What's new

F-22 Fighter Loses $79 Billion Advantage in Dogfights: Report

The Raptor is a masterpiece in military aviation. No competitors, no threat.

Even the PAK-FA and J-20 (once they're ready) will still be years behind on the technological level.

The US has always ruled the skies and doesn't seem to be losing that seat ever.

First of all the users of the Euro-Fighter Typhoon are American Allies. And second, the plane would never even get close as the BVR missiles would destroy any fighter before they can challenge the F-22 before engaging in dog fighting.

Question ... how does a non stealth craft detect a F22 stealth fighter in air , even in a dog fight when the two planes cross paths and go opposite directions visibility is lost

While the F22 Pilot knows where the F16 is , the F16 pilot does not know where the position is for the F22 to make it worse the F22 has ability to launch BVR missiles simultaneously engage 3-4 enemy targets that is a big advantage in air

If someone can explain too me how a F16 fighter would even make it a fight throw in 20 Indian Rafele as well

I mean how do the `locking`systems on a plane pick up F22 if its stealth

The only , possibility is that the incoming missiles will setup counter meassures

`Flairs`and decoys in F16 OR other fighters .. to avoid the initial BVR missiles if the first attack for F22 fails it will be out of ammunition ... am I correct or wrong

After which if 5 F22 face 10 f16 and 20 Rafael .. then probably these could be hunted down

Question ... how does a non stealth craft detect a F22 stealth fighter in air , even in a dog fight when the two planes cross paths and go opposite directions visibility is lost

While the F22 Pilot knows where the F16 is , the F16 pilot does not know where the position is for the F22 to make it worse the F22 has ability to launch BVR missiles simultaneously engage 3-4 enemy targets that is a big advantage in air

If someone can explain too me how a F16 fighter would even make it a fight throw in 20 Indian Rafele as well

I mean how do the `locking`systems on a plane pick up F22 if its stealth

The only , possibility is that the incoming missiles will setup counter meassures

`Flairs`and decoys in F16 OR other fighters .. to avoid the initial BVR missiles if the first attack for F22 fails it will be out of ammunition ... am I correct or wrong

After which if 5 F22 face 10 f16 and 20 Rafael .. then probably these could be hunted down

AIM9x intercepts - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom