Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Pitbull

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Siberian Husky

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Any of the Mastiffs

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
So till now who were serving in indian army if indians weren't allowed to serve.?

No love for this? :)

dalmation_01_lg.jpg
file_23146_dalmatian-460x290.jpg
Dalmatian-MP.jpg

No love for this? :)

dalmation_01_lg.jpg
file_23146_dalmatian-460x290.jpg
Dalmatian-MP.jpg

They became famous because of the movie and after that they are not big trending dogs.

My father has many at our farmhouse in but not in our homes in the cities
In our farmhouse, we have a couple of German shepherds and local breeds. These Huskies need a very low temperature. I have dedicated our guest house and installed them with AC so they can use them during summer :/

A quick question though how do you manage them in farmhouse since the temperature can really get high during summer?

These dogs remind me of alangu mastiff dogs that I have seen in Bengaluru, they were dark coloured and strong but not as aggressive as these dogs

Alangu mastiff is long gone they are extinct. The Cholas and Pandiyas were the main breeders which they used for patrolling the forts and important places during the night.

upload_2018-4-18_11-4-32.png

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/chola-mural-tells-a-tale-of-dog/article6498185.ece

In our farmhouse, we have a couple of German shepherds and local breeds. These Huskies need a very low temperature. I have dedicated our guest house and installed them with AC so they can use them during summer :/

A quick question though how do you manage them in farmhouse since the temperature can really get high during summer?
The shelter is large with air coolers but then there are three rooms with air conditioner ..only used in peak summers ..but the walls and roof are really thick and very high so the temperature stays rather pleasant especially with air coolers

They became famous because of the movie and after that they are not big trending dogs.

Alangu mastiff is long gone they are extinct. The Cholas and Pandiyas were the main breeders which they used for patrolling the forts and important places during the night.

View attachment 467303
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/chola-mural-tells-a-tale-of-dog/article6498185.ece
Are u sure about this ? Because I have seen this type of dog and i think this dog still survives ,it may be extinct from trichy area , and bully Kutta is nothing but a cross of alangu mastiff and old English bulldog which is extinct

piebald-bakharwal-wallpaper.jpg
bakharwal-dog.jpg
bakharwal
29ba47bcbd19002f0784153701dbdbc3.jpg
9066327.png
Himalayan sheepdog
Kumaon-Mastiff.jpg
kumaon-mastiff-dog.jpg
Kumaon-Mastiff-Pictures.jpg
almost extinct kumaon mastiff ,less than 200 dogs
rajapalayam-dog.jpg
the rajpalayam

Just a pet dog
Its beautiful especially the puppies

View attachment 467303
You can also search for ziva the alangu mastiff (yes the dog has a FB profile)

Attachments

• kumaon-mastiff-dog.jpg
    kumaon-mastiff-dog.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 11
  • piebald-bakharwal-wallpaper.jpg
    piebald-bakharwal-wallpaper.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 16
  • bakharwal-dog.jpg
    bakharwal-dog.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 16
Not on the poll list, but perhaps the Australian dingo should be considered.

Technically a wild animal yes, but could possibly be trained to be very efficient at various scenarios.

Okay.. so probably not practical, but I have a love for the Australian dingo so I figured I'd mention it anyway :enjoy:

image.adapt.287.HIGH-1.jpg

Technically a wild animal yes, but could possibly be trained to be very efficient at various scenarios.

Okay.. so probably not practical, but I have a love for the Australian dingo so I figured I'd mention it anyway :enjoy:

View attachment 467559
Are dingos considered as dogs

Damn I love this dog. My friend has 2 of them along with a labrador in his farm and I could say these are one of the strongest dogs with the right aggressive temperament. I would love to have one when I move back to my hometown

View attachment 467559
[/QUOTE]
Dingo looks very similar to Indian dhole wild dog,I've seen videos of these dogs hunting kangaroos they are amazing hunters but they are not native of Australia,they were introduced by Asian people
Damn I love this dog. My friend has 2 of them along with a labrador in his farm and I could say these are one of the strongest dogs with the right aggressive temperament. I would love to have one when I move back to my hometown
I love these dogs too , I live in North India these dogs are hard to find,it is said that a single dog can hunt a deer on its own

Last edited:
love these dogs too , I live in North India these dogs are hard to find,it is said that a single dog can hunt a deer on its own
I've only seen them in South Indian states. Every village farm that I visited of friends & family have a Rajapalyam in their farm. These dogs were used for hunting back in the days but are now used extensively as guard dogs. I have to add, these are among the most loyal dog breeds

Back
Top Bottom