What's new

FLASH! Indian 155-mm Self-Propelled Howitzer Big Begins All Over Again

CONNAN

Reaction score
Country
India
LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: FLASH! Indian 155-mm Self-Propelled Howitzer Big Begins All Over Again

RFI-733202.jpg

The Army has gotten used to having no new artillery guns. Well, today brought the latest signal toward a re-tender. The Indian Army today sent out a fresh Request for Information (RFI) to global gun makers for self-propelled 155m/52cal guns (notice the blundering use of "towed" in the document). The full RFI is here. Will update this post with more details later. A re-tender of the Rs 8000 crore towed gun deal is around the corner too, apparently. The self-propelled gun deal is for 120 units, which first fell through as far back as 2005 when Denel was blacklisted.

School boy mistake ...

Angrezi nahi aati tho RFI kissi aur se banva lete ... :lol:

:cheers:

How pathetic can our politicians get? Even college first years can do a better job at the defense ministry.

^^Given the state of affairs (as highlighted by the above fcuk up) would you blame them?

naw i wouldent blame them and why would you guys be cheezed at that it senceable,,,,, i mean all these years showing that the west is the best place to be so how can you not say that they wouldent like their country , what i mean is some thing that look fun,good,happy,liveable,multicultural,religon free,and last but not least makeing alot of money why woulent it be gud Éh

FLASH! Indian 155-mm Self-Propelled Howitzer Bid Begins All Over Again

caesar.JPG

Likely contenders: the French Nexter CEASAR (which has the distinction of being mentioned in the RFI!), the Swedish BAE-Bofors FH77-BW-L52 Archer, possibly the Israeli Soltam Atmos 2052.

Incidentally, a re-tender of the Rs 8,000-crore towed gun deal is around the corner too, apparently.

FLASH! Indian 155-mm Self-Propelled Howitzer Bid Begins All Over Again

caesar.JPG

Likely contenders: the French Nexter CEASAR (which has the distinction of being mentioned in the RFI!), the Swedish BAE-Bofors FH77-BW-L52 Archer, possibly the Israeli Soltam Atmos 2052.

Incidentally, a re-tender of the Rs 8,000-crore towed gun deal is around the corner too, apparently.

hey can you please post a link of all the conterders in this bid...:bounce:

I think this will be the first time in the world when no arms maker is going to end up tendering a response to the RFI. After the past 2 experiences even the most enthusiastic of the sellers will have to concede that this is not going to happen.
The Bofors Ghost will forever haunt the acquisition.
Who cares about the capability and prepardness of the Army..

boy oh boy .hope they go for archer..:woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence: FLASH! Indian 155-mm Self-Propelled Howitzer Big Begins All Over Again

RFI-733202.jpg

The Army has gotten used to having no new artillery guns. Well, today brought the latest signal toward a re-tender. The Indian Army today sent out a fresh Request for Information (RFI) to global gun makers for self-propelled 155m/52cal guns (notice the blundering use of "towed" in the document). The full RFI is here. Will update this post with more details later. A re-tender of the Rs 8000 crore towed gun deal is around the corner too, apparently. The self-propelled gun deal is for 120 units, which first fell through as far back as 2005 when Denel was blacklisted.

part C is missing .. BRIBERY DETAILS IF ANY?

How long its gonna take bhaiya????:)...
2012 the world is ending....get the guns at least before I die man!!!...LOL

It says TOWED 155 mm gun...Aren't we going for M777 for this...?

Back
Top Bottom