Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Pitbull

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Siberian Husky

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Any of the Mastiffs

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Mudhol hound has great sense of smell like Rampur hound ,they are bred to be good trackers,
These are perfect hunting dogs fast, agile,good sense of smell and good sight
They are claimed to be better than the German shepherd dogs in some tasks
Maybe that's why the army is using them

This dog is going to be used as guard dog, that's a territory thing, not a tracking thing, unless ofcourse the dog is drafted as a tracker which would mean it has attributes of a scent hound. The sight hounds differ from scent hounds as they hunt on sight, are loud and active in chasing prey.

The only reason I can see that this dog could be better than a GSD is because it will be deployed in its native territory, where it was bred and survived many generations to become a useful animal for mankind.

I agree with the above comment. There are very reasons why GSD s are the first choice for armed forces across the world. And the ancient breeds ( whether Indian or others ) are meant for other duties.

This dog is going to be used as guard dog, that's a territory thing, not a tracking thing, unless ofcourse the dog is drafted as a tracker which would mean it has attributes of a scent hound. The sight hounds differ from scent hounds as they hunt on sight, are loud and active in chasing prey.

The only reason I can see that this dog could be better than a GSD is because it will be deployed in its native territory, where it was bred and survived many generations to become a useful animal for mankind.
This dog is not bred for guard duty,I hope the army uses them as sniffer dogs
,as I said before these dogs have an amazing sense of smell ,
This Breed may be classified as sight hound but it's actually much more than that

Rajapalayam is royal.. I'd like to have it as a pet. They can jump above a standing man without without even taking a run up.
Yeah , but the problem is that we live in North India and these dogs are bred in south.we have to order puppies online

This dog is not bred for guard duty,I hope the army uses them as sniffer dogs
,as I said before these dogs have an amazing sense of smell ,
This Breed may be classified as sight hound but it's actually much more than that
IA is going to use them as guard dogs.

IA is going to use them as guard dogs.
Goddamn it!
No good .
they should have used bakharwal and Himalayan sheepdogs instead they are strong and can even handle a leopard(they need a metal collar for this job)
Check post 70 these mastiff type dogs should be used for this role

Goddamn it!
No good .
they should have used bakharwal and Himalayan sheepdogs instead they are strong and can even handle a leopard(they need a metal collar for this job)
Check post 70 these mastiff type dogs should be used for this role
This is the 7th page of this topic and you are shocked to hear this ? :tdown:

Please read the first post and read the link.

This is the 7th page of this topic and you are shocked to hear this ? :tdown:

Please read the first post and read the link.
Hmm i just jumped into discussion just by reading "indian" dog breed but I did watch YouTube video ,
I don't think they mentioned about the exact nature of their field

Yeah , but the problem is that we live in North India and these dogs are bred in south.we have to order puppies online

That's right, But am in love with this breed. I didn't know even domestic breeds could be this agile and royal. My lack of knowledge in the subject ofcourse. But I have definitely made my mind to own a Rajapalayam very soon.

See this mind blowing video meanwhile If you haven't seen already.

That's right, But am in love with this breed. I didn't know even domestic breeds could be this agile and royal. My lack of knowledge in the subject ofcourse. But I have definitely made my mind to own a Rajapalayam very soon.

See this mind blowing video meanwhile If you haven't seen already.

That's a chippiparai man ,its similar to rajpalyam but not the same
Rajpalyam is pure white in colour and has a pink nose
I am sure rajpalyam will be able to do this trick
Don't you punjabis own Sindhi and gaddi dogs?? They are excellent molossor dogs
I see your choice of rajpalyam is no different than mine ,check post #80 papa dragon mentioned some links
You might want to check post 78 ,this giant pouch rat is comparable to dogs:p::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom