What's new

Fatwa against modelling by Muslim women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fighter488

Reaction score
Fatwa against modelling by Muslim women

Muzaffarnagar: A fatwa has been issued by Darul Uloom Deoband, the leading Islamic seminary, against modelling by Muslim women.The seminary has said exhibiting bodies by Muslim women while modelling is against the sharia.

The fatwa, which describes modelling as un-Islamic, was issued by Mufti Habibur Rehman, Mufti Mehmood Hasan, Mufti Fakhrul Islam, Mufti Zanul Islam and Mufti Waqar Ali of the seminary on Monday. PTI

What about ladies who wear skirts & play tennis - Sania Mirza perhaps ?

Is such interference in a persons personal affairs necessary ? I have often wondered how is it that a Gent somewhere rules what is right / wrong for the entire community ?

... and do / should the people meekly agree ?

>Sharia
>implying we live in a law system from over 1000 years ago that condones wife-beating
>also implying anyone will bother following it

They are either religious or your not. Modelling is thier choice and no one can stop it.

There are fatwas and ruling on these issues, already in place.

Abiding by Fatwas is a personal matter, for every individual. Religious scholar's responsibilty is to make the particular issue clear and transparent, in view of Sharia. That is what this fatwa did.

Fighter

I wonder if these Muftis ever release Fatwas about the killing of the innocent in the hands of terrorists such as taliban and al qaeda? they are quite busy ruling the other things out, but they are damn silent(majority of them) about killing people.

I wonder if these Muftis ever release Fatwas about the killing of the innocent in the hands of terrorists such as taliban and al qaeda? they are quite busy ruling the other things out, but they are damn silent(majority of them) about killing people.

they have issued these fatwas 100s of times it is you who never bothered to read them and only came when they issued Fatwah on Modelling.

Thats a different thing i myself do watch these hot chicks doing catwalk on floor or modelling :rofl: but Islamically you cannot deny this is wrong. There is no way you can back womens modelling who happens to be semi nude can be islamic whatsoever. It will remain Unislamic and should be discouraged by the religious scholars. Now thats a different matter we peoples of this era no longer follow our religions properly and trying to play with the law of Allah and making unislamic things into Islamic. We are indeed a bad Muslims that is the reason why we are being beaten up everywhere :cry::cry::cry:

Doing a sin is different and trying to make Haram things halal is something different. I ask forgiveness from Allah for being such a bad muslim but i do not have the courage to make Haram things halal just because i watch these :cry:

Is modelling permitted in Pakistan? Will this fatwa now change the perception of modelling in Pakistan considering that it is an Islamic Republic ?

they have issued these fatwas 100s of times it is you who never bothered to read them and only came when they issued Fatwah on Modelling.

Thats a different thing i myself do watch these hot chicks doing catwalk on floor or modelling :rofl: but Islamically you cannot deny this is wrong. There is no way you can back womens modelling who happens to be semi nude can be islamic whatsoever. It will remain Unislamic and should be discouraged by the religious scholars. Now thats a different matter we peoples of this era no longer follow our religions properly and trying to play with the law of Allah and making unislamic things into Islamic. We are indeed a bad Muslims that is the reason why we are being beaten up everywhere :cry::cry::cry:

Doing a sin is different and trying to make Haram things halal is something different. I ask forgiveness from Allah for being such a bad muslim but i do not have the courage to make Haram things halal just because i watch these :cry:

we all know that is forbiden according to the Quran, but what is the need of that Fatwa that we all know it?

>Sharia
>implying we live in a law system from over 1000 years ago that condones wife-beating

They are either religious or your not. Modelling is thier choice and no one can stop it.

Completely agreed bro. Hope someone tells the same to these bigots! :[

Is modelling permitted in Pakistan? Will this fatwa now change the perception of modelling in Pakistan considering that it is an Islamic Republic ?

LOL? Modeling is permitted in Pakistan. Heck, people outside PK have a very conservative view of Pakistan.

Surprise! A lot of Pakistanis shave![Arguably there is a Hadith againt it], a lot of Pakistanis smoke[intoxicant haraam as per Islam], quite a few Pakistanis in the US drink[intoxicant], you have a lot of Pakistani models around[sizzling hot], a Pakistani Male is just as likely to watch **** or oggle as an Indian male or a British male or an Arabic male.

Yes it is permitted and the fatwa not going to change anything there.

we all know that is forbiden according to the Quran, but what is the need of that Fatwa that we all know it?

For the sake of Muslim Ummah. I know Muslims who does not even know how to recite Kalima. I have seen peoples who has never ever read the Holy Qur'an with Translation and giving fatwah's like they are MUFTI Saab.

If anybody who is in doubt whether this is right/allowed in Islam or not can now understand it is forbidden.

Thats all i wanted to say here :rolleyes:

Yes it is permitted and the fatwa not going to change anything there.

For the sake of Muslim Ummah. I know Muslims who does not even know how to recite Kalima. I have seen peoples who has never ever read the Holy Qur'an with Translation and giving fatwah's like they are MUFTI Saab.

If anybody who is in doubt whether this is right/allowed in Islam or not can now understand it is forbidden.

Thats all i wanted to say here :rolleyes:

I wish these Muftis gave fatwas against things like "hatred", "laziness", "foul language" etc. which are far greater sins than modeling. Instead these people constantly make controversial statements against women.

>Sharia

im really interested in knowing which book have you read on Fiqh? after all u gave such a sweeping statement.

I wish these Muftis gave fatwas against things like "hatred", "laziness", "foul language" etc. which are far greater sins than modeling. Instead these people constantly make controversial statements against women.

With due respect, where did you learn about "modeling" being less sin and "hatred", "laziness", "foul language" etc being greater sins?

These things do not require fatwahs. These are already condemned in Ahadees and the Holy Qur'an and you can find fatwah in almost all issues of mankind. Your wish was fullfilled 1400 years ago when these things were forbidden in Islam. Read the chapter "Surah Humaza" 104th chapter of the Holy Qur'an. Read the sayings of Prophet and all these things like Foul Language were forbidden those days.

You usually require fatwah which is not written in the Holy Quran or in Ahadees. But backbiting, lying, foul language, hatred etc are were forbidden in the Holy Qur'an and Ahadees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom