What's new

Foxconn Boss Compares His Workforce to Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korean

BANNED
Reaction score
Report: Foxconn Boss Compares His Workforce to Animals | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Report: Foxconn Boss Compares His Workforce to Animals
By Damon Poeter

No doubt they're wincing at Apple headquarters and elsewhere over the latest controversy generated by consumer electronics contracting giant Foxconn, though this time at least the bad news doesn't involve exploding factories, poisoned workers, or a string of worker suicides.
Nobody was actually hurt, in fact, though a million Foxconn workers might be a little testy after Terry Gou, chairman of Foxconn parent Hon Hai Precision Industry, compared them to "animals." Gou was speaking at the company's recent annual review meeting when he made the comments, according to WantChinaTimes.

"Hon Hai has a workforce of over one million worldwide and as human beings are also animals, to manage one million animals gives me a headache," Gou said, according to the website run by Taiwan's China Times News Group.
The Hon Hai chairman was reportedly entertaining Taipei Zoo director Chin Shih-chien onstage when he asked Chin "how animals should be managed" and instructed Hon Hai executives present to listen carefully to the zookeeper's advice.

No wonder 300 Foxconn employees threatened to commit mass suicide the other day, their Taiwanese boss threats them so badly.

Unfortunately, Foxconn is one of top employers in China and the vast majority of Chinese workers have it worse than Foxconn employees.

I bet this has been taken out of context and lost in translation, maybe some of our Chinese members can shed some light into this matter. Anyways, the west has done far worse during their industrial revolution, now it is China's turn to expand,

I bet this has been taken out of context and lost in translation, maybe some of our Chinese members can shed some light into this matter.
Taiwanese, like Hong Kongese and Singaporeans are quite racist against mainlanders, and the Foxconn boss was simply sharing his true inner feelings.

There is a youtube clip of three Taiwanese kids joining up four White kids to brutally beat up single mainland kid in Detroit, only the deep inner hatred would bring out that kind of brutal violence from young 12~13 year old children.

Meh...it's just another business owner with a large ego. Reminds me of Dick Fuld CEO of Lehman Brothers and his "rip his heart out and eat it in front of him" comment regarding a short seller.

Taiwanese, like Hong Kongese and Singaporeans are quite racist against mainlanders, and the Foxconn boss was simply sharing his true inner feelings.

There is a youtube clip of three Taiwanese kids joining up four White kids to brutally beat up single mainland kid in Detroit, only the deep inner hatred would bring out that kind of brutal violence from young 12~13 year old children.

Completely incorrect. Trust a Korean to tell Chinese people what they should be thinking. :lol:

We Hong Kongers are 95% Han Chinese, it is illogical to be racist towards your own race.

Racism requires two different races, and a sense of superiority and inferiority between them. Which is why when black people use the "n-word" towards themselves, it is not racism.

I don't think it's about racism. In regards to that video, it's nothing more than a bunch of punks with nothing to do.

Completely incorrect.
You are already disproven.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/152699-china-denounces-hong-konger-trend.html

HONG KONG — Fifteen years after taking back Hong Kong amid a blaze of fireworks and patriotic fervor, China is battling what it sees as a subversive challenge: an academic survey showing that many in this former British colony identify little with China.

The survey, conducted last month by the University of Hong Kong, found that the number of respondents who view themselves as Hong Kongers is more than double the number who see themselves as Chinese and that bonds of shared identity with the mainland have grown weaker since Britain relinquished control in 1997.

Infuriated by the results, Chinese officials have orchestrated a campaign of denunciation — the latest blast in a barrage of verbal and written broadsides against alleged disloyalty in Hong Kong.

As a Taiwanese, we just really don't like Koreans. For example, my Korean inlaws are a bunch of uneducated, image conscious, zero-asset morons. That basically describes 96% of 1st generation Korean-Americans

Wow, the universe-class superpower come here to mock chinese!!
FUNNY!! Why do you waste time here, go back to your work to search how to steal chinese history!!!

As a Taiwanese, we just really don't like Koreans. For example, my Korean inlaws are a bunch of uneducated, image conscious, zero-asset morons. That basically describes 96% of 1st generation Korean-Americans

LOL, we Chinese may have our internal differences sometimes, but all it takes is one annoying outsider, and we will all instantly be on the same side again. :lol:

Report: Foxconn Boss Compares His Workforce to Animals | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

No wonder 300 Foxconn employees threatened to commit mass suicide the other day, their Taiwanese boss threats them so badly.

Unfortunately, Foxconn is one of top employers in China and the vast majority of Chinese workers have it worse than Foxconn employees.

Myself has worked in Foxconn personally for 8 months in one of my assignment..Beleive ...they use their labour force worker as simply as a machine. The expectation from them is 20 times more outout than a normal person can perform....So you can understand what will be their situation... ..this is my own experience in Foxcon Plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom