What's new

FLASH-----M'bishi Heavy, Areva have won Turkish nuclear plant deal -Nikkei

Allright, so we need another one of these to reduce gas imports for electricity purposes in almost it's entirety (in theory at least). Maybe another one would be needed if you consider the annual growth of Turkey's power demands and to reduce coal imports.

Other than that, they should just invest in green energy like wind and solar. I'm glad that they are investing in wind energy, and the power produced with wind energy did go up in 2012 compared to 2011, hopefully they will keep up this trend. A bit disappointed that there is no attention to Solar power in Turkey.

Hopefully they will go through with this solar power plant:
Europe’s Biggest Solar Farm To Be Built In Turkey | Green Prophet
The news story is from 2011 though, so I wonder in what stage it is. Hopefully it's cancelled.
And Turkey really needs to change their stance on subsidizing energy projects.

When it comes to the tender for the second nuclear power plant. I hope it goes to the Japanese-French consortium instead of the Chinese one. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the Chinese, but they aren't able to export the newest in Nuclear energy so I just hope the Turkish government agrees to subsidize and chooses Mitsubishi-Areva consortium with transfer of technology.

Edit:
About the Akkuyu sites capacity. Didn't Turkey agree to only buy half of the capacity?

Information about renewable energy capacity.

(million kWh/year)
Hydro: Total Power: 16.934 - 2023 Goal: 36.000

Wind: Total Power: 1.587 - 2023 Goal: 20.000

Solar: Total Power: 0 - 2023 Goal: 3.000

Jeothermal: Total Power: 94 - 2023 Goal: 600

Biomass: Total Power: 44 - 2023 Goal: 2.000

As you can see, we are investing on renewable energy sources.

Akkuyu NGS Elektrik Üretim A.Ş.’ye tahsis edilmesi ve santralde üretilecek elektriğin % 50’sinin 15 yıl boyunca TETAŞ tarafından satın alınması hükmü yer almaktadır. Proje Şirketi, elektrik alım garantisinin bitiminden sonra yaklaşık 45 yıl boyunca, Türk Tarafı’na yıllık bazda Proje Şirketi’nin net karının % 20’sini verecektir.

Meaning we are assuring that we are going to buy %50 of the produced electricity. It doesn't mean we will only buy %50. We can buy all of the electricity generated.

You should really read this source, it answers all of your questions: http://www.enerji.gov.tr/yayinlar_raporlar/Nukleer_Santraller_ve_Ulkemizde_Kurulacak_Nukleer_Santrale_Iliskin_Bilgiler.pdf

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom