What's new

Fears Grow Over Yemenis' Ties to Iran

Shias in Yemen make up 45 to 50% of the population, they are not minority.

Shias in Yemen make up 45 to 50% of the population, they are not minority.

35-40 % and all of them are Zaydi Shias not the Shia Twelver sect that you belong to. Their believes and practices are more similar to Sunni Islam - especially the Shafi'i and Hanafi madahib. That is widely reported everywhere but I don't expect you to know this since you barely know anything about Yemen in the first place like most of your fellow countrymen. Or the Arab world or Islam as demonstrated by your posts on this forum.

35-40 % and all of them are Zaydi Shias not the Shia Twelver sect that you belong to. Their believes and practices are more similar to Sunni Islam - especially the Shafi'i and Hanafi madahib. That is widely reported everywhere but I don't expect you to know this since you barely know anything about Yemen in the first place like most of your fellow countrymen. Or the Arab world or Islam as demonstrated by your posts on this forum.

And yet they turn up to Iran, as you can read in the article.

And yet they turn up to Iran, as you can read in the article.

:omghaha:

You mean like 1-3 individuals? The Houthi leaders have tried to prostitute themselves to Russia, Sudan, Libya (under Gaddafi) and other states all in the attempt to gain power and supporters. Nothing to do with religion or political views. Iranian so-called interference is minimal. Even your fellow Iranian admitted that. Secondly the article is a waste of time as I already explained and other users also commented on.

But keep believing everything you hear. Not going to matter or change anything though.

No, the Zaydis make up 35-40% of the population. The Houthi's (a armed REBEL GROUP) are only a small number of them. They currently make up 50.000 people. Two very difficult things but good try fool.

Secondly this is only a political movement that uses a religious scarf to draw followers much like your Mullah's do in Iran. That video is nearly 1.5 years old. The Houthi's are sitting in their mountains in the little part of Northwestern Yemen. They are without political influence at all.

The Houthis are a terrorist group and they are only crying about KSA and the Yemeni government because we taught them a lesson and made them irrelevant again. That is why.

I guess it is time for another round of Menced Houthi stew.

Are you talking about this stew? Operation Scorched Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because from what I hear it was an embarrassment for Saudis, Yemenis, Al-Qaeda and the rest of the gang? When do you want to learn? You can't win an asymmetrical war with a classic army! In case you don't know Assad made the same mistake and he was almost finished, until he was advised to change his strategy and engage in a guerrilla warfare with the "terrorists", "rebels" whatever you want to call them! U.S. is now trying to give the "good terrorists" aka "rebels" the edge by training them in the art of asymmetrical warfare... let us face it, most of your extremist friends are only trained enough to push the red button and are not clever enough to use their brains, or have any combat skills for that matter so the real fighters are too few Syria and that is why Bashar started to gain the upper hand but I suspect that is about to change as CIA is training the terrorists.

Anyhow, I hope anything that is in best interest of Syrian people happen, because they have suffered enough.

Anyways, the only way that Saudis can win this war is to unleash their lapdog, Al-Qaeda against Houthis, and this is exactly what they're doing!

What are you talking about?

It seems that you Iranians like to talk about issues in the Arab world that you really have no knowledge about.

The Houthi's have been in a rebellion against the Yemeni government since the summer of 2004. In that process they have been defeated in every single battle, they have lost at least 7000 members (out of active force of 50.000 at their highest point), many more have been founded or captured. Their political influence is gone. They are complaining about marginalization and lastly they only number 50.000. The Yemeni government with the support of KSA is constantly targeting them and making them more and more irrelevant.

They do by no means represent the 35-40% of the Yemeni population (Zaydis). They are just a terrorist group that relies on personal cults much like your Iranian Mullah's. They are also a political movement that aims (it leaders at least) to proclaim a kingdom that they would then rule. What a surprise btw.

In comparison KSA only lost a little over 100 soldiers while over 2000 Houthi's were killed. All in unfamiliar territory and one of the most difficult territories to fight in anywhere on earth with deep valleys that Houthi's know better than anyone else.

The Houthi's have not won any war.:omghaha: They are solely found in their local area - the tiny parts of Northwestern Yemen.

Please stop pulling nonsense out of your ASSS like your fellow countrymen already have on this forum. It is laughable really.

Al-Qaeda on the Arabian Peninsula is no ally of KSA. Are you drunk or what? Their aim is to remove the Yemeni and Saudi government and many of its members are wanted terrorists from KSA and elsewhere. Great friend indeed.

Better lock this useless thread before we witness more moronism.

Are you talking about this stew? Operation Scorched Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because from what I hear it was an embarrassment for Saudis, Yemenis, Al-Qaeda and the rest of the gang? When do you want to learn? You can't win an asymmetrical war with a classic army! In case you don't know Assad made the same mistake and he was almost finished, until he was advised to change his strategy and engage in a guerrilla warfare with the "terrorists", "rebels" whatever you want to call them! U.S. is now trying to give the "good terrorists" aka "rebels" the edge by training them in the art of asymmetrical warfare... let us face it, most of your extremist friends are only trained enough to push the red button and are not clever enough to use their brains, or have any combat skills for that matter so the real fighters are too few Syria and that is why Bashar started to gain the upper hand but I suspect that is about to change as CIA is training the terrorists.

Anyhow, I hope anything that is in best interest of Syrian people happen, because they have suffered enough.

Anyways, the only way that Saudis can win this war is to unleash their lapdog, Al-Qaeda against Houthis, and this is exactly what they're doing!

As long as the Hauthis won't come around the boarders, there won't be a tension.

Amnesty Calls on London to Suspend Arms Supplies to Saudi Arabia - YouTube
@al-Hasani
Actually, the Hauthi rebellion is much older than what you stated. In fact, they have been engaging in violent acts for more than 2 decades.

You didn't mention the civilian casualties though which makes a significant number.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the Hauthis won't come around the boarders, there won't be a tension.

Amnesty Calls on London to Suspend Arms Supplies to Saudi Arabia - YouTube
@al-Hasani
Actually, the Hauthi rebellion is much older than what you stated. In fact, they have been engaging in violent acts for more than 2 decades.

You didn't mention the civilian casualties though which makes a significant number.

Yes, I was just talking about the recent Houthi rebellion which began in the summer of 2004 due to the death of their leader al-Houthi. In June to be precise.

This is the individual I am talking about:

2aaahic.jpg

Before that they were known as الشباب المؤمن‎ (Youthful Believers roughly translated). They have operated since 1994 shortly after the unification in 1990.

The civilian loses since 1994 are about 3000-4000 I believe. Could be much worse. But sure it should be stopped altogether. The Houthi's are more or less finished politically though. Even when Ali Abdullah Saleh - a Zaydi himself ruled, he was heavily against them and was a ally of us. Now under the presidency of Mansur Hadi (a Sunni) then the policy will not change much.

The Houthi's are basically a small personal cult whose leaders aim to establish their own Kingdom in the tiny Northwestern parts of Yemen. But neither will we (KSA's government) or the Yemeni government or people allow that to happen.

Al-Qaeda on the Arabian Peninsula is much more dangerous for Yemen and KSA and the whole Peninsula for those of us who want stability and prosperity.

@al-Hasani

Most of their commands are eliminated, and the Sunni tribes along with Al-Qaida are doing a great job. However, I don't think the Hauthis will gain any benefit from instigating their enemeies on them whatsoever.

JN1 isn't a source.

Assad is killing civilians, which makes a difference.

And incidentally from the start of the peaceful uprising the amount of dead civillian who were supporters of mr. Assad were more than the one who opposed it .
Let see you can just go one level upper in this forum and see some thread about it in middle east section of the forum

And incidentally from the start of the peaceful uprising the amount of dead civillian who were supporters of mr. Assad were more than the one who opposed it .
Let see you can just go one level upper in this forum and see some thread about it in middle east section of the forum

Mind paraphrasing your narration once more? Plz?

@al-Hasani

Most of their commands are eliminated, and the Sunni tribes along with Al-Qaida are doing a great job. However, I don't think the Hauthis will gain any benefit from instigating their enemeies on them whatsoever.
you mean Saudi govt behind Al-Qaida.......holy shitzzzz....they been denying they have nothing to do with AQ. So, obviously only land route is through Saudia to fight with these tribes...

Back
Top Bottom