What's new

Famous People Born in Bangladesh

is there any famous bangladeshi born in west bengal but moved ..

Jyoti Basu and Siddhartha Shankar Ray also were born in present day BD I think.

Also Syed Mujtaba Ali, the famous storyteller was born in BD but moved to India after facing ire of then east pakistani govt for supporting Bangla.

Strange nobody mentioned Suchitra Sen, the Audrey Hepburn of Bengal!

internationally acclaimed singer of Bangladesh James
O21120107557.jpg

James.jpg

Most well to do Bengali Muslims moved during partition. Off the top of my head I remember Suhrawardy, Iskindar Mirza.

Famous BD actor Razzak was born in west Bengal but moved to Bangladesh. He is Uttam Kumar of our film industry.

1.jpg

Abdur Razzak (actor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also Syed Mujtaba Ali, the famous storyteller was born in BD but moved to India after facing ire of then east pakistani govt for supporting Bangla.

I have already mentioned Suchitra in my first post. She is called 'Pabnar Meye' and every year her birthday is celebrated in Bangladesh. Suchitra Film festival is also arranged.

Never knew that she cannot read or write Bangla but she can speak and sing very well in Hindi. She rendered some very beautiful songs in Hindi movies in the 1970s but then left because of her own personal reason. She is known for her Hindi songs throughout India but when I heard her sing Dama dam mast qalandar on youtube, she just blew me away. I also heard the same song by many others like Noor Jehan on youtube in different musical recordings but Runa Laila sounded better than Noor Jehan to me. I understand very little Bangla so cannot say much about her songs in Bangla.

She often comes to India to judge various singing competitions, the most recent was Sur Kshetra in 2012 where she spoke fluent Hindi in a very sweet manner.

Her dad was a Customs officer serving in Karachi. Therefore, her schooling was in Urdu. Much like Gen Zia although he was taught Bangla at home.

Did we forget Jyoti Basu, PC Sarkar, Nirod Chaudhury, Sher e Bangla, Gen Wasiuddin, Khwaja Nazimuddin, Maulavi Tamijuddin, Gen Osmani, Sheikh Mujib, Abed of BRAC, Nawab Salimullah, Gen Zia, poet Jasimuddin, Humayun Ahmed, singer Abbasuddin, artist Joynul Abedin, architect Mazharul Islam, architect FR Khan, Dr Nurul Islam physician, Dr Nurul Islam economist, Group Capt Saiful Azam, and more I will recollect later?

Hey Suchitra Sen has been mentioned in Post# 1 :)

Jyoti Basu was born in West Bengal...

JYOTI BASU : BRIEF LIFE-SKETCH | Jyoti Basu

M. Shahid Alam

born in dhaka

famous Pakistani academic , economist & social scientist

M. Shahid Alam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zaib-un-Nissa Hamidullah

legend & pioneer of Pakistani literature and journalism in English, though born in Calcutta , her mom was anglo indian & her dad was from bangladesh

Zaib-un-Nissa_Hamidullah.jpg

Zaib-un-Nissa Hamidullah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alamgir

born in bangladesh
legendary singer & pioneer of pop music of Pakistan

Alamgir (pop singer) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And here is our version of Zaib-un-Nissa_Hamidullah. :)

nafisa.jpg

Nafisa Ali was born to photographer, Ahmed Ali, son of S. Wajid Ali and brother of Zaib-un-Nissa Hamidullah. She hails from Kolkata, West Bengal.

sorcar11.jpg

Senior P.C. Sarkar, Tangail

Nirad-C-Chaudhari.jpg

Nirad.C.Chaudhari, Kishoreganj District

250px-Bangabandhu02_big.jpg

Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Tungipara Upazila

@IamBengali most of them r proud indians. why r u posting their pics?

Last edited by a moderator:
@IamBengali most of them r proud indians. why r u posting their pics?

I have posted pics in this thread more than IamBengali :D, you can start posting pics of famous personalities from BD. That'll be good!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom