'Everyone is equally responsible to destabilize peace in Karachi' - MQM

W.11

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
logo.jpg

MQM-Islamabad-Press-Club.gif

ISLAMABAD: Deputy Convenor of MQM, Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui has said that the situation in
Karachi is because of every act from MQM as well as others. All are equally responsible for
destabilising peace in the metropolitan city.

While addressing at Islamabad Press Club, Deputy Convenor Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui along with Nabeel
Gabol said that MQM has reservations over rangers operation in Karachi, calling army for city control was not
against constitution. The F.I.R against Nabeel Gabol for the murder of Peoples Aman Committee leader Zafar
Baloch is propaganda against MQM.

Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui said that even additional Inspector General (IG) Shahid Hayat said that Zafar
Baloch’s murder is a result of gang war. MQM will support initiatives of operations against Land and Drug
Mafia. Every political party agrees to the operation in Karachi city but some people don’t want peace in the
city.

He said that Karachi city is turning into Wana and Waziristan and for this purpose operations must be carried
out on the basis of equality. He admitted that MQM too is responsible to bring unrest in Karachi along with
other parties. Nabeel Gabol and Nadeem Hashmi are both politically victimised and it is to save the original
culprits and name MQM people as suspected.

Does it mean MQM is equally involved too ... ?? :whistle:

more than equal... i saw in Channel 4 uk program based on karachi. Reporter spent time with police officer and ambulance driver. He said its all about drugs and drugs route. So all those killings are money related. All politicans are running gangs to earn money and killing each other. Same as in mexico

more than equal... i saw in Channel 4 uk program based on karachi. Reporter spent time with police officer and ambulance driver. He said its all about drugs and drugs route. So all those killings are money related. All politicans are running gangs to earn money and killing each other. Same as in mexico

you mean to suggest MQM runs drug business? :lol:

its pretty funny to see people blaming all the ills of Karachi on MQM

drugs are produced and smuggled from afghanistan and northern regions of Pakistan including FATA, KPK and maybe Balochistan, surely you dont blame MQM for doing drug smuggling and all that stuff :lol:

"All are equally responsible for destabilising peace in the metropolitan city."

"All are equally responsible" - i.e., no one is better than anyone else. Sounds like something a criminal would claim: how dare you accuse me of a crime, you're just as much a criminal as I am!

Recognizing that some people - or groups of people - are better than others is a necessary step in moving from a mediation-based culture - which exists on balance of arms and violence - to the rule of law. Otherwise why not change places with a local convict? After all, he's just as good a person as you, the people in prison are no worse than those in your current neighborhood, but in prison the food and board cost nothing.

"All are equally responsible for destabilising peace in the metropolitan city.".
But there is a difference. MQM is the largest bhatta mafi and target killer party.
85% share in bhatta and target killing... :undecided:
No need to drag everyone here...............
Few PPPP, ANP , TTP is also involved but crime ratio is nothing compared to MQM

Agree with MQM Statement.. Everyone on is responsible. Especially the civilians...

"The one who keep getting silent injustice is equally responsible for the miseries..."

It's time for civilians to get out and Reject all political parties..

But there is a difference. MQM is the largest bhatta mafi and target killer party.
85% share in bhatta and target killing...

I will tend to disagree here. Though MQM is the founding member of Bhatta club, but it is not the largest of those. I would say it comes towards the tail enders. Leading is Amn Committee supported by PPP, ST (surprised?), TTP is being fed by Amn Committee, ANP and then may be MQM.

MQM bhatta is in shape of Chanda, which is also sometime negotiable and amounts are less. Resistance may involve some violence. However, with others there is no negotiations amounts are high and results are fatal.

"All are equally responsible for destabilising peace in the metropolitan city."

"All are equally responsible" - i.e., no one is better than anyone else. Sounds like something a criminal would claim: how dare you accuse me of a crime, you're just as much a criminal as I am!

Recognizing that some people - or groups of people - are better than others is a necessary step in moving from a mediation-based culture - which exists on balance of arms and violence - to the rule of law. Otherwise why not change places with a local convict? After all, he's just as good a person as you, the people in prison are no worse than those in your current neighborhood, but in prison the food and board cost nothing.

Unless you know that you are actually the better half, however you don't want to make that statement because of obvious reasons. How does one claim he/she is the better person even when he/she actually is??

MQM still has a good part of its fingers still stuck in the honey pot of illegal activities. Comparing them who are supposed to be seasoned politicians after 15 years in power to some parties and gangs who have minimal presence is unfair. All what its worth, the ratio of what is demanded by MQM as protection or other illegal service money is miniscule compared to its size. Let me give you an example,

MQM parchi is mass distributed in a shopping complex and it the amount is between Rs1000 to Rs5000 each. It is called "Fitra" instead of Bhatta. Not paying hasn't caused any problems for the past 4 years. This data has been collected personally in main saddar market. I do not have any data of who pays and who doesn't, but I would guess a lot of people pay for them to not notice the few who do not. I have no information about how things or what kind of parchis or fitra collection happen in other locations. There is also a big hide collection income that happens every year which amounts to business in the billions.

PAC or TTP parchis are given to selected shop owners. One parchi I have seen is for 500000k. I have heard that is the minimum. There is no such thing as not paying that parchi, the question comes as to who you know that can negotiate with the gang to drop that amount to a more manageable sum. Harassing calls and gun and grenade attacks follow if deal is not going well.

These are activities of new kids on the block trying to get their foot in the door. Much like MQM did 15 years ago with very little resistance for other non existent armed gangs. Now these other groups are trying to snatch the business while MQM is trying to hold out on its income and provide protection.

85% share in bhatta and target killing... :undecided:

That is the rant of the king of ignorant. Ignorance is not really a bliss dude, get out of the mentality.

There is no involvement of MQM in any extortion, kidnapping for ransom, bank dacoity etc. I have mentioned others as a preemptive move. In the 90's, MQM elements may have been involved in extortion but everything changed after Musharraf gave them power that they deserve.

And the day you come across the elements of Lyari, you will eat your words, especially the last line!

Agree with MQM Statement.. Everyone on is responsible. Especially the civilians...

"The one who keep getting silent injustice is equally responsible for the miseries..."

It's time for civilians to get out and Reject all political parties..

The actual practical move would be to invest in security rather then payment of ransom or extortion money. They should have armed security with authority to shoot extortionists/kidnappers etc.

SOS, to MQM!
whatever you hve done, its not a matter right now!
PAKARMY needs political support from you , in its war on terror!
its the time, you come up in full support of your forces, with out any obsticals in your mind, any thing happening in karachi is directly related to the situation , we are having in KPK or FATA, if we can control these terrorists everything else can be brought down ezly?
so plz, tell your national leadership, to open up thier voices in favour of your patriotic forces, & reject the so called peace talks?
open up your mind set up, the example how patriotic political parties, should behave!
its important messege, if its heard thn it will hve a very good out come for the future govt setup & for MQM too.
thanks
from the club of angels!
with good hope & wishes
convey it too your higher ups!

The actual practical move would be to invest in security rather then payment of ransom or extortion money. They should have armed security with authority to shoot extortionists/kidnappers etc.

Practical? Isn't this is happening from last 3 decades in karachi? First MQM started, then Punjabi Pathan Bhai Bhai episode, then haqaqi vs muthida and now today ANP vs MQM vs PPP vs Baluchi vs Sunni Tehriq vs TTP and soo o on... It's more like helping the system to grow. When everyone will have a gun. who will be the white colar left? Everyone will start killing eachother.. And Who will or can stop then? Security is the Job of Law Enforcement agencies. Not civilians.. this differentiates us from Animals to Human to form a society.

The only solution to this problem is, clean up the system, rather then helping them.

Practical? Isn't this is happening from last 3 decades in karachi? First MQM started, then Punjabi Pathan Bhai Bhai episode, then haqaqi vs muthida and now today ANP vs MQM vs PPP vs Baluchi vs Sunni Tehriq vs TTP and soo o on... It's more like helping the system to grow. When everyone will have a gun. who will be the white colar left? Everyone will start killing eachother.. And Who will or can stop then? Security is the Job of Law Enforcement agencies. Not civilians.. this differentiates us from Animals to Human to form a society.

The only solution to this problem is, clean up the system, rather then helping them.

But how do we trust the LEA's when they are the biggest extortionists and that too under oath to protect and in uniform??? You must have seen the black budget thing of GEO, right? Can anybody deny that the police department is at the helm of extortion, from shopkeeper to your everyday labourer/pushcart vendor/cobbler etc., can anybody deny the involvement and blessings of Rangers personnel in land grabbing and the ever green water tanker mafia?? Doesn't everybody know that the Rangers control all the water hydrants of the city?

Kia kia sahi keroge, aur kaise??

Back
Top Bottom