What's new

Fox Guest: Rand Paul Must Prove He’d Nuke a Muslim Country if We Needed

metronome

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
woodhousevwoodhouse.jpg

On Monday morning, Fox & Friends held a lively debate between Brad and Dallas Woodhouse, the modern (and very much bloodless) political equivalent of Civil War “brother against brother” battles.
Brad is a Democratic consultant and the head of American Bridge PAC; Dallas is a Republican strategist and founder of Carolina Rising. The siblings once reached minor fame when they were interrupted by a phone call from their mother during their dramatic C-SPAN battle.

For their joint Monday morning Fox appearance, the pair debated this very Fox & Friendsian question: “Which GOP contender has the Democrats most afraid?” And when the subject turned to Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) — seen by GOP foreign policy hawks as too non-interventionist — here’s what Republican Woodhouse had to say:

[Paul's] sort of worldview may not be fitting the world as a lot of people see it right now. He’s got to prove — in my opinion, Rand Paul’s got to prove that he will nuke a Muslim country if we have to. I’m not saying we should. But I’m saying we will do that if it takes saving America and that there’s no doubt that he will do what it takes to protect America.

“Thank God you’re not running for president,” Democratic Woodhouse said in response.

The blog Crooks & Liars picked up on the clip and just when you’d expect the conservative Woodhouse to suggest the famously liberal website took him out of context, he followed up on Facebook with an affirmation of his views:

“Damn right I said it,” he declared. “I of course meant that Rand Paul has to win over the American (and republican primary) voters on national security. At its core the GOP is a National Security Party. Period. We are not the blame America first crowd. That is my brothers side, not mine.”

“We don’t like war, I don’t like war. We hate war,” he continued. “However we need a POTUS who will do WHATEVER it takes to protect America and her friends including Israel. I never want to see another Nuke used, but If We HAD to like in WW2 then so be it. I want a President willing to keep the option of Nuking the enemy on the table rather than letting THEM get the bomb to terrorize us and threaten and possibility destroy Israel as we know it.”

He concluded: “America First. Whatever it takes. No matter what.”

(Quick question from your humble writer: How does one *prove* you’d nuke a Muslim country? Just say it three times and it magically becomes so?)

Watch the original clip below, via Fox News:

Dallas Woodhouse: Rand Paul Prove He'd Nuke a Muslim Country | Mediaite

These simple and poor Republican souls...

Last edited:
lol

I'm starting to see FOX more like a comedy outlet.I concur with the author ,how do you prove that you'll nuke a country ? Maybe target a small one without resources ,as to not impact global economy to much, just like that,for a show of strenght ?...one like Somalia for example but use a "small nuke" in a remote area,kill "just" "a few hundred thousands" to show manhood and determination ?

Lets hope they don't bomb the wrong country, Americans aren't exactly good at Geography. :sarcastic:

if we didn't nuke USSR in the late 40's and 50's and PRC in the 50's and 60's I doubt we'll just nuke a Muslim country.

I support MAD, but I also believe in a no first strike policy.

if we didn't nuke USSR in the late 40's and 50's and PRC in the 50's and 60's I doubt we'll just nuke a Muslim country.

I support MAD, but I also believe in a no first strike policy.

That's beside the point. The "Republican" Woodhouse wants the-willingness-to-nuke-a-muslim-country as the primary criteria for next Presidency! Combine such ideas with their propensity to deny evolution, global warming, it should make for very interesting Republican Primary debates.

And thanks to rather ineffective policies in some key areas by Prez Obama, I think the Republicans look all set to have it their way, come 2016.

That's beside the point. The "Republican" Woodhouse wants the-willingness-to-nuke-a-muslim-country as the primary criteria for next Presidency! Combine such ideas with their propensity to deny evolution, global warming, it should make for very interesting Republican Primary debates.

And thanks to rather ineffective policies in some key areas by Prez Obama, I think the Republicans look all set to have it their way, come 2016.

on what criteria??? the only Muslim country that officially has the nuke is Pakistan. If Pakistan decided to launch a nuclear attack against the U.S then we have the right to retaliate.

what justifies a nuclear attack??

on what criteria??? the only Muslim country that officially has the nuke is Pakistan. If Pakistan decided to launch a nuclear attack against the U.S then we have the right to retaliate.

what justifies a nuclear attack??

Isn't that exactly the question to Mr. Woodhouse and Republicans at large?

For me, the issues that they seem to fight for and their priorities seem all messed up. Perhaps, its just me!

Republicans are and conservatives are really given a bad name by fools like this and FOX news.

I don't see how in a country with it's literacy rate, with it's HDI ranking, GDP per capita, does a channel like FOX news still receive the kind of ratings it does, apart from the occasional liberal viewer tuning in to watch the usual circus and laugh.

Some horrible head injury/trauma must have occurred sometime in this man's early childhood to make him say something like this.

@C130 , I have to ask, why is Fox News the most watched cable news Channel in USA? Do most Americans share their views with Fox News?

@C130 , I have to ask, why is Fox News the most watched cable news Channel in USA? Do most Americans share their views with Fox News?

It's not just Fox news viewers who's stupidity is to be awed at. The liberal Americans I've come across, Obama-lovers seem to think of him as some sort of mighty revolutionary, and 7 years on, the words 'black president' still somehow manage spew forth out of their uneducated person.

This is something most Americans won't like to hear, but the political spectrum in the US, is very narrow on a lot of things. The debates of the back benchers and supporters may show some ideological differences, but when it comes to running for elections, both have to go to their donors, both have to show themselves worthy through the media (which again is riddled similar problems), both when they get to office have the same system with the same representatives both republican and democrat that were there long before they came to office and will remain long after.

Don't get me wrong, the British system is also becoming ever narrower in terms of the diversity of it's political spectrum, but it is more left, and a tad more liberal, which is to my liking.

Not Fox News, but the Fox Network because of the late-night shows it has, though Fox News is popular too; among boneheads:(.

CNN enjoys a rating increase when there's some major crisis. Airplanes, Tornadoes or Floods in the US. As it has more resources it can draw from to get the "Latest Breaking News".

It's all about ratings. Give the viewers a story you want them to watch. Hell, we'll watch 24 hours of a High-Speed Chase, if that's all CNN showed.

The "Liberal media" is divided. There's CNN, MSNBC, CBS, and Comedy Central compete against eachother. While conservatives only have to watch Fox News.

Back
Top Bottom