What's new

Florida bans Chinese citizens from buying land to counteract Chinese Communist party

Canada needs to do the same.
So many Chinese "Students" here buying multi million dollar homes, driving super cars and claiming ZERO income on their taxes.

You means because of De Santis or because of the Flood?
Not sure what De Santis is upto, and hurricane season is right around the corner, but my point was mostly towards how expensive Florida is, specially the housing :(

Not sure what De Santis is upto, and hurricane season is right around the corner, but my point was mostly towards how expensive Florida is, specially the housing :(
Florida is dirt cheap compared to high cost of living states.

He did this out of pure spite and showboating.

None of the threats you mentioned are actual or real. NONE.
Well, I can tell you as a Sydney Homebuyer, the sheer volume of Chinese investor the previous government let in have make the house price jumped over 7000% in some case, this very home I am sitting and typing this post on, if I were to buy it before the previous government taken down the foreign investment act in 1995, worth $112,000, I personally bought this house for $790,000 back in early 2010s. It's now worth over 1 million Australia dollars. And this is a cheap suburb, house price in Chinese heavy suburb jump between 2000-7000%, place like Ashfield, Eastwood, Hurstville

You can say what you want or believe what you want, but Chinese investor hurt home ownership, and it has been repeated again, and again, and again in places like Hong Kong, Singapore, UK, Canada and Australia. That is a FACT backed up by numerous statistic, you have to be living in a cave to think otherwise.

Not all of Florida, Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater area is expensive.
and Jacksonville

De Santis lol, he gone nuts.....I mean unless you are in his camp, none of his policy make sense, abortion, arming teacher, and so on.

But yes, FL is very prone to natural diaster, you get all kind of twister and hurricane over there.

Last edited:
Well, I can tell you as a Sydney Homebuyer, the sheer volume of Chinese investor the previous government let in have make the house price jumped over 7000% in some case, this very home I am sitting and typing this post on, if I were to buy it before the previous government taken down the foreign investment act in 1995, worth $112,000, I personally bought this house for $790,000 back in early 2010s. It's now worth over 1 million Australia dollars. And this is a cheap suburb, house price in Chinese heavy suburb jump between 2000-7000%, place like Ashfield, Eastwood, Hurstville

You can say what you want or believe what you want, but Chinese investor hurt home ownership, and it has been repeated again, and again, and again in places like Hong Kong, Singapore, UK, Canada and Australia. That is a FACT backed up by numerous statistic, you have to be living in a cave to think otherwise.

and Jacksonville
Florida is not Sydney, it is not Vancouver, it is not even Houston.

Chinese involvement in the real estate market in Florida is MINISCULE. Miami is a Spanish speaking city.

This will have no impact at all to the real estate market there and was done out of pure spite.

Not all of Florida, Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater area is expensive.
Tampa Bay's median home price is $400,000.

That's dirt cheap compared to San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, etc.

Not a good time to buy land in Florida anyway :D

Been to Florida many times, did not fall in love with the place. My apologies. Once you're a Californian, everything else is just meh......

I mean other than the humidity, bugs, cockroaches as big as Sparrows, Florida is filled with millions of nutcases just like Desantis.

One Floridian was telling me they don't consider California (where I live) as part of the US.

Foil helmet wearers galore.:pop:

Reminded me of Dr. Evil's speech.

iu

There is a reason why Florida is Florida and why California is the seventh largest economy GLOBALLY and is also a tech leader to the world.

I'll take that over Florida anyday. Again, apologies to Floridians. :-)

Chinese involvement in the real estate market in Florida is MINISCULE. Miami is a Spanish speaking city.

This will have no impact at all to the real estate market there and was done out of pure spite.

Tampa Bay's median home price is $400,000.

That's dirt cheap compared to San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, etc.

Average home price in Los Angeles has topped $1.5 Million now.

Last edited:
Been to Florida many times, did not fall in love with the place. My apologies.

I mean other than the humidity, bugs, cockroaches as big as Sparrows, the place is filled with millions of nutcases just like Desantis.

One Floridian was telling me they don't consider California (where I live) as part of the US.

Foil helmet wearers galore.:pop:

Reminded me of Dr. Evil's speech.

iu

There is a reason why Florida is Florida and why California is the seventh largest economy GLOBALLY and is also a tech leader to the world.

I'll take that over that sad state anyday.

Best thing about Florida are the hot Latinas in Miami. Most gorgeous women in America, hands down.

But I'd rather not live somewhere where I can get eaten by an alligator randomly.

Best thing about Florida are the hot Latinas in Miami. Most gorgeous women in America, hands down.

But I'd rather not live somewhere where I can get eaten by an alligator randomly.

Yeah the Gators are another thing.

Disneyworld lets them roam free. Several children have been dragged to water and eaten.

Just crazy.

This is the same argument people use when they are talking about places like Hurstville and Auburn, both were run down and muslim dominated area, why the Chinese want to invest in those area?

Yet, the average house price is 1-2 million per house......

Auburn.jpg

In fact, what have the Chinese got with Muslim anyway? Both Hurstville/Lakemba and Auburn hold the largest Mosque in NSW and Australia respectively

Anyway The thing is, if this is just Sydney, just certain suburb in Sydney (by the way, The Greater Sydney Area is as big as the entire state of Florida) but Australian house price jumped 300% since 2000. This is not just some suburb the Chinese are willing to invest, I mean sure those suburb is now beyond average Australian reach, but you need to know that even with local price hike, it will affect nationwide.

This is the same argument people use when they are talking about places like Hurstville and Auburn, both were run down and muslim dominated area, why the Chinese want to invest in those area?

Yet, the average house price is 1-2 million per house......

View attachment 928936

In fact, what have the Chinese got with Muslim anyway? Both Hurstville/Lakemba and Auburn hold the largest Mosque in NSW and Australia respectively

Anyway The thing is, if this is just Sydney, just certain suburb in Sydney (by the way, The Greater Sydney Area is as big as the entire state of Florida) but Australian house price jumped 300% since 2000. This is not just some suburb the Chinese are willing to invest, I mean sure those suburb is now beyond average Australian reach, but you need to know that even with local price hike, it will affect nationwide.
Man, you know what's one thing I've noticed about you? You sure love to say a whole lot without saying a damn thing.

I ain't replying to all that, **** that noise.

Man, you know what's one thing I've noticed about you? You sure love to say a whole lot without saying a damn thing.

I ain't replying to all that, **** that noise.
And one thing I notice about you is that you turn tail every time and run when confronted by data and statistic.......

And one thing I notice about you is that you turn tail every time and run when confronted by data and statistic.......
You literally just ranted about something unrelated.

I don’t like to waste time. Especially not on some forum that’s just designed to shoot the shit.

You literally just ranted about something unrelated.

I don’t like to waste time. Especially not on some forum that’s just designed to shoot the shit.
You must like Denis Leary

Back
Top Bottom