They took their Time getting it ready
Took a lot of flak doing it
But no major incidents testifys the highly advanced quadruplex FBW
CARBON FIBRE composite body
Advanced HMD/HOBS missles from Israel

GREAT DEMO

ENJOY and people be proud

in 8 years there will be over 125 in service

I agree they say it has a radar cross section that's the lowest in Indian airforce due to use of carbon fibre and the small size.

The fly by wire and inbuilt safety features mean the plane is handled effortlessly by computers no human skill needed.

You simply turn you head.a d engage missles.

It sounds amazing

The decision to use American engines rather than Russian means far less smoke as per what see on other similar fghters recently inducted a d far les maintenance and down time anticipated.

Use of Israeli Indian and Russian weapons gives the Indians huge scope in missions in future

I agree they say it has a radar cross section that's the lowest in Indian airforce due to use of carbon fibre and the small size.

The fly by wire and inbuilt safety features mean the plane is handled effortlessly by computers no human skill needed.

You simply turn you head.a d engage missles.

It sounds amazing

Please correct the Spellings in the TITLE

It should be -- Brilliant Video

At present tejas will use

Python five and r73 for wvr combat for bvr it will.Use derby middle from.Israel and then proceed to astra bvr from.India.

Strike wise sudarshan laser guided bombs and helina air to surface missiles.

If I have missed something let me know

Strike wise sudarshan laser guided bombs and helina air to surface missiles.

Sudarshan is not ready ; there has been no news about it

DRDO is developing some new Glide Bombs

LGBs would be Griffin ; Paveway

Helina ATGM is for Helicopters

If I have missed something let me know

The Spelling of BRILLIANT is Still wrong in your Title :-)

What is the logic behind IAF seeking a foreign single engine plane (around 200 of them), with TOT. I get the fact that with TOT India's aero industry gets a boost but is there room/need/requirement for Tejas and 200+ foreign single fighters? Or is it one or the other?
http://www.defensenews.com/articles...tition-for-new-foreign-single-engine-fighters

India is retiring about 350 Mig-21s and Mig 27s within next 5 years. And at the production rate of 16 Tejas a year with 2 production line, it simply is not enough. Although, GoI has recently approved the third production line it's still not enough hence, They want to but 200 more light weight single engine aircrafts.

Bear in mind this HAS TO BE done to maintain the dwindling 33 squadrons of fighter jets. Which still isn't close to IAF's goal of 45 squadrons.

Amazing...:yay:...LCA has taught many lessons to HAL.. ..it will help in our future projects specially MCA. :tup:

Am not convinced we should be inducting

123,tejas
And 200 single engines fighters,
and possible more rafales.

It's too much cost and will.inmpact the fifth generation option

Am not convinced we should be inducting

123,tejas
And 200 single engines fighters,
and possible more rafales.

It's too much cost and will.inmpact the fifth generation option
That is kinda the point I was making, with possible TOT production of a western aircraft in India and the less than desired pace of induction of LCA MK1A (there is still ongoing development of radars and other systems), the IAF might be better off sticking to the home built foreign aircraft and use the technological lessons learnt from the LCA and the foreign aircraft TOT into their fifth generation aircraft development. Turning into quite a hodge podge of multiple platforms. Right off the bat the Tejas is no match to the eventual MRCA winner whether its Gripen E or the F16IN, though I appreciate the fact that cost would be an issue but factoring exports from the newly established facility and higher capability of aircraft should mitigate some of the issue. Still struggling to with where Tejas fits in the grand scheme of things for India.

Back
Top Bottom