What's new

F-35 now 'unaffordable', says US Defence official

now russia may cease the oppertunity and roll out their pakfa for selling it to the world.

You like that more right ? But i hope PAKFA or FGFA to be sold only to the closest friends. And i think its how brahmos is now going to be.

You like that more right ? But i hope PAKFA or FGFA to be sold only to the closest friends. And i think its how brahmos is now going to be.

i like russian tech.

if f.35 fails . many countries will loom for alternatives and russia will be fool not to cease the money making opertunity.

i like russian tech.

if f.35 fails . many countries will loom for alternatives and russia will be fool not to cease the money making opertunity.

Then dont forget we will get our FAIR SHARE and we will be happy and sure wont give to unfriendly states, I dont think its who is ready to buy when the product is manufactured successfully its WHO TOOK THE RISK TO SUPPORT EVEN WHEN THE PRODUCT IS IN DRAWING BOARD AND RUSSIA WILL SURELY KNOW IT

i like russian tech.

If the F35 fails the NATO countries will still go to one of their own for a new deal, besides though it may end up a debacle, all countries involved are too deep into it to back out.

major contributors of nato are now skint. UK has 4.3 trllion pound debt and shedding much of her armed forces. just grounded all harriers and mothballed akrcraft carriers. euro zone is busy bailing out bankrupt countries like portugal and greece. USA also doesnt have unlimited money to waste on a projecg that vets expensive every assing day. eventually the cost of finished product will be too much for most countries. rivals should be ready.with a cheaper affordsble model.

major contributors of nato are now skint. UK has 4.3 trllion pound debt and shedding much of her armed forces. just grounded all harriers and mothballed akrcraft carriers. euro zone is busy bailing out bankrupt countries like portugal and greece. USA also doesnt have unlimited money to waste on a projecg that vets expensive every assing day. eventually the cost of finished product will be too much for most countries. rivals should be ready.with a cheaper affordsble model.

i've been hearing about this for so long ..and i think it is time to set things straight. It's not Greece or Portugal who failed and nor are they being bailed out.

Greeks have lost up to 75% of their income (which was already 40% less than the average European) while since 2002 to date Greece was in the top 3 most expensive countries to live in.

it is the power of monopolies -unregulated by EU- and the western banking system that brought Greece. portugal, ireland to their knees.
and now the UK is feeling the effect of relying on crappy house price inflation economics and scales of borrowing ever more to prove you are more successful by measuring the size of your mortgage instead of anything else.

As for the F35, I was saying these things for years, it was a bad idea plane and it was badly implemented. The plane in itself might be awesome (it isn't) but it is not what aiforces backbones are made of

Then dont forget we will get our FAIR SHARE and we will be happy and sure wont give to unfriendly states, I dont think its who is ready to buy when the product is manufactured successfully its WHO TOOK THE RISK TO SUPPORT EVEN WHEN THE PRODUCT IS IN DRAWING BOARD AND RUSSIA WILL SURELY KNOW IT

so what you are saying is that countries that doesn't participate in the making of f-35 shouldnt get it to?

i think that defense department wants government to build more F-22 at the cost of F-35 program

thats great if F-35 fails and become unaffordable for the US and its allies ......Insha-Allah....:woot:

You wonder if it was a better Idea to build the 385 or so F-22's..
At least they work.

The F35 will eventuate, like the aircraft before it, they all had the development problems. I remember the F18. The US and partners can't afford to scrap the project at this stage

A USAF general once responded to a question by a reporter about the high price of replacing the strike fight fleet with:

"Some things are priceless, defense of our nation's skies is one of those things."

Actually the problem the US is having is not making the f35s its actually the cost of MAINTAINING them that is where the expense really lies the cost of maintaining the f35s is I THINK more then the f22s...plus dude everybody knows theyre still going to make no matter what theyre just bluffing plus the with what the russians and chinese are coming up with the us has and will always stay ahead technologically speaking so its not possible theyre gonna scrap the project they spent so much on they probably just bluffing everybody else by saying ohhhh its too expensive we need a cheaper model instead theyre making us feel easy so they could pump it even more LOL

Cost became unaffordable because of the scale of replacementt, 2,443 birds is a very big number

Back
Top Bottom