What's new

French Presidential and Legislative Elections 2017-News and Updates

French far-left presidential hopeful Mélenchon unveils €270 billion spending plan

http://www.france24.com/en/20170219...nchon-presents-270-billion-euro-spending-plan
This guy........why he's even trying? Btw the fact that this guy might get around 10% votes is quite laughable.

Fillon is probably the best candidate in the current state. But his scandals are hurting him quite a bit. Which will probably give Le Pen an edge in the second round.
I liked Macron too. But his possibility to go to the second round just took a yuge blow.

This guy........why he's even trying? Btw the fact that this guy might get around 10% votes is quite laughable.

Fillon is probably the best candidate in the current state. But his scandals are hurting him quite a bit. Which will probably give Le Pen an edge in the second round.
I liked Macron too. But his possibility to go to the second round just took a yuge blow.

According to a recent poll,Marine Le Pen would lead the first round with 27% of the votes,while Fillon and Macron are neck and neck at 20%,but would loose in the second round whoever the candidate is. But what's interesting is that Le Pen's ratings for the secound round are increasing. Helped by Fillon's and Macron's struggles.

Poll results for the secound round ;

Fillon : 56% (-6 compared to 8 february) - Le Pen 44% (+6)
Macron : 58 % (-8 compared to 8 february) - Le Pen 42% (+8)

Far from the 82% of Chirac against her father.

I had a feeling that would happen...

Be careful, France.

I had a feeling that would happen...

Be careful, France.

Le Pen's election and rise would be the fault of the politicians,governments and their policies of the last 30-40 years. Marine,to attract voters from every sides of the society is trying to play the appeasment card,and is becoming far for civilized and 'presidentiable',than before,and for exemple,her father. BTW,the large majority of people who vote for her,don't vote because they are racists,nazis,because of immigration and islam,but more for social matters.

Le Pen's election and rise would be the fault of the politicians,governments and their policies of the last 30-40 years. Marine,to attract voters from every sides of the society is trying to play the appeasment card,and is becoming far for civilized and 'presidentiable',than before,and for exemple,her father. BTW,the large majority of people who vote for her,don't vote because they are racists,nazis,because of immigration and islam,but more for social matters.

I definitely understand. The wave of anti-establishmentarianism sweeping the western world is huge. She sounds like a more polite and amiable version of Trump to me. I think there's a real chance she could win, though her opponents are still favored against her.

I definitely understand. The wave of anti-establishmentarianism sweeping the western world is huge. She sounds like a more polite and amiable version of Trump to me. I think there's a real chance she could win, though her opponents are still favored against her.

Lepen will be in second round of this election, but she will not win it. the difference with Trump, is that , her party "Le front national" is not "officially" recognized by the majority of french as a "Real" party, even thou it's one ( it's seen/perceived like a far right baby of the right wing , les republicains).

So in the End if it's a Fillion/lepen or MAcron/ Lepen, it will be as before, everyone will vote for the less evil. Le front National could win, if the "lepen dynasty" change/removed ( but it could be the end of le FN too..) , at that moment it will perceived as a "true" party in the eys of french and not a familial biz.

For this party, this election could be their last hope to win, France is not in the same state as few years back, things begin to change, the workforce started to shift, and the "old" voters of that time, will be less next time. The young are taking thier places.

ps: Majority of voters in the right wings are retired/old, the young are more in the left wing or/and the far right.

Wrong. In Italy most voters of the far right are young people. Same counts for France. Several statistics made this clear. The establihsment failed to give young people chances, so why should young people vote for the Establishment?

Its a media hoax that old people favor far right. When you look at Germany its the old zombies who still grab on Merkel.

What we need is a complete dstruction of the liberal left and a victory for Marine lePen would be a great sucess for our future, not just France but all of Europe. So much has already changed for the better. The Establishment is in panic mode and now suddenly makes what the people demand. But thats not enough.

re-read me... bf saying anything...

Sorry but you may also want to buy a tomato or 2 from Delphine from my region Alsace (former Miss France)

delphine_legumes_ete.jpg
Dem Aubergines ヘ( ̄ω ̄ヘ)

According to a recent poll,Marine Le Pen would lead the first round with 27% of the votes,while Fillon and Macron are neck and neck at 20%,but would loose in the second round whoever the candidate is. But what's interesting is that Le Pen's ratings for the secound round are increasing. Helped by Fillon's and Macron's struggles.

Macron's problem is he needs both right-wing and left-wing votes to go to the second round. He has to count on moderate left wingers and moderate right wingers. Going to the second round would be tough with this combination. Most right wingers would go for Fillon and left wingers would go for Hamon or Melenchon. Although he seems to have a likeability factor going for him. And he seems to have higher chances to beat Mighty Le Pen in the second round. But I think he has less chances to go to the second round than Fillon(A bit like the Hillary/Bernie situation)

Fillon does look the the best fit to be the president to me but I think he will have a hard time against Le Pen in the second round. He's already struggling with Penelope gate

Hmm...Macron is still gaining on polls..............That's a surprise. He was neck to neck with Fillon days ago and now he's pulling ahead..

Back
Top Bottom