What's new

First ships of P-15A Kolkata & P-28 Kamorta classes will be inducted into Indian Navy

sudhir007

Reaction score
First ships of P-15A Kolkata & P-28 Kamorta classes will be inducted into Indian Navy | idrw.org

In the coming months, first ships of P-15A, Kolkata class, and P-28, Kamorta, will be inducted into the Indian Navy apart from the additional P-8I and Advance jet trainer aircraft.

Inaugurating the Naval Commanders’ Conference, defence minister AK Antony said, “over the last six months the Navy has inducted an impressive range of platforms, including the P-8I aircraft and Goa Shipyard built Offshore Patrol Vessel.”

Complimenting the Indian Navy for the commissioning of the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, the minister said, coupled with the MiG 29K aircraft, the carrier has the potential to become a force multiplier in enhancing the combat capability of the Navy.

He said the launch of indigenous aircraft carrier in August this year has placed India in a select group of six nations who can design and operate aircraft carriers. “The fact that all 45 naval ships presently under construction are being built in India is an ample proof of our indigenous ship building capability”, he said.

The minister said “a major boost to our strategic deterrence capability was the achievement of criticality of the reactor on board Arihant. Once we reach the next milestone: Commencement of sea trails of the submarine, it would make India only the sixth nation in the world to build and operate nuclear-powered submarines.”

So next year I am expecting atleast these big warships to be commisioned.
1. Ins Kolkata
2. Ins Kamorta
3. 1 OPV
4. Ins Arihant.
And various small interceptor boats and ships of many kind.

So we will finally be getting the P-15A, can't wait to see the ship.

1. Ins Kolkata
2. Ins Kamorta
3. 1 OPV
4. Ins Arihant.

Apart from warships,expecting
NLCA first flight

1. Ins Kolkata
2. Ins Kamorta
3. 1 OPV
4. Ins Arihant.

Awashya...Tathastu... You can expect more.

First ships of P-15A Kolkata & P-28 Kamorta classes will be inducted into Indian Navy | idrw.org

In the coming months, first ships of P-15A, Kolkata class, and P-28, Kamorta, will be inducted into the Indian Navy apart from the additional P-8I and Advance jet trainer aircraft.

Inaugurating the Naval Commanders’ Conference, defence minister AK Antony said, “over the last six months the Navy has inducted an impressive range of platforms, including the P-8I aircraft and Goa Shipyard built Offshore Patrol Vessel.”

Complimenting the Indian Navy for the commissioning of the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, the minister said, coupled with the MiG 29K aircraft, the carrier has the potential to become a force multiplier in enhancing the combat capability of the Navy.

He said the launch of indigenous aircraft carrier in August this year has placed India in a select group of six nations who can design and operate aircraft carriers. “The fact that all 45 naval ships presently under construction are being built in India is an ample proof of our indigenous ship building capability”, he said.

The minister said “a major boost to our strategic deterrence capability was the achievement of criticality of the reactor on board Arihant. Once we reach the next milestone: Commencement of sea trails of the submarine, it would make India only the sixth nation in the world to build and operate nuclear-powered submarines.”

Thanks for info

again p-15 is totally toothless like ins vikramaditya without barak-8??
who will call a destroyer a destroyes without the primary air defence weapon??

well LR-SAMs will be integrated within next 2-3 years. Or are you seggesting that we should induct it after 2-3 years when Barak8 is ready??

Fully agreed. And two three years is what we are saying now. Since its under development, there is no guarantee how long will it take.

More terrible project management by our corrupt babus and babus in uniform.

well LR-SAMs will be integrated within next 2-3 years. Or are you seggesting that we should induct it after 2-3 years when Barak8 is ready??
all i am saying that if there is a war in next 2-3 years both vikramaditya and p-15 stand no chance.
our planning was as usual super faulty again

all i am saying that if there is a war in next 2-3 years both vikramaditya and p-15 stand no chance.
our planning was as usual super faulty again
Agreed here but isn't it Israel's fault?? I mean we are just paying them while developments are sololy their responsibility.

Fully agreed. And two three years is what we are saying now. Since its under development, there is no guarantee how long will it take.

More terrible project management by our corrupt babus and babus in uniform.
still ppl are being happy at its induction??
its a sitting duck for next 3 years

Back
Top Bottom