What's new

First week of working in Pakistan

53fd

New Recruit

Reaction score
As I already mentioned in another thread, I got a very good offer from a reputable multinational company in Pakistan a few weeks ago, & I took it. I just had my first week of work in Sindh.

Hyderabad, Sindh has been a very interesting experience for me. It is a big city that has grown tremendously from the last time I saw it. And it continues to grow. At the company plant, there are a lot of Sindhis, as well as "Urdu speakers" & various other ethnic groups as well. A few foreigners. A LOT of Sindhi Hindus, many at very good positions (Dileep, Sunil, Raj, Dhanush, Anand; a couple of Chauhans, can't remember their first names) in the company. We are all friends at the company regardless of religion & ethnicity, & there is a great work environment. There is a lot of "upgradation" & new construction work at the plant, so there's a lot of cool stuff. We eat together, go to work together, work together. A lot of ladies as well, some of them cute (especially the ones sitting at the front desk counter).

Hyderabad has a bigger issue of ethnic tensions (Sindhi vs "Urdu speakers") than any religious ones. The good thing is that these ethnic tensions hardly ever transform into real confrontations. Unfortunately, there has been a bit of segregation in a few parts/neighborhoods of Hyderabad by ethnicity. It is unfortunate, as I've met a lot of wonderful Sindhis here, & made some very close Sindhi friends. Petty fighting & fueling of emotions of the common man using ethnic warfare is a sad phenomena.

Although Sindh has been an extreme PPP stronghold & continues to be, a lot of Sindhis have started realizing that the present Zardari regime has brought nothing but disaster to this country.

I'll post up some pictures of Hyderabad, it has some reflections of Karachi to it, but it's got a lot of (its own individual) character as well, & it is a very very interesting city.

Unfortunately we have a satanic ethnicity known as politicians which is the route cause of all the problems, i hope you will try to educate them and will put your share in reduction of this warfare.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Hyderabad...Bombay Bakery ....are u guys talking abt India???? subject reads First Week in Pak..

Dude, You are new here, So, i am giving you a chance

Hyderabad...Bombay Bakery ....are u guys talking abt India???? subject reads First Week in Pak..

Bombay Bakery is very famous in Hyderabad Pakistan... I love their Chocolate cake. Its run by a Hindu.. And interestingly it is situated next to PAF selection centre.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Billal Welcome back to Pakistan brother...

Unfortunately we have a satanic ethnicity known as politicians which is the route cause of all the problems, i hope you will try to educate them and will put your share in reduction of this warfare.

Agree 100%, & I think the common people of Pakistan need to interact with each other more on a personal level, without the fueling from the politicians on the side.

If you stick it out here for more than 2 years .. you might as well burn that other passport .. you are never leaving.. welcome back to your country.

It took me only 6 months but I was majboor.

In fact, I was treated much more as an "outside guest" because of my non-Sindhi background, & a lot of Sindhi Hindus & others at the plant were trying to make me "feel at home", & were reassuring me.

Really good to hear people getting on. You only hear bad news.

Good to see pakistani hindus doing well.

At large there is nothing like anti Hindu sentiment in Sindh... I fail to understand news articles on that printed in Pakistan and abroad.. I have met some Sindhis who are more comfortable with Hindus than Urdu speakers or Punjabis. I myself have so many Hindu friends, many of them studied with me..

it is unfortunate that pee pee pee is trying to incite a sense of sindhism and hatred for non sindhis, the present politics is all about ethnicity and which means anti pakistani

Hyderabad is an ok city with lots of potential. I like the Latifabad area, that's a good place to chill.

Back
Top Bottom