What's new

Famous People Born in Bangladesh

Nobody mentioned Chuni Goswami. He captained Indian football team which won gold medal in 1962 Asian games and silvar 1966 Asian games. He also captained Bengal cricket team which played Ronji trophy final. Despite being born at east bengal, he only played for onle club Mohun Bagan and even refused offer from Tottenham Hotspur!

chuni-goswami.jpg

Chuni Goswami, Kishoreganj District

Vilayat+Khan.gif

Ustad Vilayat Khan, Gauripur

Comrade_Muzaffar_Ahmed_s.jpg

Muzaffar Ahmed, Sandwip Island, Noakhali District

bimal-roy-edit.jpg

Bimal Roy, Suapur - Bengal Presidency

india_pdt_itw_44017_sq_medium.jpg

Priya Ranjan Dasmunshi, Chiribander - East Bengal

Also Vilyat Khan, Muzaffar Ahmed(Founder of communist party of India ) , Bimal Roy, Pankaj Roy, Priya Ranjan dasmunshi.

Pankaj Roy was born in Kolkata - Biography says.

Bou ghoti, mukhujje poribar, adi bari Bardhaman! Ami shuddur , bangal refugee ! :mamba:

Hahaha.... :D Amio Bangal refugee!! Lol!! :P

Amio :D

Only famous Bangladeshi I know of.

2010-12-03-19-57-20-inner-dipjol.jpg

This thread is funny though. Seems like 90% of famous people born in Bangladesh ended up leaving the country. What a loss, all in the name of religion. :woot:

Yeah, all in the name of religion.
btw is he the Rupjal guy? :)

And here is our version of Zaib-un-Nissa_Hamidullah. :)

nafisa.jpg

Nafisa Ali was born to photographer, Ahmed Ali, son of S. Wajid Ali and brother of Zaib-un-Nissa Hamidullah. She hails from Kolkata, West Bengal.

yes in fact, once back in karachi a relative of mine who is also a relative of Zaib-un-Nissa Hamidullah from his dad's side did told me that, famous philanthropist & actress of junoon Nafisa ali of Calcutta was is his relative, then I asked my mom & she confirmed it, in fact Zaib un nisa was Nafisa ali's own phuppi (dads' sister), the calcuttiya community (people from Calcutta) in Karachi are a quite a close knitted community

yes in fact, once back in karachi a relative of mine who is also a relative of Zaib-un-Nissa Hamidullah from his dad's side did told me that, famous philanthropist & actress of junoon Nafisa ali of Calcutta was is his relative, then I asked my mom & she confirmed it, in fact Zaib un nisa was Nafisa ali's own phuppi (dads' sister), the calcuttiya community (people from Calcutta) in Karachi are a quite a close knitted community

Hey, where's your ancestral origin ? If I am not wrong, Bihar right?

Hey, where's your ancestral origin ? If I am not wrong, Bihar right?

originally from some village or small town in utter Pradesh in jaunpur /azamghar , bihari is more of a stereotype coz of the bd factor though my family migrated to cal more then a century ago ! during the British time & then to Pak in the 50's/60-'s

originally from some village or small town in utter Pradesh in jaunpur /azamghar , bihari is more of a stereotype coz of the bd factor though my family migrated to cal more then a century ago ! during the British time & then to Pak in the 50's/60-'s

Cal? which place you remember ?

Did you ever visit India ?

Her dad was a Customs officer serving in Karachi. Therefore, her schooling was in Urdu. Much like Gen Zia although he was taught Bangla at home.

asad bhai I don't know but could you shed some light on this, one of my uncle, who studied with Shaheed Zia-ur-Rahman in d.j. collage ,Karachi & knew him well, said late Mansur saheb , father of president Zia ur rahman was from Calcutta, as he was well known & quiet respected among the Calcutta community in Karachi, he used to speak fluent Urdu

Back
Top Bottom