What's new

Finland To Buy Leopard 2 A6's From Netherlands

Broccoli

Reaction score
Country
Finland
The Defence Forces are planning to make a significant arms purchase from the Netherlands in the beginning of next year, according to a report broadcast by MTV on Tuesday.

The report said the authorities reached a deal to buy a hundred used Leopard battle tanks at a cost of about €200m.

The Leopard 2A6 tanks are reported to be in good condition.

Finnish parliament gave go ahead to the tank purchase deal considering the benefits and cost-effectiveness.

Minister of Defence Carl Haglund, however, said the matter was still in progress. According to MTV reports, the deal is likely to be sealed in the next month.
Finland to buy battle tanks from Netherlands | national | Finland Times

FDF also purchased older Spike ATGM launchers (will be upgraded) from the Dutch earlier this year to increase number of launchers used currently.

It seems that the West European countries gradually transfer heavy weapons to the East. Recently - Poland, Finland now.

just asking since i know that al khalid is upto mark as per our specifications and stuff (and assuming that leopard tank was ideal for our conditions ). If pakistan had the option of buying these, could it have afforded this deal

The Fins are peaceful & civilized people, yet very cable warriors if the need arises.
In the Winter War they showed it to the world.

One question for you Broccoli: Do you see yourself and other Fins as Scandinavians?

One question for you Broccoli: Do you see yourself and other Fins as Scandinavians?

I would guess most Fins see themselves as Scandinavian or "Western European", but my family from mothers side is from Karelia and fathers family is from Eastern Finland, so looks wise there is nothing Scandinavian in me... I most definitely don't see myself as one.

Some people (neo-nazis, etc) have problems with the fact that many Fins don't look "Western"... that's their problem tho.

Last edited:
$2m per leopard tank??? thats a steal. You finns are damn lucky.

we lost the deal...Finland get it from Netherlands

Great procurement by Finland, and better yet the sale price is unbeatable.

Back
Top Bottom