What's new

For Tagore birth anniversary, India and Bangladesh plan joint celebrations

A special VIP invitation will be sent out to Al Zakir. Such a fan of Tagore that he is.

Thank you for the honor. I accept your invitation and I will urge Bharat nawaz La-Hasina to replace BD's national poet from Kazi Nazrul Islam to Rabinda nath tagore. I mean after all Bd's national anthem is written by him.

Many Bengali intellectual does not concider Najrul real Bengali poet since he diluted original Bangla language wih heavy doses of farsi and Urdu. Now a days, he is being side line by present government. So I think it's time to free him from the misery of humiliation.

I wonder if any Bangladeshi remember that R Tagore opposed the establishment of Dhaka university because he thought Muslim were just good for working at paddyfield.

What the hell Nawab salimullah thinkig? He should not have help to build that university because Muslim didn't leran to become self proud people. Their brain has not developed enough to disguish between own vs their. I feel sorry for people like salimullah.

Lol... Al Zakir... Do you have any plan to travel on the train....???? Or any plan to celebrate tagore's birth day any time or you are completely against any birth day celebration whether it is of kazi nazruls or of tagores....

but I think bd government should not have associated it self with the bhartis to celebrate this birth day... As bhartis never associated it self to celebrate birth day of kazi nazrul Islam despite his contribution in the freedom movement against the British.

Lol... Al Zakir... Do you have any plan to travel on the train....???? Or any plan to celebrate tagore's birth day any time or you are completely against any birth day celebration whether it is of kazi nazruls or of tagores....

but I think bd government should not have associated it self with the bhartis to celebrate this birth day... As bhartis never associated it self to celebrate birth day of kazi nazrul Islam despite his contribution in the freedom movement against the British.

http://www.ilovekolkata.in/index.php/News/Nazrul-s-111th-birthday-celebrated.html

The 111th birthday of rebel poet Kazi Nazrul Islam was celebrated at his ancestral village of Churulia in West Bengal's Burdwan district today.

Nazrul, who is the national poet of Bangladesh, had become a resident of that country in his last years.

Memorial and cultural functions were held by Nazrul Academy along with West Bengal government and local organisations to celebrate the day.

A week-long 32nd Nazrul Mela was inaugurated on the occasion.

The Mela, which would feature dance, music, drama, recitation programmes and discussions on the life and work of the poet, would be participated by groups from Bangladesh, Barak Valley of Assam, Dhanbad and Kolkata, the organisers said.

@ Abir bro don't we have a metro station in Kolkatta named after Kazi Nazrul?

I was often surprised at the sacred strength with which Tagore translated his huge disaster to the immortal song of praise.I know the song of Tagore would still be sounded in the readers' souls of generation after generation……

Kazi Nazrul Islam was born and brought up in West Bengal India. He was from a zamindar family.

He should not be the favourite of Al Zakir because he composed Shama Sangeet, bhajans and kirtans, often merging Islamic and Hindu values.

His songs are based on baul, jhumur, Santhali folksongs, jhanpan or the folk songs of snake charmers, bhatiali and bhaoaia consist of tunes of folk-songs on the one hand and a refined lyric with poetic beauty on the other.

After the liberation of Bangladesh, at the request of the Bangladesh Government the government of India agreed (since we was seriously unwell) to allow Nazrul to be taken to reside in Bangladesh with his family. He arrived on 24 May 1972 as guest of the Government of Bangladesh and was accorded due honours.

He married Pramila Debi.

One of my favourite songs is his composition sung by Feroza Begum - Mor ghumo ghorey ele Manohar.....

[video]http://www.oonly.com/video/a5ug1F_vU-s/Nazrul_Song_Mor_Ghumo_Ghore_Elo_Monohor.html[/video]

well it is not true,kazi nazrul islam is famous in west bengal.after tagore, he is the most read poet in Bengal

Why people outside India have only India bashing knowledge or just they dont want to see anything good about India. I am talking about Kazi Nazrul Islam.... He is also famous in WB too but people of BD just think we do partiality only regarding religion. Just they want to think this to satisfy themselves that they are doing well with separate nation. of course they could do better than India and I wish you go ahead and be the best in region. It will be in our interest with developed and good neighbour. But dont blame us without any knowledge that what we do here. Kazi Nazrul Islam is very famous here and yes bengali community like him as Bengali revolutionary Poet only not for any religion. Bengali community is one of the first open minded community of India who left discrimination so far. Caste system and Religionless marry, intercaste marriage is very common here than other parts of India.

Why people outside India have only India bashing knowledge or just they dont want to see anything good about India. I am talking about Kazi Nazrul Islam.... He is also famous in WB too but people of BD just think we do partiality only regarding religion. Just they want to think this to satisfy themselves that they are doing well with separate nation. of course they could do better than India and I wish you go ahead and be the best in region. It will be in our interest with developed and good neighbour. But dont blame us without any knowledge that what we do here. Kazi Nazrul Islam is very famous here and yes bengali community like him as Bengali revolutionary Poet only not for any religion. Bengali community is one of the first open minded community of India who left discrimination so far. Caste system and Religionless marry, intercaste marriage is very common here than other parts of India.

its only on PDF....Rabindra nath tagore was a Hindu from west bengal and still Bangladesh's national anthem is one of tagore's work.
you will see this hatred as long as there are some idiots for whom religion is bigger than humanity.

Kazi Nazrul Islam was born and brought up in West Bengal India. He was from a zamindar family.

He should not be the favourite of Al Zakir because he composed Shama Sangeet, bhajans and kirtans, often merging Islamic and Hindu values.

His songs are based on baul, jhumur, Santhali folksongs, jhanpan or the folk songs of snake charmers, bhatiali and bhaoaia consist of tunes of folk-songs on the one hand and a refined lyric with poetic beauty on the other.

After the liberation of Bangladesh, at the request of the Bangladesh Government the government of India agreed (since we was seriously unwell) to allow Nazrul to be taken to reside in Bangladesh with his family. He arrived on 24 May 1972 as guest of the Government of Bangladesh and was accorded due honours.

He married Pramila Debi.

One of my favourite songs is his composition sung by Feroza Begum - Mor ghumo ghorey ele Manohar.....

[video]http://www.oonly.com/video/a5ug1F_vU-s/Nazrul_Song_Mor_Ghumo_Ghore_Elo_Monohor.html[/video]

Feroza Begum did a lot to bring Nazrul Geeti to the ears of common listeners. And they are all masterpieces. AFAIK, nobody else sang as many Kazi Nazrul's songs (on the Indian side of the border) as she did. Though I was introduced to Nazrul songs by Dilip Kumar Roy (son of D.L. Roy) years ago.

Back
Top Bottom