What's new

farmer commit suicide in AAP ralley live on TV

Who funds for all this? Libyan oil money?

oil was just incidental to libya and existed before the 1969 al-fatah revolution where it wasn't used for development but to enrich the already rich ( like the king )... after 1969, the main reason behind the jamahiriya welfare system was human comfort and happiness.

as skylord replied to me day before yesterday, the indian "it and services" industry was india's oil... but the intent became to buy weapons with that money.

why are you even trying to reason with people like these? dont you understand it does not matter where he came from , all that matters is that the blame has somehow to be assigned on the opp.
Aadat se Majboor.... The tricolor under every name here tells me to tirelessly promote actual issues irrespective of politics.

Hi,

I think that is an oversimplification of the underlying issue. There are a lot things the government can do for farming to be less reliant on external fluctuating factors, which have not been undertaken by the states yet, especially in drought stricken areas.

Government should only help farmers help themselves - primarily through education - and perhaps underwrite crop insurance for a fee. If the farmer is incapable of being productive, he should not be farming.

oil was just incidental to libya and existed before the 1969 al-fatah revolution where it wasn't used for development but to enrich the already rich ( like the king )... after 1969, the main reason behind the jamahiriya welfare system was human comfort and happiness.

as skylord replied to me day before yesterday, the indian "it and services" industry was india's oil... but the intent became to buy weapons with that money.

I don't get it, what you're taking about is going to cost trillions of dollars and is hardly going to be self sustaining because of adverse selection. I can just farm if I want to without any expectation of efficiency. Why the hell should I, as a tax payer, pay for all this?

Government should only help farmers help themselves - primarily through education - and perhaps underwrite crop insurance for a fee. If the farmer is incapable of being productive, he should not be farming.
But the government, especially the state governments do not undertake these issues, they are interested is pushing through ridiculous issues instead. Irrigation is one of the most important areas, and for a farmer to see his crops fizzling out purely due to drought is one of the most heart wrenching issues. Debts leading to loosing ones land, house, status among friends and other farmers, create an unbearable situation. Lack of education or government help doesn't help the poor farmers in rationalizing the situation.

AAP's 'concern' for farmers:

CDMtQS4VAAAjMBj.jpg

CDMqSVdVEAAssnl.jpg

Irrigation is one of the most important areas, and for a farmer to see his crops fizzling out purely due to drought is one of the most heart wrenching issues.

Completely agree - that's why industrialization and capital intensive method of farming will assist. Large scale farming projects will enable self-funding for irrigation projects. This will not happen unless farmers realize small scale farming isn't working for them. Any free handouts and trying to make small scale farmers linger on and farm will only worsen the situation.

Debts leading to loosing ones land, house, status among friends and other farmers, create a unbearable situation. Lack of education or government help doesn't help the poor farmers is rationalizing the situation.

Why should farmer debts be any different to the debt taken by someone to start his small business? If the latter commits a suicide, would you ask the government to bail them out? Debt is a risk people take expecting a return - they should simply not take the risk if they are not in a position of self-solvency. As a tax payer, why should I allow my money to be spent on people who are not capable of investing and managing their position properly?

Hi,

I think that is an oversimplification of the underlying issue. There are a lot things the government can do for farming to be less reliant on external fluctuating factors, which have not been undertaken by the states yet, especially in drought stricken areas.

Sir,

The areas where irrigation is underdeveloped is because either there is of availability of water or there is no need for irrigation because those areas receive such high rainfall that any attempt at irrigation would lead to waterlogging.

It should be noted that India has largest irrigated area in the world in both absolute and relative term and there is little scope of expanding it any further. Vidarbha is drought prone, but unless water of Brahmaputra will be diverted there, there is very little that could be done to alleviate drought conditions in Vidarbha.

The point is that there are much more people in farming sector than that sector could sustain. 50% population just produces 15% of country's GDP. This is indication of unproductive employment of labour in Agriculture sector. This labour has to be diverted to other productive sectors in order to employ them gainfully. The change in Land acquisition act ,against which all these "pro-poor" parties are agitation , are needed for industrial development which would give an alternative to farming 2 bigha land.

Last edited:
This is what Kejriwal, the "new" politician had to say about this incident for,

About 20 minutes after the man was taken away, Mr Kejriwal told the crowd, "I feel sad that before our eyes he climbed the tree. I kept telling the police to save him. The police are not in our control, but at least they are under god's control."

What an utter scumbag.

Motherfucking communist

A rajasthani farmer has committed suicide live on TV in AAP ralley held today in Delhi, he leave 3 kids behind whom he was unable to feed, who is responsible for this I think AAP can't run away this time

This would create more problem for BJP than AAP.

It only shows that Kejariwal is a slimebag who prefer playing politics over farmer death and did not prevent that Farmer's suicide by directing his supporters to strongarm that farmer thus preventing him from doing so (probably he wanted a dead farmer to spice things up). It would take appreciable amount of time to form a noose and hang one self during which anyone standing around him could prevent it.

But anyone who had some grey matter in his skull knew that Kejriwal is a slimebag.

Since the farmer was from Rajasthan, BJP would be hauled over coals for this.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but this this what you get when you rabble rouse and create a frenzy, instead of trying to have a rational and civilised discussion on the matter what is the AAP and Congress doing? Screaming at the top of their voices, telling half truths, calling the Govt names etc etc

For the Chief Minister to claim to be a man of the people and yet not bat an eyelid when a man commits suicide right before his eyes is beyond disgusting.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom