What's new

EV Mehran...

when i went pak yes i saw poor ppl but i also saw rich ppl with convertable cars, toyota jeeps, big shops.

Think of it this way, people are so poor in Pakistan that cheap jeeps are considered a status symbol. There's no denying that there are rich people in Pakistan, the question is at what cost. The great contrast is the greatest tragedy.

It is a Tata Nexon EV, 30KWh battery gives me around 250Km range on a single charge.
View attachment 937505

Yeah, TBH I didn't buy the car for reducing carbon footprint or such stuff. I'm sure most didn't buy it because of that, I bought one because I am paying a crazy amount for petrol. The govt provides some PKR-2.5Lakh rebate in road tax, bank interest rate is 0.5% lower than gas vehicles and I get around PKR 4Lakh in Income tax rebate on interest paid for the loan. That's the only reason I switched.
There's no shot you bought this for just 5.5 million PKR.

There's no shot you bought this for just 5.5 million PKR.
Yeah? Bruh! I thought it was really expensive for the price, I can get a base model Kia Seltos (slightly bigger than this) for the price. For a middle-class person like me, this is a luxury car.:D

Yeah? Bruh! I thought it was really expensive for the price, I can get a base model Kia Seltos (slightly bigger than this) for the price. For a middle-class person like me, this is a luxury car.:D
Do you guys not have any tariffs on EVs?

Do you guys not have any tariffs on EVs?
If you are going to import the car, that's 100% tax, so no Tesla or anything. But if you make those here or import CKDs and assemble them in a factory, then there is none apart from the regular tax on imported electronics and parts. In fact, you get a lot of subsidies to make those parts here if you are car manufacturer.

If you are going to import the car, that's 100% tax, so no Tesla or anything. But if you make those here or import CKDs and assemble them in a factory, then there is none apart from the regular tax on imported electronics and parts. In fact, you get a lot of subsidies to make those parts here if you are car manufacturer.
Even then 5.5 million PKR for a vehicle like this is an amazing deal. I spent most of my life in KSA and had the privilege to experience so many cool production vehicles. Vehicles are still highly affordable in KSA; however, in Pakistan, vehicles have almost always been incredibly expensive thanks to insane tariffs.

Even then 5.5 million PKR for a vehicle like this is an amazing deal. I spent most of my life in KSA and had the privilege to experience so many cool production vehicles. Vehicles are still highly affordable in KSA; however, in Pakistan, vehicles have almost always been incredibly expensive thanks to insane tariffs.
:DOh I've lived in Dubai, I've seen those KSA sheikhs and sheikhas rolling down in their flashy cars with KSA plates. In 3rd world countries, the imports of cars could very well drain forex. So, we impose tariffs to cover that.
In Pakistan's case, there is also a lack of a car manufacturing ecosystem. Here we have like 4 major tyre manufacturers, battery makers, engines and motors, and interior manufacturers like seats, leather works, dashboards etc... that source products from petrochem industries, and glass makers. Unless you develop such an ecosystem that involves multiple companies that does multiple things I think cars will be expensive in Pakistan.

This is what Im talking about, our people are natural engineers, we need this mass produced and exported to India, BD, China an Iran ASAP!

It is a Tata Nexon EV, 30KWh battery gives me around 250Km range on a single charge.
View attachment 937505

Yeah, TBH I didn't buy the car for reducing carbon footprint or such stuff. I'm sure most didn't buy it because of that, I bought one because I am paying a crazy amount for petrol. The govt provides some PKR-2.5Lakh rebate in road tax, bank interest rate is 0.5% lower than gas vehicles and I get around PKR 4Lakh in Income tax rebate on interest paid for the loan. That's the only reason I switched.

Be careful with that thing. The A pillars aren't strong enough. Regardless of what NCAP ratings say....and yet it gets accolades.

1689326954436.png

Be careful with that thing. The A pillars aren't strong enough. Regardless of what NCAP ratings say....and yet it gets accolades.

View attachment 938897
Let's forget for a second that this is an old model Nexon that's not available anymore. You are bringing up a random accident, people died in G-Wagon benz. It depends on the type of accident, no car is "death proof".

You can't disregard NCAP ratings. Sorry. And Nexon is pretty safe compared to others in the market. Especially the tin can Suzuki

it's our ppl who accept all kinds of shitty things and pain. its a shitty car if nation was intelligent they would avoid buying it, boycott it, until they start to make quality cars.
why is it that suzuki there is still using the ancient engines? It is incomprehensible that by now you should have some aspect of local production. Or it will be 'inshallah one day'.

Every Pakistani i meet, this is the norm, inshallah next day - that day never comes.

no joke, there is no drive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom