For Engineers, Join Pakistan Army As Captain Through Short Service Commission

Bilal_99

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Qualification / Age:

Category of SelectionQualificationAGE
Information, Communication & Technology Officers (ICTOs)� BE (Computer Software , Computer System , Electrical, Telecom )

� BS(IT)

� Bachelors (Hons) in Geographical Information System (GIS)

� BCS / BS(CS) (Network System / Networking) 4 Year degree28 years

On 1st March 2014
Common Features:
  • Min CGPA 2.5 out of 4 or Min 62.5% Marks in annual system.
  • No 3rd Division or Grade D and only one 2nd Division / Grade C throughout the academic career.
  • The applicant must have completed 4 years engineering degree in above mentioned disciplines irrespective of MSc/ MCS.
  • Candidates only graduated from HEC/PEC recognized universities or foreign universities recognized by PEC.
  • Candidates possessing MSc/MS degree and 2-3 years work experience will be given preference.
  • A candidate with specific higher qualification is eligible, even if he is twice rejected by ISSB for PMA/ Graduate Course or equivalent Naval IPAF Courses.
  • Appearing candidates can also apply on "HOPE Certificates" duly issued by Head of the universities I institutions. However, such candidates must submit final degree I transcript by 15 January 2014, otherwise they will not be considered in final merit

Martial Status:
  • Married/Unmarried

Nationality:
  • Citizens of Pakistan and domicile holders of Azad Kashmir / Gilgit Biltistan. Upon final selection, candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistani.

Physical Standards:
  • Minimum Height
    5' - 4" (162.5 cm)

• Weight
    As per the Body Mass Index

Ineligibility Conditions

• A candidate with specific higher qualification, who is rejected once by ISSB for PMA / Graduate Course or equivalent Naval I PAF Courses and once rejected for specific higher qualification entry, will not be eligible for third chance.
  • Candidates permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board (AMB).
  • Candidates declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C (AMB cannot be requested).
  • Candidates declared unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital except those cleared by AMB.
  • Candidates tested within four months (120 days) gap of previous appearance (For Not Recommended candidates).
  • Candidates tested within one year validity period, as validity of ISSB/GHQ/AHQ selection board stands for one year.
  • Candidates withdrawn from any Academy I Training Institution of Armed Forces on any ground.
  • Candidates withdrawn from any bonded Armed Forces colleges / institutions on disciplinary grounds.
  • Candidates dismissed / removed / debarred from Govt Services including Armed Forces.
  • Candidates convicted in a Court of Law for an offence involving moral turpitude.
  • Candidates who will temper his academic certificates, conceal or give wrong info to gain undue advantage, his candidature will be cancelled and declared permanently ineligible for all types of commission in the Armed Forces.
  • Candidates who have not completed 4 years engineering degree in given disciplines irrespective of MSc/MCS.

Registration and Preliminary Selection Procedure
Candidates can either register through Internet or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centres AS&RCs. Following procedure will be adopted:-

Registration Through Internet:
  • A candidate can register on website www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk. Date and time of test shall be intimated on internet, for which the individual should have an e-mail account. Candidates will report on exact date and time given for preliminary test on computerized roll no slip. Date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along documents mentioned in Para 6 and will pay prospectus fee on the day of test. Candidates MUST attain working knowledge of computer as registration and tests will be conducted on computers.

Registration At AS&RCs:
  • Candidates may report at nearest AS&RCs for registration / allotment of roll no alongwith necessary documents mentioned in Para 6 and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities. Candidates will bring these documents on the day of test as well.

Schedule Of Registration / Preliminary Tests:
Registration and Preliminary Tests will held as per announced schedule.

Written / Intelligence Tests:
Registration and Preliminary Tests will held as per following schedule:-

• Written / Intelligence tests based on multiple choice questions will be conducted at AS&RCs as per announced schedule:
    Preliminary : 19 - 22 November 2013

Preliminary Medical Tests:
  • Candidates will undergo initial medical test at AS&RCs.

Physical Tests:
Candidates are required to qualify following physical tests as under:-

(1)1.6 km Run- 9 Minutes.
(2)Push Ups- 10 Repetitions in 2 Minutes.
(3)Sit Ups- 10 Repetitions in 2 Minutes.
(4)Chin Ups- 2 Repetitions in 2 Minutes.
(5)Ditch Crossing- 7'4" x 7'4'' with a Depth of 4'.

ISSB Tests:
Shortlisted candidates will receive intimation for ISSB tests through website as well as call up letters.

Further Selection:
Only short listed candidates will be called for ISSB Tests/ Interviews through website as well as call up letters. ISSB recommended candidates will be interviewed by GHQ Selection Board at Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi. Detailed medical examination of ISSB recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs. Final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of overall performance of candidates.

Basic Military Training at Engineers Centre, RISALPUR
6 Months

Documents Required At AS&RCs

• Original certificates/detailed marks sheets alongwith two attested photocopies of each educational certificate/degree/diploma.
  • Original certificates / detailed Marks Sheets alongwith two attested photocopies of each educational certificate / degree / diploma.
  • Candidates serving in Govt Institutions/ Departments will render No Objection Certificate of the concerned establishment.
  • Attested photo copy of domicile.
  • Photo copies of Computerized National Identity Card.
  • 6 x colour photos duly attested (1 x front and 5 x back).
  • Crossed postal order of Rs. 100.00 in favour of Director General Personnel Administration (DGPA), GHQ Rawalpindi.

BOND

• Finally selected candidates will be required to sign a bond to serve the Army for a minimum period of 7 years. The applicability of bond will commence on successful completion of basic military training.

Hello everyone
I have BE Electrical and willing to apply for the commission in military. my query is that the job asked here is for Information, communication and technology officers (ICTO) as they have also said for BE Electrical while I want to go in EME core because I think EME officers go for the machinery and ordinance factory while ICTO are just for communication and networking work mean i personally want to join automation, machinery type work that is my passion. so what you guys suggest that will it matter to wait for the posts of eme or the above given (ICTO) will provide me the desired work in field.
Because before this ad electrical engineers were only demanded for EME while ICTO were IT and geo informatics etc.
Please Help. 
Its Ranks Also Goes Same Like As They Are After (PMA)??
yes they are same as after PMA L/C though it is Short service commission but all facilitates and ranks will be the same but the chances to go to higher ranks through short service commission is very tough.

Last edited:
@junaid Can You Tell Me Some Info About EME???
EME stands for core of "Electrical & mechanical Engineers" while ICTO stands for "information, communication and technology officers" I do not know the clear difference between these two branches if you look to the ad posted by Army in july 2013 there ICTO and EME are mentioned as different categories, electrical engineers are demanded in EME not in ICTO but this time they asked BE electrical for ICTO. now my query for which I am looking answer; are they different according to their duty or same.???

further you can look to this link
http://www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk/AWPReview/TextContent.aspx?pId=278&rnd=485

EME stands for core of "Electrical & mechanical Engineers" while ICTO stands for "information, communication and technology officers" I do not know the clear difference between these two branches if you look to the ad posted by Army in july 2013 there ICTO and EME are mentioned as different categories, electrical engineers are demanded in EME not in ICTO but this time they asked BE electrical for ICTO. now my query for which I am looking answer; are they different according to their duty or same.???

further you can look to this link
http://www.pakistanarmy.gov.pk/AWPReview/TextContent.aspx?pId=278&rnd=485
May Be This Ad Is For BE Electrical(Electronics) ???

Hi, can anyone please tell me how strict the GPA requirement for SHORT COURSE is, e-g Can there be any flexibility if someone is falling short of "2.5" ?
THank you.

Hello!
I want to work as Engineer in Army but need to know that after matric, what subject I should take pre-engineering? What should be benefit for me?

Hello!
I want to work as Engineer in Army but need to know that after matric, what subject I should take pre-engineering? What should be benefit for me?

You should go for pre-medical if you want to join as an engineer and benefit will be that you will get few thousands salary (If you gets selected.)

aoa
please do let me know one thing please ...
i did my Bachelor in GEOLOGY and i attended short courses for GIS in my uni ... am i eligible to apply for PAK ARMY????

aoa
i did my Bachelor in GEOLOGY and i attended short courses for GIS in my uni ... am i eligible for joining?

aoa
i did my Bachelor in GEOLOGY and i attended short courses for GIS in my uni ... am i eligible to apply for PAK ARMY????

aoa
i did my Bachelor in GEOLOGY and i attended short courses for GIS in my uni ... am i eligible for joining?

@Icarus @fatman17 @Rashid Mahmood

navy has the same procedure for electronics and industrial engineers.... the problem is they only selects 5 to 6 persons out of 90 candidates ... o_O ...

Back
Top Bottom