What's new

Fears Grow Over Yemenis' Ties to Iran

No, there is no Iranian influence. Which Iranian influence? Not in the politics not in anything else. The Houthis have already been defeated. They are irrelevant nor do they have any political influence or military one aside from their little mountainous region in PARTS of the Northwest. Iranian support to them was minimal. It is all exaggerated. Nor are any Iranians present in Yemen. People do simply not care about Iran, Iranian politics or whatever. Much like they don't care about Indian politics.

HizbAlShaitan has no presence in Yemen.

Not sure where you read all that nonsense.

The only group of relevance, aside from the tribes, is Al-Qaeda on the Arabian Peninsula now when the Houthi's are dead and buried.

The remaining are just the North/South divide which has it roots in political differences and nothing more.

Yemen will be a member state of the GCC in a very short future BTW.

Yemen was always a united country and in the ancient times, Yemen being one of the oldest civilizations on earth, was famous for its wealth. It will be wealthy and as successful as its past civilizations again. No oil is needed for that. The North-South divide is a new phenomenon that has it roots in the Cold War (communism vs capitalism, USA vs Soviet Union) which outsiders tried to use to their gain due to Yemen's strategic location. Both regions are inhabited by Yemeni Arabs. Not different ethnic groups.

Aside from that there will be no separation and Yemen will join the GCC because it is one of the most important historical Arab countries if not the most important. With a booming population and enormous unused potential.

:tup:
President_Ali_Abdullah_Saleh.jpg

23kx3xg.jpg

To those who criticized them, one of them a impoverished Iranian and a Bengali of all people (LOL) then the beauty, uniqueness, ancient history, unique architecture and natural beauty, warmth, hospitality and extreme proudness of the people, cleverness, cuisine, ancient culture etc. of Yemen will remain the same no matter who will rule. Yemenis are not rich, fat and spoiled people x with nearly no history. They live with a different pace to live and are still true to their culture on all fronts for god and bad.

Also Yemen has a strategic location - that will never change either and most importantly a very fast growing population that will contribute to the nation in the future and a very big unused potential. Moreover it is a question of time before Yemen will join the GCC.

Given all the conflicts Yemen have been through, political struggles and other unfortunate situations then they are doing better than everyone else. At least Yemen has the energy to open their arms and welcome immigrants from the world - mainly from the Horn of Africa, despite not having much themselves.

Yemenis are very clever (always been known as businessmen, merchants - extremely many successful business men in the Arab world and GCC have Yemeni origin) and their hospitality is world famous and has been praised since ancient times by Middle Easterners and non-Middle Easterners alike. The ancient Romans even called Yemen Arabia Felix (Happy Arabia) nearly 2600 years ago when they first encountered the land and its people through common trade.

Prophet Muhammad (saws) himself even blessed Yemen and the Yemeni people more than any other people and region aside from his homeland Hejaz which btw is very tied to Yemen historically since ancient times.

In the new Hirak-led South-Yemen, Iran can stablish a permanent naval base, as it is already doing in Djibouti, and maybe in future also in Eriteria and/or Sudan, two strategic allies of Iran. So Iran will have a major influence on shipping through the red sea, this is important because the Strait of Hormuz gives Iran only a sway on oil shipping, but the Bab al Mandab would give Iran also a major sway on goods shipping from East Asia to the West.

What do you mean by influence? On the first attempt Iran makes to hinder traffic it's navy is going to be destroyed in a matter of day.
Remember the last time Iran tried to hinder maritime traffic? your navy got "downgraded" in days till you submitted. do you think that Iran can project naval power far from home shores to influence naval trade there against such powers as EU/USA (China and Russia too)?

Iran should stop fanning rebellions in Sunni Nations using the Shia Populations. When other countries use Iran's Sunnis to rebel against Iran then Iran complains.

The Shia Populations in Sunni majority countries should realize that Iran is only interested in using them as baits and fodder against those Muslim countries. If any of those Shias have doubts about what I said please try to move to Iran and see how you are treated in Iran.

