What's new

Flying Soon! LCA NLP-1

sudhir007

Reaction score
Tarmak007 -- A bold blog on Indian defence: Flying Soon! LCA NLP-1

Np2.jpg

NP1.jpg

Flying soon -- that's the best and safe way to report. There are some last-minute concerns, which are being addressed now. Sources point to two actuators (may be more) which had developed snags. Then there are landing-gear battles ADA-HAL-Navy teams are currently engaged in. These are first-time developments and we need to be patient. Will it fly this week? Is it planned for March 29? Just speculations. All the best to Team NP-1.

:victory::victory::victory:

which engine will it be using? F 404 or 414? I think 404 will be too underpowered for taking off from a AC

Im afraid this plane has come far too late. The mig 29K is the current platform the for naval air arm. The Rafale is likely coming after that. The LCA Navy may help in creating a naval AMCA however, so it still serves a purpose as a tech demonstrator/stepping stone at the least.

I think LCA cannot take AESA radar. Just look at the nose, it looks way to small for that.

I think LCA cannot take AESA radar. Just look at the nose, it looks way to small for that.

Structural changes would be made If India has any plans to fix AESA on LCA. There is a separate program running for AESA on LCA.

AESA on LCA not req.

Naval version of Rafale, F35 are better options.

Im afraid this plane has come far too late. The mig 29K is the current platform the for naval air arm. The Rafale is likely coming after that. The LCA Navy may help in creating a naval AMCA however, so it still serves a purpose as a tech demonstrator/stepping stone at the least.

What Is NLCA: A point defence interceptor and limited ground attack capability from sea.

Why NLCA: Carrier base operation is not cakewalk. India need some know how before we will go for Fifth generation Naval fighter. So NLCA will provide launch pad for future program.
Though MiG29 is with us, but incase in war we loose half MiG29K fleet, our AC will be of no use. In that case NLCA can fill the gap.

When NLCA? : by 2014-15 DRDO/HAL should be capable of launching LCA from deck of Vikadi or VikrantI.

when we can hope to see NLP -7 ?

Probably when our Politicians will become allergic to corruption.......till then it will be in this "flying soon" state.......

Believe me.....LCA is ready....so is ARJUN.....but none of them will be inducted(the kick-backs from foreign deals is too hard to resist)

Probably when our Politicians will become allergic to corruption.......till then it will be in this "flying soon" state.......

Believe me.....LCA is ready....so is ARJUN.....but none of them will be inducted(the kick-backs from foreign deals is too hard to resist)

Arjun will not be inducted??? It already has sir.

Arjun will not be inducted??? It already has sir.

124+124 is not a good number sir. I hope you remember how Arjuna engine was sabotaged by Indian army. No one in world believe in Indian army lie that Arjuna engine failed.

Note: That engine was tested and used in Germany. And we all know German machinery are best in class. Infact Germans were surprised, how there engine failed.

I agree with "oFFbEAT " These machine is ready, but our defense procurer are unwilling to take it.

124+124 is not a good number sir. I hope you remember how Arjuna engine was sabotaged by Indian army. No one in world believe in Indian army lie that Arjuna engine failed.

Note: That engine was tested and used in Germany. And we all know German machinery are best in class. Infact Germans were surprised, how there engine failed.

I agree with "oFFbEAT " These machine is ready, but our defense procurer are unwilling to take it.

Well you cannot blame the Army.If you can remember, Mig-21's Used Heaters instead of AC's because they were made in Russia for there Cold conditions, and Like Wise the German Engines were made according to there battle scenarios and conditions not necessarily suitable for our Deserts. Although the numbers are not good, but the money invested in R&D has been redeemed. Not all TD's get the desired result as The Arjun Achieved.

Back
Top Bottom