What's new

Forces must be equipped with dynamic cyber warfare tools: Kalam

Daedalus

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Noting that cyber attacks could cause destruction on an unprecedented scale, former president APJ Abdul Kalam on Thursday stressed on the need to equip future officers of armed forces to envisage and combat technology-driven warfare.
"The whole war environment will be a network centric warfare and it could be electronically controlled. Sometimes space encounters, deep sea encounters and ballistic missile encounters.
"The winner of future warfare will be the officer who can visualise the strength of the enemy not based on the earlier war but based on the current capacities and technology advancements in the global scenario," Kalam said, after the convocation ceremony at the Military College of Electronics and Mechanical Engineering (MCEME) in Hyderabad.
"Our armed forces officers will have to get trained in virtual reality-based, simulated warfares of all the terrains and extreme conditions of the warfare," he said.
The key to becoming a strong nation is to have economic and military strength together, he said.
"India is capable of technological advancements. We have developed expertise alongwith technology in remote-sensing, communication satellites, strategic missile system, electronic warfare system, LCA, naval system among others.
"There is a need to integrate all the technologies and build an indigenous system which will meet the needs of the defence services of our country," he said.
Referring to cyber warfare and challenges, he said in an electronically-connected world, many nations will be endangered in future due to cyber war which can create destruction effortlessly at the speed of light that even Intercontinental Ballistic Missile and other nuclear weapons can become insignificant.
"Nowadays, nations have electronically connected in all the economic, defence and national security establishments which would be the target for cyber attacks during a conflict or to create instabilities," he said, adding that a country can get defeated without a missile or aircraft attack just through intelligence cyber war.
Kalam said, "In technology-centric crimes and war, the crime may originate from a strange place outside the nation shores and may damage the organisational wealth which will be in digital form."
If information is not handled in a secure way, it can be intercepted and even modified, he said and stressed the need to put in place a system which can detect vulnerabilities and respond to the security loopholes dynamically in the event of cyber attacks.
Along with different kinds of warfare, the tools of war have also changed to economic competition, control of market forces, essential items like energy, he said, adding that in the next two decades, anti-ballistic defence systems are going to be a major force.
Earlier, the former President conferred degrees and awards to the engineering graduates. A total of 22 officers of 92 Degree Engineering Course and 22 officers of 19 Technical Entry Scheme Course were awarded Bachelor of Technology Degree from the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi during the convocation ceremony.
MCEME Commandant Lt Gen S M Mehta also spoke on the occasion.

Forces must be equipped with dynamic cyber warfare tools: Kalam - Hindustan Times

What is your problem?

What I see is what you don't. A failure on multiple levels that shows we lack strategic depth and planning. This should have been noted and recognized decades ago. Only now, are we considering such a move? What about the last decade? Even we lacked the tech and resources, a plan should have been set in motion to establish parity asap.

Excuse me? What is your problem? I merely pointed out that a child has more insight than our f-king govt. That's all.

Every now and then you are bashing govt. Before giving some nonsense comments look for when Internet arriveed in India. When technologies arrived in India. Stop spreading communism in every thread.

What I see is what you don't. A failure on multiple levels that shows we lack strategic depth and planning. This should have been noted and recognized decades ago. Only now, are we considering such a move? What about the last decade? Even we lacked the tech and resources, a plan should have been set in motion to establish parity asap.

You didn't see anything. If you did have foresight of future, why didn't you stay in India and joined politics.

Every now and then you are bashing govt. Before giving some nonsense comments look for when Internet arriveed in India. When technologies arrived in India. Stop spreading communism in every thread.

I dont care if I bash India, Pakistan or China. I care about India more than you. I am willing to look closely at the facts so that we correct them for a better future. The real problem is when we sweep away these issues and refuse to learn from it.

The history of the Internet in India started with launch of services by VSNL on 15 August 1995. This refers to public access. Regardless of internet and tech, our govt is not doing its job if it is not taking note of new technologies and trying to comprehend the effect it will have on society in multiple spheres. Be proactive not reactive. Having a uneducated politican leading sensitive posts is part of the problem.

