Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Families of late soldiers to receive flats in Lahore, says Kayani
By Mariam Essa
Published: November 26, 2013
LAHORE: Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani said “families of martyred soldiers will receive flats” in DHA Lahore.

Speaking at the ceremony of Junior Commissioned Officers (JCO) Soldier Housing Insurance scheme on Tuesday, he added that the flats have been constructed in the form of a colony.

“The purpose of this scheme is to provide the families with a place to call home,” he said. Each family will receive one flat.

The scheme was exclusive to the army in its initial stages. However, on October 1, 2013, this benefit was extended to members of battalions who die fighting in Azad Kashmir.

Kayani said that the families are free to do what they want with the flats. “You can live in them, or put them on rent,” he said.

The only condition is that the flats can only be sold with the permission of the soldiers’ children, he added, once they are old enough to make the decision.

Everyone who dies in service will be included in the scheme, Kayani stated, regardless of the length of their service.

During the ceremony, family members of late soldiers were invited on to stage to receive keys to their new homes from the army chief.

Excellent scheme! Together with family pension etc, it should be fair compensation. However, the cost of death is immeasurable and the trauma of losing a near and dear one can never be fully compensated.

Excellent scheme! Together with family pension etc, it should be fair compensation. However, the cost of death is immeasurable and the trauma of losing a near and dear one can never be fully compensated.

You know, I don't hate you all the time.

You're among the handful of bhartees on this site, that I would have no problem grabbing a kebab with.

As for the rest of your saffron chaadi wearing friends. :tdown:

You're among the handful of bhartees on this site, that I would have no problem grabbing a kebab with.

I call them also Safron Bandits.

Thats a wonderful thing. We are very proud of all our soldiers and their families giving immense sacrifices for the country.

Excellent scheme ...... i know this is very very little repayment for their sacrifices but its a good start :pakistan:

what about the soldiers who died in kargil . many of them were forced to fight in civilian clothes and a big percentage of them are still not acknowledged by the military

what about the soldiers who died in kargil . many of them were forced to fight in civilian clothes and a big percentage of them are still not acknowledged by the military

Not of your concern.

Leaving 3-4 Indian members rest are just pure sh!t. In fact worse than that.

People who die protecting their homeland and honor will always remain heroes. No amount can compensate for their ultimate sacrifice. This shows as a token of love for these brave soldiers’ families. They gave their lives so others can live in peace. This is the least a nation can do for its heroes.

Abdul Quddus
DET- United States Central Command
www.centcon.mil/ur

It's a shame that the common Pakistanis don't get anything.

Those who have disappeared , died in ethnic cleansing and drone attacks are served justice by rewarding their killers.

Only in pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom