’s west coast, from the demolished Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in eastern Japan.

This isn’t the first reported case of contamination far from the waters in Fukushima; in fact, there have been numerous reports, but only now is the story gaining mainstream traction.

According to the tests, the samples from the Oregon coast measured around 0.3 becquerels per cubic meter for cesium 134.This level of radiation was deemed safe and“not a risk to humans or the environment”by multiple researchers in both the US and Canada. Of course, we know better – there’s no such thing as safe amount of radiation for living organisms. Every exposure to radiation, no matter how small, increases our risk for cancer and other serious medical conditions…which is why we’ll be avoiding salmon for a while.

Alternative media reports with no corroboration ! Even article reports the radioactivity could be because of anything other than fukushima !

Not good. New recommendations say 50 miles from heavily populated areas. New York City has one at 36 miles and they are shutting it down in 2021.

Theres one in toronto and another 10 kms east of it. I don't see people crying over it. They are closing both, but not because of radiation concerns, but because there is surplus due to hydro and other sources

Looks like Japan will destroy world's oceans
Sure about that?
The high levels of radiation may seem alarming, but there’s good news: it's contained, and there are no reports of new leaks from the plant. That means that the radiation shouldn't affect nearby townships. Higher levels of radiation could also mean the robot is getting closer to the precise source of radioactivity to properly remove the melted fuel.

fukushima-radiation-spreading.jpg

Well radio active material stays active for 50-70 years I can only imagine such large area just ozing with Radio activity

FukWind1.jpg

Is there any proof that radioactive material will become less dangerous in water ? Never heard that before

Tecnically if the plant blows up ...hmm very bad for region
hqdefault.jpg

I suppose fish is just suddenly appearing dead along coast lines of South America

Chile
squidwashup.png

USA, California (Los Angeles area)
It is just stated in media as "UN EXPLAINED" reason for 1 million + fish showing up dead along California ...just unexplained reason

72291-dead-fish-in-the-harbor-area-of-redondo-beach.jpg

Here we see little boy , asking hey mom / dad why are all these fish dead ?
13769544_31n.jpg

And some more , fish along side mexico side

MEXICO

crop_2464336.jpg

Article from Feb 6th , 2017
Radiation In Fukushima Is Now At 'Unimaginable' Levels
Readings over 100x the lethal dose were detected.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/20...d-unimaginable-levels/?utm_hp_ref=au-homepage

:o::laugh:

"Snowboard and ski in Fukushima for free for a day with new offer exclusively for foreign tourists"
https://www.japantoday.com/category...th-new-offer-exclusively-for-foreign-tourists

Last edited:
fukushima-radiation-spreading.jpg

Well radio active material stays active for 50-70 years I can only imagine such large area just ozing with Radio activity

FukWind1.jpg

Is there any proof that radioactive material will become less dangerous in water ? Never heard that before

Tecnically if the plant blows up ...hmm very bad for region
hqdefault.jpg

I suppose fish is just suddenly appearing dead along coast lines of South America

Chile
squidwashup.png

USA, California (Los Angeles area)
It is just stated in media as "UN EXPLAINED" reason for 1 million + fish showing up dead along California ...just unexplained reason

72291-dead-fish-in-the-harbor-area-of-redondo-beach.jpg

Here we see little boy , asking hey mom / dad why are all these fish dead ?
13769544_31n.jpg

And some more , fish along side mexico side

MEXICO

crop_2464336.jpg

Article from Feb 6th , 2017
Radiation In Fukushima Is Now At 'Unimaginable' Levels
Readings over 100x the lethal dose were detected.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/20...d-unimaginable-levels/?utm_hp_ref=au-homepage

:o::laugh:

"Snowboard and ski in Fukushima for free for a day with new offer exclusively for foreign tourists"
https://www.japantoday.com/category...th-new-offer-exclusively-for-foreign-tourists

Sorry your dead fish in California pics are from a story that happened BEFORE the tsunami. Just scaremongering False News with made up facts.

Check out the exact same pics on these pages and then the date of these articles:
http://www.damncoolpictures.com/2011/03/millions-of-dead-fish-at-king-harbor-in.html?m=1
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2011/03/10/tons-dead-fish-pulled-california-marina.html

It was even on the news. Look at the posted youtube date (Mar 8, 2011). So your "unexplained" was actually explained.

The Tsunami actually happened (Mar 11, 2011) days AFTER the pics/video were taken..but that isn't stopping people from connecting made up dots.

I'd look up the rest of your pics/charts but I find them highly suspect already. Probably more False News.

Last edited:

Redneck telling it all

The video below the sceintist showed that star fish , are "Ripping" their own bodies !!! Their arms move in different direction untill they seperate from their own body - watch the movie shocking , cause these creatures want to commit suicide

View the video above and then watch this image below
FukWind1.jpg

Last edited:

Redneck telling it all

The video below the sceintist showed that star fish , are "Ripping" their own bodies !!! Their arms move in different direction untill they seperate from their own body - watch the movie shocking , cause these creatures want to commit suicide

View the video above and then watch this image below
FukWind1.jpg

You are truly a purveyor of fake news. Here is the exact same lady from your first video making a second video explaining why the Starfish are dying. It's a virus.

@XenoEnsi-14 @Providence

I also see these pics with stories
hqdefault.jpg

japanfallout.jpg

Well seems like the death of animals, various animals can't be attributed to a virus becasue there are variety of animals which are dying.

It is very unnatural for 1 virus to effect so many different marine life , just like Humans are not effected by Cat virus, as both are different animals. Same is true with Marine life

101585-full.jpg

Based on this flow below the contamation will continue to spread between Japan / Western coast of USA and slowly it will move south when it will start to effect coastlines of Chile etc or Australia

With the potential of this Radioactive waste to eventually start reaching African / South American water in lesser quantity

fukushima.jpg

Seems like another death by Chile
http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=20378
whale.JPG

Last edited:

If this is the pic to prove it then you are out of luck. I like how the original author of the pic had his name conveniently chopped off the bottom left of your version. Here is the article the pic is from and there is no mention of radiation weirdness.

The Great Salmon Run in Adams River BC
by Dr. Sharif Galal
October 21, 2014
http://www.canadiannaturephotographer.com/S_Gala3.html

Salmon-run0-1-38.jpg

Since I was a little kid, I was always fascinated by nature and I knew about Canada from the nature documentaries before I moved and settled here. I still remember one of those shows about the great salmon migration. It has always been a dream to watch the salmon run and this dream came true this year when my fellow (Ahmed ElWakil) and I decided to drive to Chase, BC to watch this great event last week.

Oh my god...I have caught you for the third time with Fake News. This NOAA map has nothing to do with radiation. It is the height of the Tsunami wave. Here is the page the pic is from.

https://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/MediaDetail.php?MediaID=680&MediaTypeID=1

NOAA Map of Japanese Tsunami Wave Height

https://defensetech.org/2011/03/12/noaa-map-of-japanese-tsunami-wave-height/

MARCH 12, 2011

In case you haven’t seen it yet: This isn’t directly defense-related, but it’s still interesting. It’s a plot created by the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) showing the projected wave size from the Tsunami that rocked Japan on Friday. See how the chart maxes out at 240 centimeters. That’s almost eight feet. There are reports the wall of water that tore through Japan was more than 12 feet high in places. Our thoughts are with the victims.

Here’s another chart of the the waves:

@jhungary

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom