Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Pitbull

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Siberian Husky

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Any of the Mastiffs

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Are u sure about this ? Because I have seen this type of dog and i think this dog still survives ,it may be extinct from trichy area , and bully Kutta is nothing but a cross of alangu mastiff and old English bulldog which is extinct

View attachment 467545 View attachment 467546 bakharwal View attachment 467547 View attachment 467548 Himalayan sheepdog View attachment 467549 View attachment 467550 View attachment 467551 almost extinct kumaon mastiff ,less than 200 dogs View attachment 467552 the rajpalayam

Its beautiful especially the puppies

You can also search for ziva the alangu mastiff (yes the dog has a FB profile)

Yes, I am sure they are extinct.

Not on the poll list, but perhaps the Australian dingo should be considered.

Technically a wild animal yes, but could possibly be trained to be very efficient at various scenarios.

Okay.. so probably not practical, but I have a love for the Australian dingo so I figured I'd mention it anyway :enjoy:

View attachment 467559
U can also consider
dhole.jpg
Indian Dhole A pack of these can rip a tiger in ribbons

cool-rats-working-mines-Africa.jpg

I just found it ,rats are actually great mine hunters ,their weight doesn't trigger mines and they are smart and trainable

I've only seen them in South Indian states. Every village farm that I visited of friends & family have a Rajapalyam in their farm. These dogs were used for hunting back in the days but are now used extensively as guard dogs. I have to add, these are among the most loyal dog breeds
Can you tell me where can I get one? Any link perhaps??

That's the problem buddy I live in NCR , thanks a lot .it's really funny that they are selling puppies on quicker and olx:lol:
Apparently I bought my first and only pet which is a cream labrador on OLX when I was back in India. Sometimes, you can find stellar pure breeds for relatively low prices if you get lucky

Apparently I bought my first and only pet which is a cream labrador on OLX when I was back in India. Sometimes, you can find stellar pure breeds for relatively low prices if you get lucky
Hey man I also own a black lab ,:enjoy:, I was interested in Indian breeds for a long time I tried to find kumaon mastiff but I guess rajpalyam will suffice for now:D

Mudhol Dog a sight hound, good for chasing with speed. A plus point would be sharp reflexes sensitive to motion, means they react when any movement is detected.

A scent hound would have been better for the military. They follow through scent of target even after many hours of the incident. Good for detection of explosives, IED's and mines.

Mudhol Dog a sight hound, good for chasing with speed. A plus point would be sharp reflexes sensitive to motion, means they react when any movement is detected.

A scent hound would have been better for the military. They follow through scent of target even after many hours of the incident. Good for detection of explosives, IED's and mines.
Mudhol hound has great sense of smell like Rampur hound ,they are bred to be good trackers,
These are perfect hunting dogs fast, agile,good sense of smell and good sight
They are claimed to be better than the German shepherd dogs in some tasks
Maybe that's why the army is using them

U can also consider View attachment 467906 Indian Dhole A pack of these can rip a tiger in ribbons

Dholes are perfect predators in Jungles but Tiger is just out of their league (even 20+ pack).

Here some people think Dingoes are wild dogs-- No, they are Indian stray dogs Traveled to Australia through native Australians (Ancient Indians).
dingos.jpg

stray-dogs-on-the-streets-of-calcutta-picture-id608355207

Indian street dogs are very stubborn,friendly and also hunt if they live near jungles like dingoes.

Back
Top Bottom