What's new

Five policemen arrested for gangraping teenager in Chandigarh

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
52b4724a3a9d0.jpg

NEW DELHI: Five policemen have been arrested for allegedly gangraping a teenage schoolgirl in northern India, police said Friday.

The alleged sexual assault is the latest in a string of attacks reported in India since the fatal gang-rape of a student in Delhi a year ago shocked the nation and resulted in lawmakers passing tougher penalties for crimes against women.

The policemen in the city of Chandigarh were taken into custody after the 16-year-old told her younger sister about the alleged assaults.

“All five accused policemen have been arrested and further investigations are being carried out,” police superintendent Sukhchain Singh Gill told AFP.

The victim was allegedly attacked by one of the policeman who was investigating a complaint she had lodged about domestic abuse by her alcoholic father, Gill said.

Later, the accused raped her at gunpoint along with four fellow policemen, police alleged.

Under the recently strengthened rape laws, the accused could face life in prison if found guilty.

Five policemen arrested for gangraping teenager in Chandigarh - DAWN.COM

Indian Rape Culture has too be confronted head on by the citizens of India. This abuse of Women must stop.

Indian Rape Culture has too be confronted head on by the citizens of India. This abuse of Women must stop.
what about pakistani rape and terror culture. when will you raise your voice..

Indians are far too busy expressing outrage over the arrest of a corrupt,lying Indian official in New York.They have no time for real issues.
the policemen are suspended and will face law. what extra needs to be done then?

This thread is not about Pakistan. Stay on Topic.

and yes all rapist should be given exemplary punishments to deter others.
I know its not.. but will you at least agree that pakistan has terror and rape culture? (seeing number of rapes and terror incidents)

This thread is not about Pakistan. Stay on Topic.

and yes all rapist should be given exemplary punishments to deter others.

This thread is also not about india it's about 5crooks they r not representing india SHELL I CALL HOW MANY BOMBBLASTS HAPPEND TODAY IN PAK so every pakistani is a terrorist and it is their culture :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Indians are far too busy expressing outrage over the arrest of a corrupt,lying Indian official in New York.They have no time for real issues.

You should have told us in advance this was going to happen....

Look Sir,do not mix issues.
It is impossible to foretell a crime.The guilty will be punished.
And it the duty of the state to ensure that an innocent is not harassed in the way that she was.

wtf is going on...

No its not a culture... its social.
I had foreseen it coming, read about female foeticide in India and you will know the root cause!

Disappearing Daughters: India's Female Feticide - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Why most of the cases are being reported from North India?

Cases from south are simply not reported. A case is only reported, when some wrong girl is raped, at wrong place and in very very wrong way.

No its not a culture... its social.
I had foreseen it coming, read about female foeticide in India and you will know the root cause!

Disappearing Daughters: India's Female Feticide - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com
female foeticide is social issue I agree...
rape is not.. posting each rape in news does not change the fact that such crimes always happened before.
We have roughly same prevalence of rape cases and news media picks up cases more now... even in pakistan and bangladesh there is this change in news media..
people think suddenly all south asians started raping like some zombie disease ..starting from India..
do you know there are around 5000 rapes in pakistan per year (around 18k in India), if I post each in my newspaper(365 days).. pakistan will be called rapistan.
Thats what perception does to you.

Back
Top Bottom