Strategic failure predicated by our needs and glaring deficiencies. Blaming the government doesn't work..the blame lies with Indians..with me. We hound them for everything and often they do provide..you see me and mine for hounding them for 24/7 electricity..now all this summer I've had a power cut lasting for only 1 hour and that too only once..I didn't demand that we are willing to forgo certain things so that our forces can be equipped.

And if you think that our government is filled with dunderheads..where do you think initiatives such as the IRNSS and A-5 came from? NOT from YOU or ME. So lets not politicize EVERYTHING under the sun.

I dont care if I bash India, Pakistan or China. I care about India more than you. I am willing to look closely at the facts so that we correct them for a better future. The real problem is when we sweep away these issues and refuse to learn from it.

The history of the Internet in India started with launch of services by VSNL on 15 August 1995. This refers to public access. Regardless of internet and tech, our govt is not doing its job if it is not taking note of new technologies and trying to comprehend the effect it will have on society in multiple spheres. Be proactive not reactive. Having a uneducated politican leading sensitive posts is part of the problem.

Staying thousands of miles away caring about India more than me. Stop your nonsense. can you give me a single post of yours where you didn't bash Govt. ? I say single post. I say you don't know anything about India.

Staying thousands of miles away caring about India more than me. Stop your nonsense. can you give me a single post of yours where you didn't bash Govt. ? I say single post. I say you don't know anything about India.

i do more a 1000 miles away while you live there. So plz stfu, you don;t what you re talking about.

Strategic failure predicated by our needs and glaring deficiencies. Blaming the government doesn't work..the blame lies with Indians..with me. We hound them for everything and often they do provide..you see me and mine for hounding them for 24/7 electricity..now all this summer I've had a power cut lasting for only 1 hour and that too only once..I didn't demand that we are willing to forgo certain things so that our forces can be equipped.

And if you think that our government is filled with dunderheads..where do you think initiatives such as the IRNSS and A-5 came from? NOT from YOU or ME. So lets not politicize EVERYTHING under the sun.

Of course, it comes down to ppl to some degree. But when the govt fails to educate them and teach them how to embrace democracy, the we truly know where the fault lies. Electricity is one thing and an important one at that but national security is a completely different ball game where the citizen input is nil. This is entirely up to the govt to perform properly.

i do more a 1000 miles away while you live there. So plz stfu, you don;t what you re talking about.

Of course, it comes down to ppl to some degree. But when the govt fails to educate them and teach them how to embrace democracy, the we truly know where the fault lies. Electricity is one thing and an important one at that but national security is a completely different ball game where the citizen input is nil. This is entirely up to the govt to perform properly.
Is that so? The government is supposed to educate us about democracy?

OR "educate" us at all hunh?

Do you know this nifty little program called the "serva shiksha abhiyan"? Anyway..surprise surprise..the villagers decided they'd rather use the school building for stabling cows in certain villages..cows being holy trump children getting educated. Know how I know this, maybe coz my dad framed the damn nation wide program. Left it too when he saw the unmitigated disaster..tough luck..not a single program's ever worked...COZ OF US..MORE OF THE BLAME LIES ON OUR SHOULDERS THAN THAT OF THE GOVERNMENT..AS I SAID..ME AND MY COUNTRY MEN!

Just a little example the above..the government can't bend your mind or change who you are.

Is that so? The government is supposed to educate us about democracy?

OR "educate" us at all hunh?

Do you know this nifty little program called the "serva shiksha abhiyan"? Anyway..surprise surprise..the villagers decided they'd rather use the school building for stabling cows in certain villages..cows being holy trump children getting educated. Know how I know this, maybe coz my dad framed the damn nation wide program. Left it too when he saw the unmitigated disaster..tough luck..not a single program's ever worked...COZ OF US..MORE OF THE BLAME LIES ON OUR SHOULDERS THAN THAT OF THE GOVERNMENT..AS I SAID..ME AND MY COUNTRY MEN!

Just a little example the above..the government can't bend your mind or change who you are.

Listen we don't have to follow the Western model on everything. India is a new democracy and its ppl has never had any experience with it. Find what works for us. Why wouldn't tweak the current democractic system if it doesn't work perfectly? Why do we insist on following the sme laws of the British 150 yrs ago? Certain things you don't give a choice when it comes down to matters of national security. Make primary education MANDATORY. You are complaining of villagers who may not have a clue of the significance and cannot fathom the benefits. As a result, they are stuck in a vicious cycle.

If you continue to use a fine distinction as to what a govt should and not do, we will never be tackle our problems wholeheartedly. All Im saying is to provide the necessary basic building blocks to help establish a firm foundation fo future success. Do what is in the best interest of nation.

I do not know what that program is but I will try to look it up. Thanks. I agree parents are partly to blame but this is why govt intervention is needed to correct backwardness and push forward quicker and efficiently.

Stay out of my country you commie. f**k up.

Same to you.......listen don;t comment on my posts if you cannot comprehend it. Move along ****** and its my f-king country. Go rape a lil girl, that;s all you are good for.

Listen we don't have to follow the Western model on everything. India is a new democracy and its ppl has never had any experience with it. Find what works for us. Why wouldn't tweak the current democractic system if it doesn't work perfectly? Why do we insist on following the sme laws of the British 150 yrs ago? Certain things you don't give a choice when it comes down to matters of national security. Make primary education MANDATORY. You are complaining of villagers who may not have a clue of the significance and cannot fathom the benefits. As a result, they are stuck in a vicious cycle.

If you continue to use a fine distinction as to what a govt should and not do, we will never be tackle our problems wholeheartedly. All Im saying is to provide the necessary basic building blocks to help establish a firm foundation fo future success. Do what is in the best interest of nation.

I do not know what that program is but I will try to look it up. Thanks. I agree parents are partly to blame but this is why govt intervention is needed to correct backwardness and push forward quicker and efficiently.

Same to you.......listen don;t comment on my posts if you cannot comprehend it. Move along ****** and its my f-king country. Go rape a lil girl, that;s all you are good for.

How old are you? You seems like not mature enough. What do you know about India? As far as rape concerned I am not that kind of guy and I hate rapists more than you can imagine with your little brain.

Listen we don;t have to follow the Western model on everything. Find what works for us. Why wouldn't tweak the current democractic system if it doesn't work perfectly? Certain things you don;t give a choice when it comes down to matters of national security. Make primary education MANDATORY. You are complaining of villagers who may not have a clue of th significance and cannot fathom the benefits. As a result, they are stuck in a vicious cycle.

I do not know what that program is but I will try to look it up. Thanks.

And that's where your logic is flawed.

Democracy works perfectly fine. AND its not as "western" as you think it is.

Villagers don't have a clue hunh? The said same villagers also went to the zilla parishad and forced them into building them a road quicker than my society office's letter got the MCD to clean up the dumpsters in my society...they know their rights pretty well when it suits them.

Lets not single out the villagers shall we..lets look at the holiest river in India which flows through plenty of urban and civilized cities and even the holiest of our cities. Let me give you a hint..ever seen floating corpses decomposing while people take a bath just a few meters away from them?

This is us..and its all of US.

As I said, governments don't change people but people constitute and elect the government.

By any chance do you appreciate Japanese precision, I know its old but still..their society..efficiency..quite a wonder no? AND an example that has been quoted so many times that it has become one of the worst cliches. Here's whats not quoted ever..the reason- "The ancients who wished to illustrate illustrious virtue throughout the world, first ordered well their own States. Wishing to order well their States, they first regulated their families. Wishing to regulate their families, they first cultivated their persons. Wishing to cultivate their persons, they first rectified their hearts....." That's a quote...figure it out.

Oh and that quote applies universally..got nothing to do with just Nippon.

Back
Top Bottom