23kx3xg.jpg

To those who criticized them, one of them a impoverished Iranian and a Bengali of all people (LOL) then the beauty, uniqueness, ancient history, unique architecture and natural beauty, warmth, hospitality and extreme proudness of the people, cleverness, cuisine, ancient culture etc. of Yemen will remain the same no matter who will rule. Yemenis are not rich, fat and spoiled people x with nearly no history. They live with a different pace to live and are still true to their culture on all fronts for god and bad.

Also Yemen has a strategic location - that will never change either and most importantly a very fast growing population that will contribute to the nation in the future and a very big unused potential. Moreover it is a question of time before Yemen will join the GCC.

Given all the conflicts Yemen have been through, political struggles and other unfortunate situations then they are doing better than everyone else. At least Yemen has the energy to open their arms and welcome immigrants from the world - mainly from the Horn of Africa, despite not having much themselves.

Yemenis are very clever (always been known as businessmen, merchants - extremely many successful business men in the Arab world and GCC have Yemeni origin) and their hospitality is world famous and has been praised since ancient times by Middle Easterners and non-Middle Easterners alike. The ancient Romans even called Yemen Arabia Felix (Happy Arabia) nearly 2600 years ago when they first encountered the land and its people through common trade.

Prophet Muhammad (saws) himself even blessed Yemen and the Yemeni people more than any other people and region aside from his homeland Hejaz which btw is very tied to Yemen historically since ancient times.
all see Yemani a cheap labor in Saudia ,,survive on Hummos and pita ....may be clever enough not to tell their recipe of Hummos...

all see Yemani a cheap labor in Saudia ,,survive on Hummos and pita ....may be clever enough not to tell their recipe of Hummos...

You Sir have no idea what you are talking about like every time you open your mouth to speak about the beautiful Arab world.

While you are speaking about cuisine then yes, Yemeni cuisine is the most popular cuisine in the GCC. Simply because it is great.

Learn from your fellow Pakistanis:

Yemen is a very beautiful place and very hard working people. A majority of Saudi business class is of Yemeni origin and most dominant tribes of Saudi Arabia are also of Yemani origin. Despite being the grass root of Arabian civilization, Yemen is yet to secure a seat in GCC and have better economic integration with the gulf countries.

Yemeni food tastes really good, I have tried a bunch of dishes. I wish I remembered all the names. Also their tea is amazing. :D Sweet black with no milk necessary.

Majestic place.

a fictional city is also said to be inspired by a city in Yemen.

damn it looks so beautiful. Is it safe to visit? I mean despite the recent struggles its been going through? i'd love to see yemen now

Thanks for the info. I thought Morocco was beautiful and ancient. But Yemen looks more epic and ancient imo lol. Will be visiting both places end of this year InshAllah.

One of the comments was even written by a well-known anti-Arab and anti-Muslim on this forum.

j75cb5.gif

Also I will take the words of Prophet Muhammad (saws), all the Prophets before him and their words of praise about the Yemeni people and Yemen and all the other ancient civilizations in the Middle East and outside of it that had ancient ties to Yemen, before that of some nobody on a Internet forum.

What do you mean by influence? On the first attempt Iran makes to hinder traffic it's navy is going to be destroyed in a matter of day.

That depends on Iran's presence. As you probably know, Iran is able to close the Straight of Hormuz for a significant amount of time, enough to disrupt oil flow over there and to cause a oil crisis. The simple fact that Iran is able to that is greater than the notion whether Iran's navy is getting destroyed in a matter of days or not.

Remember the last time Iran tried to hinder maritime traffic? your navy got "downgraded" in days till you submitted.

Completely irrelevant, since a lot has changed since then. Iran's naval strategy and its navy an sich has changed drastically since that event, and according to various reports and experts is able to project power in its own region.

do you think that Iran can project naval power far from home shores to influence naval trade there against such powers as EU/USA (China and Russia too)?

Institute for the Study of War has published a new analysis today about Iran's navy. Read it if you are interested.

Iranian Naval and Maritime Strategy | Institute for the Study of War

http://www.understandingwar.org/sites/default/files/Iranian Naval and Maritime Strategy.pdf

^

While most Yemenite officials and Western analysts are warning for growing Iranian influence in Yemen, Hasani tries to downplay it since he is to ashamed to acknowledge that Iran has managed to create a sphere of influence in KSA's backyard. It doesn't matter if the Zaidi's are religiously more similar to Sunnis or Shia Twelvers, since they are getting politically and militarily more attached to Iran with every day. Not even considering the fact that some Houthi leaders/clerics are studying in Qom. Hezbollah has a important role in Yemen too.

You get to differentiate between Influence and terrorism, Iran is arming terrorists and instigating them against the state. That's all. They're being taken care of over there. Iran is the most isolated and contempted country in the world, everybody is kicking it's @ss in different forms, economically, politically and religiously. It's Shia brothers are being spanked and it can't do anything about it except moaning. :cry:

You Sir have no idea what you are talking about like every time you open your mouth to speak about the beautiful Arab world.

While you are speaking about cuisine then yes, Yemeni cuisine is the most popular cuisine in the GCC. Simply because it is great.

Learn from your fellow Pakistanis:

One of the comments was even written by a well-known anti-Arab and anti-Muslim on this forum.

j75cb5.gif

Also I will take the words of Prophet Muhammad (saws), all the Prophets before him and their words of praise about the Yemeni people and Yemen and all the other ancient civilizations in the Middle East and outside of it that had ancient ties to Yemen, before that of some nobody on a Internet forum.
I know and felt like visiting the shrine of one of prophet on mountain top...don't remember the name. It was nice documentary on travel channel....May be Hazrat Hud....don t remember ....only walk on mountain top ,,,

You get to differentiate between Influence and terrorism, Iran is arming terrorists and instigating them against the state. That's all. They're being taken care of over there.

Terrorism is an power projection too. Why do you think Qatar is doing the same in Gaza and elsewhere? How did you thought Hezbollah was created? Look where they are now. The fact that Yemenites are turning to Iran shows how these people were treated by Yemenite and Saudi policies.

Iran is the most isolated and contempted country in the world, everybody is kicking it's @ss in different forms, economically, politically and religiously.

If Iran is the most isolated country in the world, how do you explain the simple fact that Iran was supported by NAM-countries a couple of months ago, which make up 66% of countries in the world? Or the simple fact that even your own country hosted Iran's Foreign Minister not long ago. You sir, are the dumbest Arab on this forum.

It's Shia brothers are being spanked and it can't do anything about it except moaning. :cry:

The only one who are being spanked today are Sunni extremists.

What a stupid article.

Indeed it is very stupid. As I already explained.

I know and felt like visiting the shrine of one of prophet on mountain top...don't remember the name. It was nice documentary on travel channel....May be Hazrat Hud....don t remember ....only walk on mountain top ,,,

Many Prophets are buried in Yemen and also, if I remember correctly, the highest amount of Sahabah.

There are many great documentaries about Yemen to be honest made by Westerners, Arabs and Middle Eastern people alike. Yemen has always been a unique country that has drawn travelers to its beautiful lands.

There was a very good BBC documentary about the relatively peaceful demonstrations against Ali Abdullah Saleh back in 2011. Very good.

Then there is the Yemeni Gentleman and the English Sheikh, a lot of history documentaries, travel documentaries. In terms of other themes then you need to watch Arab documentaries.

I can recommend you to watch it. The documentary was made in 1999 though so a lot has changed in terms of politics but not in terms of much else which is a wonderful thing. I hope it stays like it has for thousands of years until Judgement Day. No other people than Yemenis are as good to protect their cultural heritage in the Middle East. Even if Yemen became the richest country overnight I would not like it simply because I would fear that the unique architecture, charm etc. of Yemen would be transformed to another skyscraper hell that you can find all over the world especially the newly developing world. No, thank you very much, I will pass.

English Sheikh, Yemeni Gentleman - YouTube

I suggest that every ignorant about Yemen watch that documentary above.

Terrorism is an power projection too. Why do you think Qatar is doing the same in Gaza and elsewhere? How did you thought Hezbollah was created? Look where they are now. The fact that Yemenites are turning to Iran shows how these people were treated by Yemenite and Saudi policies.

Man, you haven't even recovered from the last spanking you got from Arabs, don't ask for an another one poor Iranian:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom