What's new

Four rapes in the capital, three involving little girls

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Four rapes have been reported in the past three days in the capital, three involving little girls who knew their attackers.

In a fifth case, a teenager has alleged molestation by her own step-father. All the accused have been arrested.

Just after the youngest accused in the horrific Delhi gangrape was sentenced to three years in a reform home, a nine-year-old has been allegedly raped and brutalized by a neighbor only a few years older.

The girl was attacked in the toilet of her own house. The boy allegedly inserted a water pipe inside the girl, for which she had a surgery. He has been arrested and sent to a juvenile home.

Another nine-year-old was allegedly raped by an auto-driver, Om Prakash, who knew her and often gave her a ride home from school for five rupees.

Om Prakash, 42, allegedly threatened her with a knife, took her to a deserted spot in Ghaziabad and raped her. He later asked another auto-driver to take her home. But the second auto-driver drove straight to the police station after the girl told him what had happened. Om Prakash has been arrested.

In another case where the girl knew her alleged attacker, a 13-year-old has accused her step-father of molesting her in their east Delhi home.

On Sunday evening, a four-year-old girl who had gone to watch TV at a shop near her house was allegedly lured away by a 19-year-old man, Raju, and raped near railway tracks. Raju has been arrested. The police say he works as a carpenter in the area.

In the same area in west Delhi, a woman was sexually assaulted in the slums allegedly by two men who caught her when she was looking for her son. Both men have been arrested.

Four rapes in the capital, three involving little girls | NDTV.com

Capital shame: Four rape cases involving minors reported from Delhi

As many as four cases of abduction and rape have been reported in the national capital, police said today.

In the first incident, an auto-rickshaw driver allegedly abducted a nine-year-old girl from Seemapuri area and raped her near Hindaun river, they said.

The accused identified as Om Prakash has been arrested, a senior police official said.

"The girl used to take auto-rickshaw for Rs five to reach her home everyday. The auto driver had taken her near Hindaun river where she was raped," the senior police official said.

He then hired another auto-rickshaw and told its driver to drop the girl, who lives in UP and studies in a private school in Seemapuri area, at her home.

The girl narrated the whole incident to the second auto driver, who took her to a police station.

In another incident a four-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth in Kirti Nagar area, police said.

The girl, who had gone to watch TV at a grocery store last night was lured by 19-year-old Raju, who took her to railway tracks and allegedly raped her, they said.

Police said a passerby saw the unconscious girl near a railway track and informed them.

In a third incident reported from Kirti Nagar area a 40-year-old woman, who had gone to look for her missing 14-year-old son, was gang raped by a youth and his associate.

The duo, identified as Lallan and Hinamal has been arrested.

"They dragged the woman inside their shanty and raped her," police said.

In another incident, a 12-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by her step-father at their house in East Delhi's Welcome area this afternoon when she was alone at home, they said.

The accused, works as a labour at a tower company in Gurgaon, and was married to the victim's mother for the last four years, police said, adding the accused is absconding and efforts are on to nab him.

Capital shame: Four rape cases involving minors reported from Delhi - India - DNA

I salute the Indian media. :mps:

They are highlighting all that is wrong with us. We have identified the problem. We are working on it. It will take time, so God help us.

But there is a problem. A neighbor faces similar problems - Why Is It So Hard to Try A Rape Case in Pakistan? | Outlawed in Pakistan | FRONTLINE | PBS

Was expecting an Indian to hide behind a report from Pakistan.

However you identified this problem back in 1980 too. Nothing changed since.

Rape-protest-in-1980.jpg

157514_mainimg.jpg

I salute the Indian media. :mps:

They are highlighting all that is wrong with us. We have identified the problem. We are working on it. It will take time, so God help us.

But there is a problem. A neighbor faces similar problems - Why Is It So Hard to Try A Rape Case in Pakistan? | Outlawed in Pakistan | FRONTLINE | PBS

Lets not make it a Vs situation..... Yes we have a problem lets work on that.... Why are you bothered if it gives satisfaction to some one.....In fact we should be happy we have people outside our country who is worried about this issue.... Wrt their problem lets not become a pakistani here, Its not good to be accused for misplaced priorities....:)

Read again. I said a neighbor here faces similar issues. This is not a di** measuring contest. I know that.
Lets not make it a Vs situation..... Yes we have a problem lets work on that.... Why are you bothered if it gives satisfaction to some one.....In fact we should be happy we have people outside our country who is worried about this issue.... Wrt their problem lets not become a pakistani here, Its not good to be accused for misplaced priorities....:)

Like I was expecting a Pakistani to 'celebrate Indian rapes'. Things have changed my friend. Previously people raped with impunity. Now things have changed. At least the taboo of a discussing rape is no longer there. But that said, there are serious issues. On that I agree. A lot more needs to be done.
Was expecting an Indian to hide behind a report from Pakistan.

However you identified this problem back in 1980 too. Nothing changed since.

Rape-protest-in-1980.jpg

157514_mainimg.jpg

Read again. I said a neighbor here faces similar issues. This is not a di** measuring contest. I know that.

I got your message loud and clear.... But you read my post again you will understand what i was upto.... :azn:

Yes. Perhaps coming in the good books of the moderators of our neighbor is your first priority. 'Holier than thou' attitude in display. Good luck.
I got your message loud and clear.... But you read my post again you will understand what i was upto.... :azn:

Some pakistanis here are hypocrites of the highest order. Whenever a new thread on terrorism activities in pakistan is created, it is deleted saying that a sticky thread already exists. However, those same losers don't leave on any opportunity to create a separate thread on rapes, though a sticky thread for rapes exists as well. Don't these low self esteem guys have anything better to do?

Coming back to Topic -

There is a great culture shock many folks face - when people from the villages come to cities. Any suggestions to meet this challenge? Any sane advise is welcome. :angel:

As for reminding us about these stories - it is a necessary evil. Hope this raises awareness. Thanks folks and also @Areesh. :smart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Perhaps coming in the good books of the moderators of our neighbor is your first priority. 'Holier than thou' attitude in display. Good luck.

There are ways to convey message... It cannot be same for everyone....... Well i dont care what moderators think or do.... i am here to put my POV... We both have similar views but i put it differently.... ( i get a feeling you missed my sarcasm in first post)

Like I was expecting a Pakistani to 'celebrate Indian rapes'. Things have changed my friend. Previously people raped with impunity. Now things have changed. At least the taboo of a discussing rape is no longer there. But that said, there are serious issues. On that I agree. A lot more needs to be done.

And where exactly I celebrated rapes in India?

Did I mention you? :whistle:
And it is in quotes - I didn't say that. :) It was a rhetorical statement.
And where exactly I celebrated rapes in India?
@Areesh - In any case pls accept my apologies if you felt my statement was inapt. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom