What's new

'Flying Sikh': Indian sprinter Milkha Singh biopic set for release

Why do you have to post something like this? It only leads to a flame thread. :hitwall:

Probably quite a few scenes of the movies Pakistanis won't like...... that's the reason it's banned in Pakistan. Basically it's an Indian patriotic movie. But nothing such as Olympic gold has been shown. Whatever has been shown mostly are facts related to Milkha Singh's life. It's also kind of inspiring and mainly a tribute to a great Indian sportsman. :)

And you know right Bollywood unnecessarily exaggerates few things specially when related to Pakistan to make it a hit in India. I think those should be reduced now. Specially I think partition related movies should be stopped as it aggravates emotions and hate.

Moreover the roles of 2 Pakistani actors were specifically chosen I guess. Meesha Shafi plays the role of an Indian Olympian and Art Malik plays the role of Milkha Singh's father, a sardar who was killed during partition.

there were many mitakes in movie.......of which 3 i remember
1...he went to pakistan in 1960 passing through bsf checkpost...but bsf was formed in 1965 :lol:
2...the model of bullet they show in 1960 he rides in pakistan...wasnt available at that tym....
3...hey hav shown pakistan wagah border gate that is present in 2013...but the fact is till 1960 the gate wasnt developed as such

That's true Bro! .... but anyways we can ignore those, as that's a part of Bollywood and enjoy the masala! :)

its a movie dude... normal people cant understand these stuff of it its not show this way... we are into defence... hand off us... not everyone... even titanic had 17 mistakes. ... so?????? try to look brighter side... no offence

yeah bro i knw......refer to post 10 i said it is an awesum movie.......was just sharing my observation with friends who hav seen the movie on pdf :)
he is a true flying sikh! nd hatts off to the actor FARHAN AKHTAR!

That's true Bro! .... but anyways we can ignore those, as that's a part of Bollywood and enjoy the masala! :)

yeah nd it was a great movement when he won his last race the whole theatr stood up nd clapped i saw almost every one crying in b/w the movie......i was with friends....including girls...so tried hard to keep my eyes dry :lol: ...but couldnt stop it cming.......

yeah bro i knw......refer to post 10 i said it is an awesum movie.......was just sharing my observation with friends who hav seen the movie on pdf :)
he is a true flying sikh! nd hatts off to the actor IRFAN AKHTAR!

yeah nd it was a great movement when he won his last race the whole theatr stood up nd clapped i saw almost every one crying in b/w the movie......i was with friends....including girls...so tried hard to keep my eyes dry :lol: ...but couldnt stop it cming.......

Uska naam Farhan Akhtar hai :hitwall:

damn inspiring movie!..really loved it, especially the race scenes were shot very well , farhan akhtar ran like a real athlete, its understandable bcz i heard on news he put in two and a half years for the role...he deserves a national award for this movie.

he is a true flying sikh! nd hatts off to the actor FARHAN AKHTAR!

Wow!! same here.... all started clapping in the theater.......when he won the race.... and second time when the movie ended!!

Just yesterday night went to watch the movie in Bandra W multiplex. Oh man! what a movie you have made on the life of the real man. Awesome movie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to see very few movies based on partition & all are best. In the multiplex there was a girl behind me always disturbing. In my row(3rd from behind in balcony) there was one 1 Sikh family. they were really crying loud just like me. Every person was weeping on sometimes. & when any scene with heroines was there, just don't ask what was happening there, so loud & fun voices from every one. Even girls were commenting continuously. Movie didn't touch my heart but moved my soul. Receiving same comments on my fb page. Bole to paisa vasool movie with some past informtion.

1. The film is not yet available in Canada. But I had known about Milkha. He is a tremendous guy. A man who never lost his pride in being a soldier.

2. Those were the days when Indo-Pak athletes were not characterized by an absence from the list of medal winners. Brig Odham, was doing a fine job in Pakistan. Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and World Military Games used to see Pakistan somewhere near the top. Havildar Khaleq, Ghulam Raziq, Sub Mohd Iqbal (hammer throw), Sub Razzak and Capt Hanif Malik (hurdles) are some names I can recollect. Hockey was always there, and was never lost after Nasir Bunda had scored a winning goal against India.Balbir Singh was India's hockey ace.

77 wins out of 80 races,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

OMG he is a superman considering today Indian athletes have to fight to just qualify for Olympics and world championships...

Milkha’s biopic director wants film screened in Pakistan
NEW DELHI: Indian director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra who just directed Bhaag Milkha Bhaag said on Tuesday that he is planning to release the film in Pakistan, The Hindu reported.
“One of my Pakistani friends had tears in his eyes after watching the film and he was confident that it will bring the two countries closer together,” said the director.
The film is based on a yesteryear’s star athlete Milkha Singh, who was also known as the “Flying Sikh”.
“I was fascinated by Milkha right from childhood. I came across his autobiography in Gurmukhi. His son Jeev was instrumental in getting us the film’s rights,” said the director.
Mehra said that Farhan Akhtar, who plays the character of Milkha will also be visiting Pakistan along with the rest of the crew.
The director asserted that making the film was a challenge and forced him to “sell my Gurgaon flat and my wife’s shares,”. However, it is an important story, he added.
The film plays upon the theme of Partition and will have Milkha participating in a sports event in Pakistan. After all, the sobriquet of the “Flying Sikh” was given to the athlete by General Ayub Khan.
“Farhan will always be remembered for immortalising Milkha Singh on the screen just like Amjad Khan was known as Gabbar Singh in Sholay and Amitabh as Vijay in Deewar,” said the director.

^^^^
I hope it gets released in Pakistan too. I hear there is a Pakistani actress in it.

My first Hindi flick after a few years and it was worth the time. Farhan Akhtar nailed it.....Expecting a lot of awards for his performance.

Back
Top Bottom