What's new

Foreign Movies/TV-Serials Depicting Pakistanis

Bilal bhai,

I guess A Mighty Heart was filmed in France and India.

Because of the safety concerns, the Karachi scenes were shot in Mumbai. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

A Mighty Heart (film)

Only the indoor scenes were shot in Mumbai. Almost the outdoor scenes were shot in Pakistan, in Karachi, Islamabad & Rawalpindi.

research properly d!ckHead

Actress Angelina Jolie has said she is "disappointed" at being unable to shoot her latest film in Pakistan.

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Jolie's regret over film location

“I don’t think it would have been possible to make A Mighty Heart without filming in Pakistan,” said Winterbottom. “The whole point of making the film would be lost. We want the audience to trust that they are seeing an accurate account of what happened.”

Pakistan is a challenging environment for filmmakers, as Winterbottom and producer Andrew Eaton learned in 2001 while shooting In This World. “It wasn’t a pleasant time to be there,” said Eaton. “There was a real fear among Pakistan authorities for the safety of Western people working there.”
Eaton knew the pitfalls as he began the process of obtaining official permissions for A Mighty Heart. “Our best ally was Kamal Shah, Secretary of the Interior Ministry,” said the veteran producer. “Shah was head of Sindh (state) police in Karachi when Danny was kidnapped. He understood what the film was trying to do, and felt the portrayal of the collaboration between Pakistan and US authorities ultimately shed a good light on Pakistan.”

The Pakistani actors agreed. “When you read the script and the book, you see a very fair representation in terms of the people who were helping,” said Mikail Lotia, who plays Captain’s young computer expert. “I felt it was worth trying to bring that across on screen.”

Principal photography began with filming in Karachi, Islamabad and Rawalpindi, on the cusp of monsoon season. “We filmed on the streets and in the real locations that Danny went to - the Village Restaurant where he was to meet Imitaz Siddique, the CPLC offices, Cybernet and the Hotel Akbar where he met Bashir,” said Winterbottom. “We stayed at the Sheraton in Karachi (as John Bussey and Steve LeVine did during the search for Daniel Pearl).”
India would serve as the setting for Asra Nomani’s house, the story’s central location. Danny and Mariane stayed there when they visited Karachi, and later, the team searching for Danny made it their headquarters. The house for the film was found in a community called Sindh Society in the city of Pune, home to many Pakistanis. The production spent five weeks at the Pune house, before moving west to Mumbai for several more weeks of work.

www.thecia.com.au/reviews/m/images/mighty-heart-production-notes.rtf

I hope this clears the misconceptions in the minds of the Indians here.

Traffik, British miniseries, showing the heroin business from Pakistan to London & Frankfurt:

Filming in Pakistan is on location. Watch from 7:20 onwards on the first youtube link. Watch from the start to 3:20 on the second youtube link. Filming locations are I believe Peshawar, Karachi & many other locations. Possibly even inside the FATA. It is a very intriguing miniseries, & I have all the episodes of it. Most of the scenes were shot in Pakistan. If anyone wants the episodes, leave me a private message indicating so & an email address to send it to.

Traffik (TV mini-series 1989) - IMDb

Last edited by a moderator:
"Little Mosque on the Prairie" is a show about the Muslim community in a small Canadian town. None of the charactors was ever identified as a Pakistani national, or as having Pakistan as a "mother country". If anyone has seen it, did you identify any of the charactors as being Pakistani?

what about the german movie Nanga Parbat " The killer mountain " :devil:

"Little Mosque on the Prairie" is a show about the Muslim community in a small Canadian town. None of the charactors was ever identified as a Pakistani national, or as having Pakistan as a "mother country". If anyone has seen it, did you identify any of the charactors as being Pakistani?

The site linked on 1st post on thread also has links to episodes of "Little Mosque on the Prairie",,, that's good one too... Do watch it...

We can share movies & TV serials depicting Pakistan or Pakistanis...
-
I start with comedy "Aliens in America"...
Quite funny , worth watching...

episode-1
-
other episodes can be found on same site...
Real Life exchange student's mother visits her Pakistani "son" ...
-

Vertical Limit, a film depicting Pakistan Army rescuing some Westerns on an expidition to K2, the killer mountain...

Who can forget the Pakistani nuclear engineer MIT grad from "peacemaker" starring george clooney..
One has to hand it to hollywood.. for making Pakistani's the most brilliant villans ever.

"Toughest Mountain In The World"
Even though it's 2nd tallest, but difficulty-wise it's MOST difficult to climb...
-
-
Trailer:-
-

-
-
What's the name of this actor from Quetta-Center...???
-

Nanga Parbat is the toughest mountain on earth The Killer Mountain :devil: Graveyard of german Climbers :devil: Killed Many Great Climbers there is huge list to whome nanga parbat killed and in Its Size wise Nanga Parbat is the biggest Mountain its mighty :devil:

Back
Top Bottom